No it is not ok to Breast Feed ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad4Mickey

<font color=FF66FF>All SINGLE Firemen have a MARRI
BEFORE you jump on me it is your right of course to breast feed your child but it is also my right not to have to look at your nipples.
We are in WDW right now and I can not tell you how many times we have seen someone whip out a breast and put a child to it .

My sister breastfed but always kept a blanket over her. What happend to being kind to others :confused3
My 8 year old nephew leaned over in Turtle Talk and asked me if I could tell the "lady in the floor he could see her b**bies , because he didnt think she knew and he didnt want her to feel embarrassed " there were several children staring and she didnt care . She was in the floor with the kids breast feeding her baby . Like I said I dont care if you do it because it is your right but do you really have the right to expose yourself to kids? If I didnt have a baby latched on to it would I get in trouble if the cops walked by ? uhh yeah so please think before you do it without a cover for your child and yourself . I am not talking about a lady with a baby under a **** I am talking about a lady lifting her shirt up over her breast and just hanging it out .

BEFORE you jump on me it is your right of course to breast feed your child but it is also my right not to have to look at your nipples.
We are in WDW right now and I can not tell you how many times we have seen someone whip out a breast and put a child to it .

My sister breastfed but always kept a blanket over her. What happend to being kind to others :confused3
My 8 year old nephew leaned over in Turtle Talk and asked me if I could tell the "lady in the floor he could see her b**bies , because he didnt think she knew and he didnt want her to feel embarrassed " there were several children staring and she didnt care . She was in the floor with the kids breast feeding her baby . Like I said I dont care if you do it because it is your right but do you really have the right to expose yourself to kids? If I didnt have a baby latched on to it would I get in trouble if the cops walked by ? uhh yeah so please think before you do it without a cover for your child and yourself . I am not talking about a lady with a baby under a **** I am talking about a lady lifting her shirt up over her breast and just hanging it out .

That was very polite of your nephew to tell you about her 'exposing' herself.

As far as breast feeding, I personally don't think I could do it in public. I can imagine that it is difficult to explain to children who aren't used to seeing a woman breast feeding why they are 'exposing' themselves.

Besides seeing this, I hope you are enjoying your trip to WDW!!! :)

It is perfectly natural for a child to be nursing. That is what nature designed the breast for. It is other people's hang-ups if they regard the breast sexually and seeing a child nursing offends them.

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

and could somebody please pass the margaritas. There hasn't been a good breast feeding blanket vs no blanket thread in a long time.

Vegas lays odds on 10 pages before it is locked.

I can totally understand what you are saying! I am currently nursing and I have already gotten the maps for the parks and mapped out the baby care centers. I think it is a wonderful thing for a mother to nurse but there needs to be respect for others because no one wants to see that. I know I felt the same way about people and I am currently nursing myself! I do not understand people! :sad2:

what's wrong with seeing a little nip :lmao:

Seriously, though, I don't understand why catching a tiny flash of nipple (though I would think it would usually be covered by the baby's head) bothers you. :confused3

You're at Walt Disney World and you have time to open this can of worms? :confused3

Seriously, breastfeeding in public is fine with me. I did it thousands of times (four kids) back in the stone age and no one ever died from seeing a bit of bosom. However it can certainly be accomplished without showing 'the world' much skin. But I wouldn't get exercised about it if someone did. It's a momma feeding her baby. :confused3

Here we go again. Now who can hold onto this bull for 8 seconds without falling off. :rotfl:

It is perfectly natural for a child to be nursing. That is what nature designed the breast for. It is other people's hang-ups if they regard the breast sexually and seeing a child nursing offends them.

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

and could somebody please pass the margaritas.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Oh no, not a breastfeeding thread! I thought that it would be a while before we saw one of these again.

I think that the simple truth is that the two sides will never agree. The zealots on both sides want their way and those of us in the middle think that it's possible to compromise. But again, this is one of those subjects where each person thinks that they're right and many won't give an inch.

Have fun! Who wants to take a bet on how many pages before this one is locked? ;)

what's wrong with seeing a little nip :lmao:

Seriously, though, I don't understand why catching a tiny flash of nipple (though I would think it would usually be covered by the baby's head) bothers you. :confused3

I wish it was a flash I mean the full breast hanging into her lap with the baby latched on her whole breast was out of the shirt.

As far as the opening of a can of worms . This is what I think and this is what I chose to write about . It is 11:00 pm and the parks are closed , I own DVC so my internet is free so its not like it is costing me anything to post what I think and I am nto taking time out of my vacation to "open a can of worms"

If a lady just has her whole breast out without a kid on it what do you think people would say ?

It is not about looking at it sexually it is about looking at it period . We have taught the kids that thier body is thiers and is not for others to see or touch .
I really dont have a problem with people who do it right there in an attraction as long as everyone elses kids do not have to see the whole thing . Now when my nephew was 3 and he kept staring at a lady who was nursing and I told him not to that it was rude bucause that is the kind of milk her baby needed to eat . He knows about breast feeding he just didnt think she knew her whole B**bie was showing he thought he was doing her a favor by asking me to tell her " you know maybe you could just tell her lady to lady Aunt Boo"

Gosh as a nursing mom (I swear I never thought I would say that I Formula Fed my first 3) and even a non nursing mom who cares? the other day I was at walmart with my babe. He was on the verge of getting hungry I was talking to him telling him I'd feed him when we got home in 5 minutes.. this lady is like what don't you have a bottle I say no I'm breastfeeding.. she's like good for you and thank you for not just whipping it out and nursing over there on that bench like a lot of moms do and kept going on the WHOLE time she was checking me out about "nursing moms".. I wanted to just sit there and nurse in front of her SO badly just because of how RUDE this lady was.. face it when a baby is hungry they gotta eat.. My kids don't care when they see me feeding him. Why not just tell your nephew, she's feeding her baby that's how some babies eat? I SO wish I was comfortable nursing in public!

Wanted to add when I feed Anthony my whole breast is out.. its the only way I can do it.. the girls aren't small enough to not be seen..

Oh for the love of....

I just got back from 8 days of a puke fest at WDW, due to the Norwalk virus that is rampant. I wish a little tit peek was the worst of my worries while there.

Another benefit of nursing I guess is that it doesn't faze my kids to see it in public,lol. I nursed all 3 of mine til they were ready to wean.

I got nasty looks half the times I nursed in public. Can't imagine doing that to a mom and baby, geez.

I will admit that I have some serious hang ups about my body. If in order to show it in a magazine that magazine has to have a plastic bag and is sold only to those over 18- I don't want to see it.

I have no problem with people breastfeeding in public, but I personally don't understand why you wouldn't want to cover up enough that you aren't flashing people. As the OP said, if you weren't breastfeeding you could get arrested for indecent exposure. Why does breastfeeding suddenly make it okay to flash the masses? It's one thing if it's accidental, it's quite another if it's not.

I guess for me what it comes down to is common courtesy. I'm not going to say anything to you about breastfeeding or sit and stare at you so you feel uncomfortable. It would be nice if you could recognize that not everybody is comfortable seeing other people's naked bodies and at least be discrete about it.

I breastfed DD for about four months. I never did BFIP. I just wasn't comfortable with it. I'd pump a bottle when we'd go out, or I would go into the bathroom or a mother's lounge to breastfeed. I know people get all up in arms about breastfeeding in a bathroom (i.e., "I don't eat in the bathroom, why should my baby?") but I was much more relaxed when I knew people weren't staring at me, which worked better all around.

I have no problems with women who BFIP. I just hope they'd have respect for others and make sure they weren't flashing the goods.

I wish it was a flash I mean the full breast hanging into her lap with the baby latched on her whole breast was out of the shirt.

As far as the opening of a can of worms . This is what I think and this is what I chose to write about . It is 11:00 pm and the parks are closed , I own DVC so my internet is free so its not like it is costing me anything to post what I think and I am nto taking time out of my vacation to "open a can of worms"

If a lady just has her whole breast out without a kid on it what do you think people would say ?

It is not about looking at it sexually it is about looking at it period . We have taught the kids that thier body is thiers and is not for others to see or touch .
I really dont have a problem with people who do it right there in an attraction as long as everyone elses kids do not have to see the whole thing . Now when my nephew was 3 and he kept staring at a lady who was nursing and I told him not to that it was rude bucause that is the kind of milk her baby needed to eat . He knows about breast feeding he just didnt think she knew her whole B**bie was showing he thought he was doing her a favor by asking me to tell her " you know maybe you could just tell her lady to lady Aunt Boo"
Doesn't that get a bit hot in the summer to be completely covered up? And do they wear gloves in the summer too?

Once at Fantasmic the woman next to me started to BF and asked me to turn away... away from the show as well. :confused: Thankfully she and her husband switched places or I would have been a little miffed.

NO Problem with the breast feeding I swear I know it is natural but why do you need your whole breast out . Can you do it with just the nipple and lets say 1/2 a b**b?
I dont know I didnt breast feed but I see other moms doing it with something over them even just a blanket would do . Shoot I dont mind the nipple at all I got a pair of them . BUT the WHOLE thing , please explain to me why the whole thing is needed?
\
I forgot to mention that before it was all said and done people had gotten up and moved thier children away from her and there was a ring of a buffer around her and her breast .

Since the breast is a natural thing is it ok to just sit there with them out ?
I just had a reduction and a lift they look great and I wish I could show anyone who wanted to look but it just is not something you do

Oh for the love of....

I just got back from 8 days of a puke fest at WDW, due to the Norwalk virus that is rampant. I wish a little tit peek was the worst of my worries while there.

Now that truly sucks. Sorry it happened to you. One of my big fears of going on vacation is getting seriously ill. Hope you are feeling better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter