No FOP day 64 :(

This is discouraging news. Have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time refreshing over the next couple of months! Our FP day is this upcoming Sunday.

60 days out as of this morning. Got online right at 7amEST, No FOP available for 7days. Oh well, the que looks cool...

60 days out as of this morning. Got online right at 7amEST, No FOP available for 7days. Oh well, the que looks cool...

This was me too - I was online and hit refresh on the page right at 7.... no luck. It isn't the end of the world as I visit often but still a bit disappointing. My husband is definitely not a rope drop person..... it would ruin his day to have to get up that early and not worth it in the big scheme of life, so I guess we shall see if something opens up!

Last edited:
Over the summer we managed to ride FOP three times,only once with FP. Arrive early! We were to the bus stop at 7am both times for a 8am EMH opening. Both days we did that we basically just walked the queue and waited less than 20 minutes. Our family's favorite ride, all six of us.

Unfortunately, this was our experience. On the other hand, I happened to log on yesterday, 35 days from my trip and Nav'ai River is still available for all days at a variety of times.

At 4 am PST/7 am EST we first got it late afternoon 60+6 so day 66. First it was late afternoon, then I refreshed mid-day on FP day and got early afternoon for day 66. Just keep refreshing a few times on FP day to see if it pops in.

Keep checking. It wasn't available 60 days out for me either, but became available about two weeks ago. I also managed to get BOG dinner and breakfast on my birthday, and lunch at BOG the last day of my trip. Maybe I've just been really lucky, but I would keep checking the app several times daily if possible.

I booked FP Sept 5th for our Nov. trip.

Our first available FOP FP (for 2 people) was for Day 65.

I did manage to get quite a few over the two week period though. Both mornings and evenings.

I do keep checking for an earlier date but so far no luck.

I'm reading here and guessing I was just very lucky today :confused3
My booking window opened today, I logged in at exactly 7am and was able to get FOP on my 6th (afternoon), 8th (morning) and 13th (morning) days. These were exactly the days I had AK planned, so I don't know if there was any availability before that.

I was never able to get FP for FOP, but did ride it by arriving at 7:45 for rope drop (off the ride by 9:05). Loved it so much we waited in standy by 2 hours +!
I really think it is a do not miss ride.

Somehow for our upcoming trip I was able to score FOP twice. One we were stuck with the only time available, and the other when I checked (well after 7 a.m.) I had a choice of different times. This was at 60 days mind you. However, I had difficulty getting 7DMT for our third MK day (go figure!).

FOP is a hot commodity so your chances of finding an FP are slim to none, but my suggestion is to keep checking as often as you can, even up to the day before. I have been able to score FPs that were gone at 60 days that way because some people cancel all the time. Its not a sure bet, but its worth a shot.

Guess it's just the luck of the draw. We were able to obtain them for multiple days during our two week trip. We also scored a FOP fastpass by refreshing the app over and over one evening.

Day #68 - FOP FPs for four starting at 9:00am
Day #67 - FOP FPs for four starting at 9:00am
Day #66 - FOP FPs for four starting at 4:30pm
nothing earlier than that

This was me too - I was online and hit refresh on the page right at 7.... no luck. It isn't the end of the world as I visit often but still a bit disappointing. My husband is definitely not a rope drop person..... it would ruin his day to have to get up that early and not worth it in the big scheme of life, so I guess we shall see if something opens up!

You could always do the rope drop thing without him and just save him a place on line and have him meet you over there after the park opens.

So sorry you had a hard time! I experienced the same thing, staying on site at AKL , my FP day opened up on Tuesday....we only have a 5 day trip, and only could try for AK on Monday Nov 13. 5 people. I logged on exactly at 5 am my time (7am WDW) and nothing! Sad to say, I am very glad i bought the VIP AK ultimate tour and am guaranteed 5 FP to the popular things : FOP, Navi River ride, EE, Dinosaur, Safari, Rivers of Lights with the tour! that was my saving grace, albeit expensive! I think the only people getting FP are the ones who have longer trips and have 7,8, 9 and 10 days to look for FP!!
It was worth the money for the tour so I can experience these things without the long waits and because our trip is so short, worth not stressing about losing out on a FP for FOP!

An alternate strategy is to wait until later in the evening when the line gets short. We find this option to be a more efficient use of our time than trying to fight through the masses in the morning or waiting outside of a locked gate for an extended period of time.

Here's an example from FoP last week:

At 9:30 am, the posted wait was 210 minutes with an actual wait of 240.

At 9:30 pm, the posted wait was 60 minutes with an actual wait of 30.

I was looking for Wednesday 11/15.

Sorry you didn't get it. I am there that same week. This morning was my 60 day mark and I logged in as soon as I could. I was unable to get it for Wednesday or Thursday.

I did nab 2 tickets for Friday the 17th. We are flying out that day but in the evening. We were PLANNING on MK that day, but we had to resign to park hopping if we are going to see it.

Keep looking!

Good luck!

I was also hoping for Wednesday 11/15. When i checked the Touring Plans FastPass Availability tool at around 4am EST it showed they had already all been disbursed. I was actually fairly surprised I checked anyways being hopeful, but obviously they were all gone. Was able to get one for Saturday which was the second plan anyways. Ruins what I had planned for MK but I cannot go without riding FOP before I leave. We may just wait in standby on Wednesday depending on how long the wait is and I am still going to continue checking constantly between now and then.

Keep checking. I didn't get any at my 60 day mark either, but was able to snag 2 FastPasses a couple of days later for 2 people (so 2 of our group of 5 would have them) and then the other 3 a week or so after that when the park hours were extended and I guess more were released. Not the greatest times (4-5p for the first 2 and 6:30-7:30 for the other 3). It's worth it to keep checking.

When I booked my FP on 9/2 for my trip, I tried for the 2nd day of our trip when we were planning on doing AK, and nothing. We have some on day 6 of our trip which we planned on doing a half AK day before MK that night for BOG and HEA in order to ensure we got on FOP with a FP and didn't have to even worry about Standby. I am hoping we can get on it via a short standby line on our full AK day so we can move our plans around and do our half AK day a different day like we planned.

It just makes me wonder just how many Fast passes (per day) they hand out for this ride. Is there any details anywhere how many Fast Passes per day they allow (depending on the ride)?

Just seems crazy that they all get taken by just people having LONG WDW resort stays.
1) Not many guests have stays of 7 days or longer (you'd think due to cost).
2) Of those guests that have long WDW vacations, how many stay in a Disney Resort?
3) Of those guests that do have long stays in Disney resort how many are booking FoP on the last days of their trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter