*No longer relevant* (Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy)

Question...frequent WDW visitor with first DL trip in 2 weeks. I was under the impression that you could book as many as you can find, provided the times don’t overlap. I see people talking about a 90 min blocked out window and I’m not quite sure what that is. Just want to make sure we can maximize our time in the parks
Early in the OP, there’s a thread linked that talks about “when can I book my next FP,” which may be helpful to click on when you’re reading through to make sure you get all the nuances.

Early in the OP, there’s a thread linked that talks about “when can I book my next FP,” which may be helpful to click on when you’re reading through to make sure you get all the nuances.
Thank you! I seemed to have missed the link when going through the OP

Just got back from Disneyland. We arrived at park opening every day and got on all the rides we wanted to without MP's or FP's. When we did get a few FP's, we had to wait like 15 min. to use them. It was the strangest thing ever. We laughed about it. We used single rider for Radiator Springs and got on pretty quick, even when the lines were long. The parks were crowded by afternoon, but we did great near park closing. Haunted Mansion and It's a Small World were amazing! I can't believe how much work goes into transforming these two rides for the Holidays. Just amazing!

Anyone have experience with using USCellular data in the parks for Maxpass?

I want to verify what I think I read in the OP. I am going tomorrow and plan to start at DL (which has EMH) and will have MaxPass. Do the first available FastPasses start at 8:00 am? I seem to remember them not starting until 9:00 am on previous visits.

I want to verify what I think I read in the OP. I am going tomorrow and plan to start at DL (which has EMH) and will have MaxPass. Do the first available FastPasses start at 8:00 am? I seem to remember them not starting until 9:00 am on previous visits.

They start at regular park opening but once you are in the park you can start getting FP using MP. I was at DL EMH and was able to get a Radiator Springs FP for CA using MP.

They start at regular park opening but once you are in the park you can start getting FP using MP. I was at DL EMH and was able to get a Radiator Springs FP for CA using MP.
Thank you. What was the first times available?

We will be going to DL for the last weekend in February and I am wondering if we will need the Max Pass. It seems like crowd levels are low for that time of year but apparently Food and Wine Festival starts that weekend. What are your thoughts? This is only our 2nd time to go to DL.

We are going the first week of Feb and we will get a Maxpass . 1: because it’s cheaper to get all the ride / character and park photos , only one person in your party need do this and you can all still use your park tickets in the machines . And 2: the ability to be in one park and get a fast pass for the other park sells me every time . Mid to late Feb is mid winter break for a lot of the west cost so you will get an influx of guests , not sure of it would still be busy enough for one if you have a tighter budget . My thought is , for 2 coffees over a day I can get a Maxpass for the whole day !

With food and wine and the new parade I think it will be pretty darn busy. We are also there that same weekend and we are going fastpass for sure. There is also that large convention in Anaheim that wont have a huge effect on the crowds but it certainly wont help.

As others have said, yes, get maxpass. There really isn't a predictably slow season anymore. As the PP above mentioned, a new parade will be starting and so will F&W. I expect the crowds to pick up quite a bit for both of those. Definitely spring for maxpass!

We will be going to DL for the last weekend in February and I am wondering if we will need the Max Pass. It seems like crowd levels are low for that time of year but apparently Food and Wine Festival starts that weekend. What are your thoughts? This is only our 2nd time to go to DL.

I have been around the last week of February multiple times and I would absolutely get Maxpass.

If they do the same for Rise Of The Resistance that they did at WDW, then MaxPass will be helpful in joining a Boarding Group right when you enter the park. I'm not 100% sure if you can just use the App, without MaxPass, to join a boarding group or not.

Other than locking in the $15 per ticket per day price by buying it with the ticket is there any advantage to buying the MaxPass ahead of time? In the past couple of years I've bought it through the app at the park and it's worked well.

My main concern would be that they raise the price of it between now and my actual trip because it's become an almost obligatory purchase for most park goers at this point.

MaxPass started Jan 11, 2017 at $10 or $75/year it increased Jan 6, 2019 to $15 and $100/year. While it could increase again, I think there is a price point where sales would slide. $10 was a hands down do it price, $15 still worth it but at $20 per person, I'd had to wait and see how busy the park is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter