No pen or paper in Villa any more?

I had coasters in November. Now that I know that they are the new notepads, all I need to bring is a pen.

I did notice that the studios I stayed in had liquid coffee creamer instead of the old powdered variety. This is a nice change - now I don't have to take extra from the counter service restaurants.

And liquid soap for laundry. Lots of little changes, some positive, some not so much. I don't like that we get paper plates wrapped in plastic that are just plain cardboard. I miss the old ones that said Disney World on them. I know - it's been a while since we saw those!

There are a lot of subtle and cheaper changes that have taken place over the years, from white napkins that said DW to brown scraps of paper, where you have to get 3-4 to wipe your fingers clean. The bigger it gets the cheaper it gets.

In September I was in Jambo House, and there were metal eating utensils. I understand that this is more ecological, but I can't use them. I much prefer the individually wrapped plastic ones.

If people left the paper and pens in the room instead of swiping them and taking them home, I think we’d still be seeing the pads of paper and pens in the villas.

I always saw it as a nice feature rather than a gift.

If people left the paper and pens in the room instead of swiping them and taking them home, I think we’d still be seeing the pads of paper and pens in the villas.

I always saw it as a nice feature rather than a gift.
The problem is they say "Disney World," so they become a free souvenir. The first time I stayed on site, I was surprised that the towels didn't say "Disney World"--for about 10 seconds, and then I realized what would be happening to them if they did.

I don't think those pens and little pads of paper cost Disney all that much. They order that stuff in bulk so I'm sure they come at a very reasonable price and it's better then having guests write on the night stand or table as has been reported on these boards due to the lack of paper. JMHO.

I don't think those pens and little pads of paper cost Disney all that much. They order that stuff in bulk so I'm sure they come at a very reasonable price and it's better then having guests write on the night stand or table as has been reported on these boards due to the lack of paper. JMHO.
That’s not good!

Agreed, I think it would be much better and cheaper for Disney to just supply the pad of paper at minimum to ward off that sort of behavior.

Yeah the no clock thing is very annoying, how do they expect you keep your breakfast dining reservation without an alarm clock???

A week ago, no paper, pen, or clock in CCV studio :(
Yeah the no clock thing is very annoying, how do they expect you keep your breakfast dining reservation without an alarm clock???
Yeah, the no-clock thing is very old news. Supposedly, we guests “requested” that they take the clocks away because they took up too much room, the alarms would ring in the middle of the night, they were unnecessary because “everyone” has a phone with a clock on it, yadda yadda.

What aggravates me about the pen & paper is that MFs would pay for them at DVC resorts (as they did clocks, of course). How expensive could they be?

First thing I do when I stay somewhere with an alarm clock... unplug it. Too much light right next to my face while trying to fall asleep and they always go off when I don't want them to. I will really miss the pen and pad though.

First thing I do when I stay somewhere with an alarm clock... unplug it. Too much light right next to my face while trying to fall asleep and they always go off when I don't want them to. I will really miss the pen and pad though.
And the time is always wrong on the clock. You usually need a screwdriver to change the time.

Well my daughter gave me a travel clock one year for Christmas after they took them away so I'm covered. Of course the trick is remembering to pack it! I now keep it a bag that I always take to WDW so I don't forget. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter