No the Magic isn’t gone but it’s at 25%

I saw that too. I was just shocked that it was sold out on Undercovertourist. We're still deciding what to do. Even with a hotel stay buying them on their own is cheaper so that won't work unfortunately.

If you are only going for one day, and going to both parks in 1 day, the regular express pass should be fine. You will get on everything in each park. Not sure you would have time to ride things twice

If you are only going for one day, and going to both parks in 1 day, the regular express pass should be fine. You will get on everything in each park. Not sure you would have time to ride things twice
I've used the one time Express before and found it to be perfectly fine. It being $200 per person is the issue lol My parents are not sure if they want to spend the money. My sister and I will be buying our own if we do end up splurging on it since we bought our own tickets but they're still deciding whether to do it or not.

All I was saying is that if people are willing to buy the $250 outright, then Disney can probably get away with it too. Not like they want to atm since they have Genie+. Was just an observation.

I've used the one time Express before and found it to be perfectly fine. It being $200 per person is the issue lol My parents are not sure if they want to spend the money. My sister and I will be buying our own if we do end up splurging on it since we bought our own tickets but they're still deciding whether to do it or not.

All I was saying is that if people are willing to buy the $250 outright, then Disney can probably get away with it too. Not like they want to atm since they have Genie+. Was just an observation.

I went during the holidays and was prepared to buy it, and ended up not needing it. It was surprisingly quiet. We also just did single rider line for alot of rides which were basically walk on

I went during the holidays and was prepared to buy it, and ended up not needing it. It was surprisingly quiet. We also just did single rider line for alot of rides which were basically walk on

We have bought the one day EP before, and we didn't really need it either, other than on the Minions.

That's what I think too. Not related to a skip the line service but I've been reading that thread about the Top of the World Lounge and there are plenty of people that don't care about Disney's blatant attempt at getting people to spend more money and perfectly willing to cough up $160 for the special lounge events. More power to them - it's not my prerogative to tell people how to spend their money. I'm also not going to touch the direct vs. resale debate with a 10 foot poll. My takeaway from that discussion was that despite the people complaining, there are just as many or even more people willing to pay for it anyway, whether that be through the events or by buying direct DVC points.

Recently that $110,000 per person ABD tour to all of the Disney parks sold out before it went on sale to the general public. We can complain about the price all we want but there is a very specific market that is appealing to.

I think there is a market for a higher priced skip the line service. I've admitted that I would buy it but then I would come less often and do it for 1-2 days. People complain about the $15 Genie+ price and the ILLs every day but others still buy them and ILLs sell out every single day. There is an obvious demand for it.

Also....in your other post was I the Red Panda friend you were referring to lol and yes I think a lot of people need to watch the Defunctland video to really understand why Fastpass+ and Genie+ fundamentally don't work in the Disney parks. He shows straight up data rather than emotion which I found really interesting.
disney offers this service, the VIP tours is literally a full day skip the line service

And those are booked up super quickly at the 60 day mark. There is a demand for it and there are enough people willing to pay for it. That's all I'm saying. People will pay whatever price Disney puts on their product due to demand.
I think they have been recently, but that wasn't the case pre-pandemic. i thought i heard that Disney was getting more guides back which should also help. I mean lets be real, they needed people to pick up the trash before bringing back VIP guides haha

The difference is you can’t tell disabled people they can’t ride a ride.
Sure you can. Just build Flight of Passage, make it a freaking motorcycle, and then offer zero accessibility options.

Or, build Navi, after Small World has had accessible boats for years, and don't put in a wheelchair boat.

Sure you can. Just build Flight of Passage, make it a freaking motorcycle, and then offer zero accessibility options.

Or, build Navi, after Small World has had accessible boats for years, and don't put in a wheelchair boat.
Seriously! I had no idea that neither of those rides were accessible. That's terrible!

Flight of passage may be difficult to retrofit, but I 100% agree about Navi

Flight of passage may be difficult to retrofit, but I 100% agree about Navi
Flight of Passage would take a glass box to pull your chair up and strap it down. It would have been even easier than Navi. Or maybe a bench seat, which I think they do have in Paris or Japan or something.

Last edited:
I asked a CM I know and she said "oh yeah we’re def understaffed and miserable. guests have been a lot worse than normal and cast morale is at an all time low". A combination of people not wanting to return to work and them deliberately not having enough hours.

"they give us more ppl but then they (peeve) off the cast that are already here which leads to cast transferring to other locations. about half of my friend group has transferred bc of how bad it’s been."

Last edited:
(sorry, double-posted for some reason)

So it seems like we've got understaffed, stressed-out people (most of whom are in their early 20s, mind you) often unfamiliar with their own section at this point (since transfers are probably more and more common) and so you're probably seeing a lot of really frayed people. I can't imagine how short-staffed custodial and other "non-customer-facing" jobs are.

Flight of Passage would take a glass box to pull your chair up and strap it down. It would have been even easier than Navi. Or maybe a bench seat, which I think they do have in Paris or Japan or something.
Ok so I did some digging on these, I agree that Navi should have been designed better to accept a wheelchair, but apparently there was “size constraints” because of where flight of passage was (not saying I find that valid, but that is what Disney put out there). People with disabilities can still transfer to the boats, however they cannot bring their wheelchairs. On the other hand flight of passage has a specially designed wheelchair to help guests transfer directly onto the banshee, so that ride is completely accessible.

Last edited:
On the other hand flight of passage has a specially designed wheelchair to help guests transfer directly onto the banshee, so that ride is completely accessible.
I’m not sure you understand much about accessibility. It’s ok, a lot of people don’t. This is nowhere close to “completely accessible.”

FOP requires transfer out of the chair AND being able to straddle a motorcycle. For many disabled people, these steps are impossible, including my own permanently disabled family member. We can slide off the chair with a couple people and some arm strength into Snow White, but there’s no way we can hoist up to straddle a motorcycle. Even if we could (maybe if we had three dudes to help and hold them spread eagle horizontally?) there’s no muscle tone to hold on, so it’s not safe. And it’s unnecessary. A bench seat or a glass box wouldn’t have been the whole shebang, but it would have been something.

I’m sure you’ve seen plenty of disabled people at Disney who can’t get out of their chairs easily. There are a lot of people limited to rides you can do in your chair. This matters because they are limited by so much in the world. I’m not saying strap them into Soarin. I’m saying put the chair behind glass at FOP.

There are a lot of disabilities that this particular ride system can’t deal with, including just being large or having a groin injury.

It’s disappointing when the solution was just SO EASY, put in some glass in the corner or a bench seat.

I actually do think Tron will accommodate better. GOTG certainly did.

Last edited:
I’m not sure you understand much about accessibility. It’s ok, a lot of people don’t. This is nowhere close to “completely accessible.”

FOP requires transfer out of the chair AND being able to straddle a motorcycle. For many disabled people, these steps are impossible, including my own permanently disabled family member. We can slide off the chair with a couple people and some arm strength into Snow White, but there’s no way we can hoist up to straddle a motorcycle. Even if we could (maybe if we had three dudes to help and hold them spread eagle horizontally?) there’s no muscle tone to hold on, so it’s not safe. And it’s unnecessary. A bench seat or a glass box wouldn’t have been the whole shebang, but it would have been something.

I’m sure you’ve seen plenty of disabled people at Disney who can’t get out of their chairs easily. There are a lot of people limited to rides you can do in your chair. This matters because they are limited by so much in the world. I’m not saying strap them into Soarin. I’m saying put the chair behind glass at FOP.

There are a lot of disabilities that this particular ride system can’t deal with, including just being large or having a groin injury.

It’s disappointing when the solution was just SO EASY, put in some glass in the corner or a bench seat.

You are correct I’m am pretty ignorant to this matter, thanks for educating me on it!

I understand how one could feel disappointed in this sort of thing, but Disney has really done a wonderful job of trying to accommodate the disabled. They did not get there with these rides for some reason. We have no idea why they didn't, but I am sure that they made a considered decision. And the reason that I am sure is their history of doing so across their parks.

IMO, with respect the treatment and consideration of disabled guests, Disney deserves the benefit of the doubt in this.

IMO, with respect the treatment and consideration of disabled guests, Disney deserves the benefit of the doubt in this.
The discussion was about how to block disabled guests, and making the two newest attractions at the time inaccessible to many is a pretty obvious example. It's not like these were old attractions or they didn't realize how many people were on the wheelchair safari car.

I do agree Disney has done better with rides since, including Remy and GOTG. I didn't go on ROTR with the wheelchair party, but I would imagine it has the same accessibility as Remy. (Edit: the last part requires transfer, which makes sense with the ride's physicality.)

Honestly, I'm not sure why there's still not a bench seat. Seems like a pretty easy change.

Last edited:
And those are booked up super quickly at the 60 day mark. There is a demand for it and there are enough people willing to pay for it. That's all I'm saying. People will pay whatever price Disney puts on their product due to demand.
Yeah, the 1% er's will pay that, but the average middle-class family will not... oops forget the middle class they've already been priced out. Lets' say the upper class won't pay it. There are plenty of wealthy people to keep the VIP tours full, but that's not the majority of people that visit the parks... or even their target audience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter