*No longer relevant* (Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy)

It increased once from $10-$15. That’s it. The only reasons I think it’s worth it to get MP ahead of time is so you don’t have to worry about buying it in the park (which is really easy so it’s not a big deal) and if you’re at the very front of the line to get into the park at the beginning of the day, you can generally hurry and get your Fastpass before rushing to a ride and it’s nice to already have MP (if you’re at the very front of the line, they will scan your ticket before the countdown so there is a small amount of time to hurry and reserve that Fastpass). Honestly, if you’re probably going to have it every day, you might as well just get it ahead of time.

Just to confirm, can I "pull" a Maxpass as soon at I pass the turnstall on a Magic Morning, or do I have to wait until the park opens? (wasn't sure from the superthread) Thanks.

I’m going with a group of 15 people in March. I have everyone’s tickets on my Disney app on my phone. All tickets were bought with maxpass so I figured we were ready to go and that I would get all the maxpasses from my phone while on the trip. I read on Reddit something about a 10 person limit for maxpass from one account/device. Does anyone know the validity of this? That would certainly complicate matters for us if we have to use two separate devices, since return times could be different. I’d also worry about getting different boarding groups for ROtR.

I have heard that speculated, but never confirmed, so I don’t think it’s actually true.

I’d love for someone to chime in if they’ve actually booked for a group larger than 10 people, of course, to confirm.

Hi, Everyone!

My sister’s family and my family both got Flex Passes this year and are planning a trip together for the weekend of 1/10. My family added Maxpass to our passes, but my sister’s family didn’t. Will it be difficult for us to coordinate Fastpasses to ride together? Any suggestions for how to make this work?

Thanks for reading!

It will be nearly impossible for you to coordinate unless they upgrade to maxpass.

If you downgrade your tickets, you may be able to compromise on trying maxpass as a group on the first day, and then deciding whether you will need (or want) it each day in the park.

You can still pull from the physical kiosks even with MP added to your pass. It will follow MP rules (next available every 90 minutes instead of every 120 minutes). It's the only way to be sure you'll have a similar FP window.

MP times and FP times at the kiosks do not always match up due to the fact MP can pull from cancelled ones and get earlier times. There's just no easy way to guarantee a similar window with you booking on MP and your sister's family having to pull from the kiosks.

The other choice, as mentioned in an earlier comment, is for your sister's family to add MP daily for each day you're in the parks together.

Thanks, guys!

My sister’s family consists of her, her husband, and their two-year-old. Her husband DOES have MaxPass added to his Annual Pass because they wanted at least one for the PhotoPass benefits. Since the toddler doesn’t need MaxPass, my sister is the only one who needs it. They’re only joining us in the parks for the one day, so hopefully I can convince her to get it for $15. She is pretty frugal, and she and her husband think that walking to the kiosks isn’t a big deal. I don’t mind walking to the kiosks, either, but isn’t it also true that the return times through MaxPass tend to be quicker/sooner than the ones at the kiosks? Also you can book FastPasses in both parks without physically being there and occasionally pick up other people’s cancellations once the physical FastPasses have run out. Hopefully, my sister will see the benefit!

Thanks, guys!

My sister’s family consists of her, her husband, and their two-year-old. Her husband DOES have MaxPass added to his Annual Pass because they wanted at least one for the PhotoPass benefits. Since the toddler doesn’t need MaxPass, my sister is the only one who needs it. They’re only joining us in the parks for the one day, so hopefully I can convince her to get it for $15. She is pretty frugal, and she and her husband think that walking to the kiosks isn’t a big deal. I don’t mind walking to the kiosks, either, but isn’t it also true that the return times through MaxPass tend to be quicker/sooner than the ones at the kiosks? Also you can book FastPasses in both parks without physically being there and occasionally pick up other people’s cancellations once the physical FastPasses have run out. Hopefully, my sister will see the benefit!

Gift yourself some extra magic and pay for it on her behalf!

As stated above, coordination and trekking back and forth with two families will suck...You and your family will gain far more relaxation out of the $15, so I suggest simply giving her the $15, say Happy New Year and have fun.

Hand her $15 or buy her lunch if she gets MaxPass, it will make your trip so much better.

I'm assuming their 2-year old is below the height requirement for all of the FP attractions that have height requirements, so they will need to do rider switch for those rides anyway (and get the benefit of bringing 2 people on for a re-ride). I believe the latest reports are that they will issue a rider switch even if the initial non-riding party doesn't have a FP/MP, so if her husband has MP, really you're talking about whether it's worth $15 to get MaxPass for Buzz, Haunted Mansion, IASW, and TSMM. I can see why that wouldn't necessarily be worth it for them.

The earlier return times on MP are cancelled FPs. And yes, you can pick up cancelled FPs on MP.

If you have a hopper, you can book MP FPs for either park without being in the park you're booking for. Being able to book is based only on having scanned in for the first time. They are not location based (I've been able to still book passes all the way up in the Bay Area if I scanned in before driving the 400 miles home).

If she won't pay for it and it's important to you to have access to those earlier times, then I agree with the above to just pay for it for her. This is what I've done for friends who refuse to pay for MP because it does matter to me to use it (and I used to willingly be the FP runner when the two parks weren't connected prior to the transition to MP being implemented).

I couldn’t agree more, so I offered to pay the $15, but she declined. lol She said that since there are so many kids’ attractions that don’t have Fastpass, and they like to take advantage of the single rider option for the adult rides, she doesn’t see the benefit in getting MaxPass, even for the day, and even if I pay for it. She feels that if she were going to get it at all, it would be more cost-effective to add the whole year for $100 rather than paying $15 a pop since we will be doing multiple trips together this year. So, we agreed that we would ride together on everything that doesn’t have fastpass, do some single rider stuff together, and try to coordinate our fastpass return times whenever possible. If there are some rides that we can’t do at the same time, then she’s okay with that. We are planning to go a bunch throughout the year, so we’ll get to ride everything together at some point. I guess that makes sense, so I’m just going to roll with it! :)

I'm assuming their 2-year old is below the height requirement for all of the FP attractions that have height requirements, so they will need to do rider switch for those rides anyway (and get the benefit of bringing 2 people on for a re-ride). I believe the latest reports are that they will issue a rider switch even if the initial non-riding party doesn't have a FP/MP, so if her husband has MP, really you're talking about whether it's worth $15 to get MaxPass for Buzz, Haunted Mansion, IASW, and TSMM. I can see why that wouldn't necessarily be worth it for them.

Bingo! This is precisely the reason she doesn’t see a need for it, and I understand the logic there, so I’m just going to go with the flow and not bring it up again. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter