No availability for discount room only or package?

jenny-d

Mouseketeer
I'm not having any luck finding availability for any of the deluxe resorts for either the P/S/D package or room only. Is this typically a one and done deal or will more rooms be released as time passes? Dates are March 21-March 28. I know it's spring break but I've never had an issue booking on the 1st day the discounts came out before.

I'm not having any luck finding availability for any of the deluxe resorts for either the P/S/D package or room only. Is this typically a one and done deal or will more rooms be released as time passes? Dates are March 21-March 28. I know it's spring break but I've never had an issue booking on the 1st day the discounts came out before.
I do this thread each year: https://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-play-dine-2018-calculation-thread.3638155/#post-58280390 calculating the discounts.

The availability is SO SCARCE that I'm struggling to find enough scenarios to do my calculations. I have never seen so little availability on a deal like this. HOWEVER I will say that I've seen rooms open up later after the release. I almost wonder if Disney puts all these restrictions initially to try to fill rooms that cost more and then releases more later for the real bargain hunters...It's a little bit of a conspiracy theory, but it may have legs!

Last year, I got an AP rate at The Contemporary for a room with a theme park view staying the week before Christmas. The rate came up a little over a week before our arrival (Dec 8th-ish). I had the same room booked at rack rate, so the 20% off was a great Christmas present. I had looked for months before that - nothing. So - things do open up.

As always, there's way more availability at off times - weekdays that aren't during a holiday, i.e. when no one can go. Weekends are booking up fast. If your trip dates include just one weekend, you might try splitting that out as a separate booking and seeing if you can get the weekdays at a discount. If you book the same room type, they should be able to link the two bookings so you stay in the same room. But you may have to "check out" and "check in" on the changeover day.

We're having the same problem, little to no availability for only 3 midweek nights in April (no holiday issues). POR is only offering 10% if anything for Feb-April, that's crazy. I thought they would offer at least 15% off. Sure Caribbean is offering 20% off but they are tearing the place a part. Thanks Disney! :crazy2:

Luckily we were able to grab a discount for CSR for our dates (3/13-18), but I was hoping to stretch our budget more with an upgrade to a deluxe (or rather, it would be me granting pixie dust to my travel companions) and there was NOTHING open except for club level (and sometimes not even a standard view at that). While I love my travel companions, I don't love them that much. Or rather, my wallet doesn't.

Last year I booked PSD at POR on Oct 6 and I think the release date was Sept 30. I was able to book for Jan 1-6. Maybe things will open up. I managed to get CSR Mar 9-15 (which is our spring break) this morning on PSD.

Last year I booked PSD at POR on Oct 6 and I think the release date was Sept 30. I was able to book for Jan 1-6. Maybe things will open up. I managed to get CSR Mar 9-15 (which is our spring break) this morning on PSD.

I am hoping things open up because like I said above, I would be willing to pay more for a deluxe, but my bank account just can't swing for the club level right now.

There's not much with or without a discount for the dates/resorts I was looking at.
I had made a thread a while ago that was about the lack of availability and how shocking it is to me.
I think they just aren't releasing all the vacancy they have and its irritating.
I'm going to try again in a few days after people have let their 72 hour hold expire without booking.

I'm getting a great deal 40% off regular price on plane tickets but the dates are not flexible. Room Availability for those dates was not great this morning, I've booked CSR room only discount. SPD room availability was atrocious everything came out about a grand more after adding tickets to my room only on a 7 day trip.

I was happy to find discounts for both of our trips. Flights were already booked, so we didn't have much room for flexibility. For my weekend birthday trip in January, they had a nice discount at GF, but I just couldn't pass up the Yacht Club garden view for $285 per night! Our spring break trip I was able to get two rooms at Pop on the Gift offer. Of course, it is also available on the Visa offer for and extra 0% off :confused3, but it is still a decent discount on what will hopefully be a recently renovated room. We can't wait! Don't give up. There are some deals available!

I just looked for my dates January 5-9 and came up with nothing! That is the marathon weekend, so I expect it to be busy, but no resort I looked at had anything available! I'm already booked with a room only reservation, but thought I'd at least price out the package rate. Oh well. I didn't really think I wanted to mess with the dining plan this time anyway.

The availability on this one has been rough. I was looking for two rooms at a moderate, any moderate, but the only available room types are so many classes up from the standard view that the "discounted" package costs more than the rack rate I've been pricing. Only pirate rooms at CBR, royal at POR, and suites at CSR. I booked a cabin for now at a pretty significant savings (~$850) but I'm still checking back to see if anything else opens up.

Trip for my youngest's college graduation during her spring break in early March. The oldest can't do buses--severe motion sickness and would arrive at the park sick every day. I was looking at the Poly (first choice). Found one SPD offer for a Pool/Marina view. Will actually come out ahead on a room only at GF using the Visa discount. Again, though, only theme park view. Like many of you, I'll just keep checking to see if some of the standard views will open up with the discount.

Yeah they must be holding back rooms. All that was available for POR in the middle of April MID WEEK was a King room. But when I checked 1 or 2 dates out of my 3, those 1 or 2 showed LOTS of available room types but no King. Not sure whats happening on a WEDNESDAY in the middle of April, but that's pretty stupid. :headache:

Oh, and my SIL is going end of January at Pop. That used to be the lowest/slowest time at Disney and it looks like she's only saving like $5 a night. Thanks again Disney.

Yeah they must be holding back rooms. All that was available for POR in the middle of April MID WEEK was a King room. But when I checked 1 or 2 dates out of my 3, those 1 or 2 showed LOTS of available room types but no King. Not sure whats happening on a WEDNESDAY in the middle of April, but that's pretty stupid. :headache:

Oh, and my SIL is going end of January at Pop. That used to be the lowest/slowest time at Disney and it looks like she's only saving like $5 a night. Thanks again Disney.

I'm almost in the same boat as you, though I'm in March. I recognize that it's the spring break season, or just the beginning of it (I'm more used to going in January), but the availability was awful unless I took our five night stay and started doing multiple split stays, which is just too much of a hassle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter