No staterooms available except verandahs??

BlakesMom

Mouseketeer
I was checking into availability on the June 3 2011 and June 17 2011 sailings on the Dream, and the website says there are no available staterooms except those with verandahs. Does this sound right? Is it possible that this is a sales tactic by Disney to sell out their most expensive rooms? Will some rooms open up later?

I booked the dream in June 2011 in July and there were only verandah rooms available then. Late one night some inside rooms opened up and I got one of those-I have two rooms booked. Keep checking as some more might open up-especially if people switch their cruise to the fantasy in 2012!

There are 5 of us and I have two inside rooms booked for the June 12, 2011 cruise. I check every day to see if any verandah rooms that can sleep 5 open up (not sure if I would actually change my 2 rooms to one, but want to compare prices) and there are NEVER any available for our cruise. I think the ship is very, very full for next summer. I agree with the other poster that rooms may open up, but I have a feeling the ship is going to be packed! :scared1:

I was checking into availability on the June 3 2011 and June 17 2011 sailings on the Dream, and the website says there are no available staterooms except those with verandahs. Does this sound right? Is it possible that this is a sales tactic by Disney to sell out their most expensive rooms? Will some rooms open up later?

Yes, it's likely true. These dates have been available to book since last November. Usually the cheaper rooms are the 1st to sell out. Unlike planning a trip to WDW, cruises start booking much further in advance. We usually book 2 yrs out and think nothing of it; already booked for 2012. :lovestruc

Rooms could open up if people cancel. If you're able to plan with short notice, the final payment due date is 75 days before sailing. After that, people will pay a penalty for cancelling so this is a popular time to see new availability again. Still doesn't mean the price will be right though. It's a gamble.

It is also possible that they will offer some of the non-verandah rooms as GTY since they tend to sell quicker than the more expensive categories. DCL does this to fill the ship but since there are only so many rooms in those categories, some people will get upgraded for free (maybe the GTY people or maybe someone who booked a long time ago....there are many threads about who/how/why gets these upgrades!) Catching these lower category rooms is very hit or miss...you just have to keep checking.

VERY possible since they've been for sale for so long now. You're down to about 7 or 8 months out now so that's sorta get to be last minute in cruise time.

We looked into inside rooms for a b2b and couldn't keep the same room so we went to a porthole for the b2b.

I think we got a GREAT deal for our cruises.

Now there's only balcony left and this is for the end of August.

I've been checking for a few weeks now for an inside stateroom or oceanview for June 7th Dream and none were available, tonight I talked with our travel agent (Dreams Unlimited) and she was able to get us an inside stateroom even though DCL website said none were available. So maybe its a website issue in some cases.

When you look at the deck plans for the Dream/Fantasy, there seems to be considerably fewer inside staterooms, compared to the number of inside staterooms on the Magic/Wonder.

I had needed to switch a cruise and in April, the same thing was happening... but occasionally a 11A room would show up. Check every morning as I guess they throw their inventory back in at midnightish.

Our first cruise was in September of 2005. We wanted an inside stateroom, but none were available. We went back to the site a few months before the cruise thinking to book for September 2006. We checked 2005 just to be sure. Some inside staterooms had opened up. We assumed that some people had been upgraded to open up these rooms. Nevertheless, we cruised in September of 2005 and have booked on board for every cruise since then. Good luck getting on this cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter