No FOP day 64 :(

Our last day is Saturday 11/18 which I had planned on being a MK day, we have park hoppers so I decided to make 3 early fastpasses in AK since FOP was available for that day (day 7 of the trip) and then we can hop over to MK for the rest of the day. My main goal that day is to see HEA so it doesn't really ruin anything except not being able to make fastpasses for MK ahead of time, but I'm sure we'll be able to snag a few same days. You really just have to be flexible with your days and plans and if you have hoppers be willing to use them. Have you checked any crowd calendars for that week? They're obviously not 100% accurate but they should give you a fairly good idea. I've heard that traveling early December is typically low crowd.
Sounds like we may have the same last day plan, AK in the a.m. then MK end of the day! :) We have hoppers as well. I've seen different crowd level predictions for my dates; anywhere from a 3 to a 6 for the same day, depending on the source! But, there's nothing higher than a 6 right now so hopefully things won't be too crowded. Great advice to be flexible. I think I'll keep AK on day 3 (I absolutely love it and want it to go there sooner in the trip!) and then if I can't get FOP FPs, decide that week whether to rope drop it Tuesday or Saturday.

It just makes me wonder just how many Fast passes (per day) they hand out for this ride. Is there any details anywhere how many Fast Passes per day they allow (depending on the ride)?

Just seems crazy that they all get taken by just people having LONG WDW resort stays.
1) Not many guests have stays of 7 days or longer (you'd think due to cost).
2) Of those guests that have long WDW vacations, how many stay in a Disney Resort?
3) Of those guests that do have long stays in Disney resort how many are booking FoP on the last days of their trip?

My thoughts too! We are just not in the stage of our lives where we can go to to WDW for such extended stays. Maybe we will get there one day, but right now with DSs' school schedules, activities, sports, etc. we are just not there. Maybe one day though! I can dream and wish. :wizard:

Today was my FP day and the only day I can do AK is Day 4 of my trip. I had high hopes that FOP would be available A few days into the trip but nope... I even tried single FPs to break us up and no luck ;(.
I had literally the exact same experience today trying to get a FP. I don't know what your touring style is, but I'm just planning to rope drop it now and hopefully get off in time to use my NRJ FP. It does seem like they must not be allocating that many FP+ for it. No other FP+ have been that hard to get.

Keep trying. I cancelled one today for next week and may possibly canceling another. Plans change all the time.

My FP day was Tuesday. FoP was harder to get than I hoped but it worked out okay. Got a 1:35 for day 6, 3 PM for day 7, and 9:35 AM for day 8. I'm getting rid of the day 7 one as I have no interest in doing AK 3 days. I'll keep the day 8 one, but depending on how it's going when we're there, we may change that up.

Today was my FP day and the only day I can do AK is Day 4 of my trip. I had high hopes that FOP would be available A few days into the trip but nope... I even tried single FPs to break us up and no luck ;(.

FPs help, but they're not your only option. A lot of people advise getting in line for FOP just before closing time. The posted wait time may seem long, but your actual wait will be considerably shorter. That's probably a better option than fighting the crowds at rope drop. Early magic hours are also better than rope drop, and don't bring a bag because security bag check will slow down your entry into the park.

I think you should keep checking often, FP seem to pop up randomly as people change or maybe they are even releasing additional ones.
I just managed to get 2 FPs on 2 separate days for FOP and I'm only 30 days out (staying offsite this trip)

i was also nervous on our FP day (last Saturday). What i did was really look at the plan for the 6 days we were going to be there. I picked several different times that we could possibly go and gave everyone in our party had a day to try for FOP for. We were limited on times because we had a wedding in the middle of the trip and i wasn't changing some hard to get ADRs. I really wanted day 2 but figured i wouldn't get that. So at 7am Saturday am everyone was on their phones/computers and tried for FOP fp first and NRJ second. I was the only one to get FOP and i was trying for day 6, the last day of our trip and i needed morning since some of us had to be back for the Tragical Express back to reality. I could hear everyone yelling from where ever they were in the house.... HEY NO FAIR...FP ALL GONE, WHAT?? LOL It worked ok, not our preferred time but we were willing to adjust our schedule. We did get NRJ and ROL for the 2nd night so not a total loss. If you want FP for both you have to go 2 days anyway. It really stinks for someone going for a long weekend or someone who can't change plans. Oh and there were 6 in our party and booked all 6 at once.

No FP for our day 63, but got it for day 66 and 67. I had seen some people who got nothing, so I'm happy with our results. I'll keep checking on day 63...

I booked FP for FOP for day 67 this morning. Had my choice of many different times.

I was also unable to get FOP for days 60-65...at first. When they extended the AK hours about 35 days out to add an hour at the end of the park day those FP's popped up and I grabbed them. Keep you eyes on the look out for added hours as this opens up more FP's

Update to my original post: There were none to be had at Day 64 but a 4:30-5:30 for 4 popped up today at Day 54! Stalking works sometimes :).

All of a sudden today I had my pick of about any time I wanted for Oct 7th from 9:20am all the way to 8:30 pm. Like they just released a full batch. I already had one for that day and was just wanting to move my time a little. But had to do a double take when I saw so many.

Just got 11/16 for a family of five! (And there were plenty of options to choose from.) :yay:

My first day to get Fastpasses was September 5th and we are only in the parks for 2 days. I was unable to get FOP until today. I got some for 10:50 - 11:50. I kept trying numerous times every day since the 5th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!