No pen or paper in Villa any more?

Question, did you ask for pen, pad of paper and coasters? Just curious if they are available on request. I read on another thread that someone had written a phone number in an end table. I would hate to see that happen.
Yes I agree with your, we have GPS in our car and we set it when we are going somewhere new but I still like to have my handy trusty map so I know where I am and how much further I have to go. I guess it the visual/bigger picture for me.
We didn't, but a friend asked 2 people on different days - the first person (housekeeping) told her all the pens/pads were gone, the second (front desk) left a few in her room. Just this week, a FD CM gave us a note written on a paper from the pads. Although tempting, I didn't bother asking for one 😊

We didn't, but a friend asked 2 people on different days - the first person (housekeeping) told her all the pens/pads were gone, the second (front desk) left a few in her room. Just this week, a FD CM gave us a note written on a paper from the pads. Although tempting, I didn't bother asking for one 😊

Thanks for the reply. So the pens and pads are still around they are just being tight about putting them in the villas...sad. :sad2:

Y'all joke but we have had issues with toilet paper on the last three trips. 1 roll in each bathroom in a 2 bed at OKW and 1 roll in the bathroom of a 1 bed at OKW.

Y'all joke but we have had issues with toilet paper on the last three trips. 1 roll in each bathroom in a 2 bed at OKW and 1 roll in the bathroom of a 1 bed at OKW.
Yep. We almost ran out one day and asked the housekeeper in the hallway if we could have one off her cart. You'd think we were asking for her first born with the look she gave us. Now, I just add it to my shopping list, as I can get better quality anyway. However, this is ridiculous for a "deluxe" resort.

Really how much can that cost?

They take away the pens but when I want to order only two extra MB (split stay), I have to order 8 ,one for each person on reservation.
I agree this is not reasonable. It's not about the cost, we pay for any amenities provided in our villas. So now with no small bath products, no lotion, and no pens and paper? Does this really make that much difference in a per point annual dues cost?

The word that also comes to mind is ridiculous.
Again, we don't get anything for free. Every amenity we receive is charged for in our annual dues. What the heck? Seriously even the worst timeshares provide enough toilet paper. I'll forego my trash being taken out every day that's totally unnecessary.

Maybe we should look for a toilet paper “credit” on our 2020 dues?!?

Seriously, we started scheduling a car service with Tony Hinds last year after renting cars, mostly at MCO for years. once we rented one at the Dolphin and that was painless but returning at MCO was awful for us. Tony and his drivers did a grocery stop at Publix and that’s how we do it now. I have a shopping list and add TP. Having it on the list doesn’t feel magical but I don’t want to track down housekeeping and beg. I guess we could leave a note for security checkers who empty the trash receptacles daily and request more? I did this one trip for caffeinated coffee supplies (with a generous tip) and I received exactly what I requested. I addressed it to “Dear Security.”

I agree this is not reasonable. It's not about the cost, we pay for any amenities provided in our villas. So now with no small bath products, no lotion, and no pens and paper? Does this really make that much difference in a per point annual dues cost?

They did change the rules and now have made coffee and getting more towels “free”. Maybe its to offset? Lol

Of course, what I have heard is that these have been removed from all, not just DVC. I certainly miss it though because I always left a little note when we checked out.

Just back from Villas Grand Californian and they had pen and paper by each phone.
Can't really remember if there was at OKW in Oct. or not.
VGC, and Disneyland Resort in general, seems to have done much fewer cutbacks over the years.
At least that has been my observation.

They did change the rules and now have made coffee and getting more towels “free”. Maybe its to offset? Lol

Of course, what I have heard is that these have been removed from all, not just DVC. I certainly miss it though because I always left a little note when we checked out.

We like to leave a note too! Well, I do have my little notebook, and at the Dollar store, they were 4 for $1.

I do hope Aulani pens stay, I love mine! I hope for one more Aulani trip, March 2021!

Again, we don't get anything for free. Every amenity we receive is charged for in our annual dues. What the heck? Seriously even the worst timeshares provide enough toilet paper. I'll forego my trash being taken out every day that's totally unnecessary.
Lol. A timeshare with no extras. Oh boy. Don't laugh,they just might charge you for toilet paper

Lol. A timeshare with no extras. Oh boy. Don't laugh,they just might charge you for toilet paper
1) The point is that this is a departure from previous practices.

2) The same thing is reportedly happening on the hotel side of the business.

3) Two years ago I would have said “yeah, but this is Disney”.
I can no longer make that argument.

I heard one roll her 6 day stay. If you want another it's an additional fee. Lol.

We had no pads of paper and pens at AKL and SSR in August, but plenty of toilet paper.

It's a cost cutting measure to increase revenue margins, it is in all the hotels not just DVC. This is the typical practice under Iger, just like removing the bath products and removing the bed runners and decorative pillows. They are encouraged to find ways to cut costs and trim the fat so to speak. They will run a cost anaylisis and say if we stop providing notepads and pens this will save us $XXX dollars per year, it's not going to be a dealbreaker for guests where now everyone is going to book off site, so they do it and the person that thought of it gets a pat on the back and keeps their job lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!