No more Free parking after 6pm??

DOOM1001

DIS Veteran
Screamscape is reporting that apparently Universal has decided to start charging $3 for parking after 6pm,so the days of free parking to visit Citywalk at night are over.This doesn't affect me,having and AP,but it just seems like a total bad idea as with a weak economy wouldn't you want to offer every possible incentive for people to visit your restaurants,shops and clubs,I mean Downtown Disney is free, and just down the road at Pointe Orlando was often mentioned as possibly being more popular if it didn't have a parking fee that kept some away!!It just seems like it's the wrong time to be charging for this,I wonder what the Citywalk restaurants think?

I already wait till after 6pm to go to the movies or out to dinner there. now i'll just go to the movies at another theater and go out to dinner elsewhere. i know its only $3 but every other movie theater or restaurant that i would go to doesn't charge so why pay.. (i don't go to the clubs)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter