No the Magic isn’t gone but it’s at 25%

2goofykiddos

Budding Disney addict
This trip has been our worst ever. Genie plus has been a waste of money everywhere but MK. It’s glitched and canceled things and we got less than 3 rides at both Epcot and. DHS. They’d be better off doing paid lightening lane than this. It has put me in a horrible mood every day of what is supposed to be a fun vacation. They won’t be getting my money again my time soon.

I'm so sorry you're not having a great time. I can understand something like that putting a dampener on your trip. If you feel up to it, you should go to guest services and voice your disappointment there or send them some kind of an email detailing everything once you get back so that they know to do better. If more people tell them that Genie+ isn't working out then they'll have to take notice at some point.

Last edited:

I'm so sorry you're not having a great time. I can understand something like that putting a dampener on your trip. If you feel up to it, you should go to guest services and voice your disappointed there or send them some kind of an email detailing everything once you get back so that they know to do better. If more people tell them that Genie+ isn't working out then they'll have to take notice at some point.
I don’t think complaining to Disney at guest services will do anything other than waste vacation time. They started advertising that G+ is an average of 2-3 rides per day so they could stop having to offer refunds to dissatisfied guests. It’s probably also why they are disabling length of stay pre-purchase of G+—too many people complaining they would not have bought it for 10 days once they find out the first day it has so little benefit in some parks. I think they figure after the first year, people will all be used to it and stop complaining. I hated it at first but have come around because 3 rides without a long wait is better than none. Sad how we are made to feel grateful for paying more for less but it is they way of the world these days.

I feel real bad for the CMs. They didn’t choose this system and are getting yelled at by everyone. This morning my slinky spun for 5 min so the first I could get was 7. Also 7 for rise and I have an Ogas at that time. They wouldn’t move anything at guest services.

We are ending our trip today as well, but totally loved the Genie plus system, but you have to park hop to get the most out of it. We averaged 13 rides a day, and rode everything we wanted multiple times with a combination of rope dropping, mid day resort breaks, and stacking early evening LL’s for after our break at parks with lots of rides. Worked great for us.

IMHO Disney needs more Gondola routes, and less buses. Disney Springs and Animal Kingdom additions to the Gondola system would be awesome , but I don’t know if it would be possible.

Negative emotions and experiences resonate faster and last longer than positive ones. When one or two things go wrong it's like adding 2 drops of red dye in a clear glass of water. When I'm frustrated at things like Genie Plus I try to focus on all of the other amazing aspects of Disney and that can lead to better moods =) Not sure if Philosophy helps!

We found Genie + to be helpful at MK and HS. No reason to use it at the other parks.
There are so many issues with how they implemented Genie + that didn't need to be problems. Besides the glitches, I find being able to only get 2-3 rides with Genie + vs many more than that with FP+ (despite its flaws as well).
The hard part is not letting these issues bring down the enjoyment of your vacation.

I'm so sorry you're not having a great time. I can understand something like that putting a dampener on your trip. If you feel up to it, you should go to guest services and voice your disappointment there or send them some kind of an email detailing everything once you get back so that they know to do better. If more people tell them that Genie+ isn't working out then they'll have to take notice at some point.
They have taken notice. It's why next week they are limiting sales. IMO should have been that way from day 1. Glitches aside, Genie+ and all skip the line systems don't work when this many people have it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter