Nicola & Chris' PJ Home Wedding 1st May 2010 & Disneymoon **1 WEEK TO GO!**

Congratulations on your anniversary... im sooo jealous you will be in my favourite place in just over a months time.... i came back from florida in oct 08 and i have major withdrawal symptons :rotfl:

Thank you, i love all things blue and sparkly so i cant wait as i know they will make such an impact in the evening!

Im sure you will have a fabulous anniversary, there's no way it will be average in disney :thumbsup2

I'm definitely a blue and sparkly fan myself! Yay for glitter! :laughing:

Just wanted to drop in and say hi and congrats! Everything looks great so far. I like the flower girl dress, it's very cute. But I agree, put the bow in the back!

Congrats again, can't wait to read more!

Hi Princess22 thanks so much!

Oh i totally know what you mean... no idea why a bow should/would be at the front but it was the only pic i could find that was similar to what i wanted lol

Thanks, I know!! It was my husband's idea as it was his work that made us cancel..he felt a bit guilty. I've only been planning it for 18 months, lol.

And yay to fellow fans of glitter!!! I'm so pleased others on here love the stuff!

I'm definitely a blue and sparkly fan myself! Yay for glitter! :laughing:

double yeah for glitter and all things twinkly :cool1:

i probably sound like a total barbie lol but im just drawn to the glittery stuff... i become all intranced like a child :rotfl:

Not at all! I plaster myself in it when we go to Disney.. it just seems 'right' to wear the stuff, hehe.

So what are the final things you have to sort?

Not at all! I plaster myself in it when we go to Disney.. it just seems 'right' to wear the stuff, hehe.

So what are the final things you have to sort?

Oh i have loads to do... still think it's too early to do most of it.

I will start properly in May which is not far off now really... the main thing for me to do in May is go dress shopping! :cool1: i am looking forward to it now as i feel like i should be rewarded for being a patient little bunny :rotfl:

Obviously will also have to find BM's dresses and lock down a colour scheme, have still got to get a cake, invites, flights for honeymoon, grooms wear, rings, 1st night hotel, going away outfit etc etc etc.... way too many things to do that i can list but i think a year will be enough time to do all of it and i dont want to get ahead of myself and then have nothing to do (i'll probably regret that at some stage but you live and learn lol)

Oooo you've got all the nice stuff to do! I loved dress shopping, was so nervous when I had my first trying on session, actually felt physically sick and was shaking when putting the dresses on but you'll have a great time!!

One thing I recommend, spreadsheets - worked wonders when it came to keeping tabs on costs, dates things were purchased, lists of things to still do etc!

Just shout if you need any ideas!

Oooo you've got all the nice stuff to do! I loved dress shopping, was so nervous when I had my first trying on session, actually felt physically sick and was shaking when putting the dresses on but you'll have a great time!!

One thing I recommend, spreadsheets - worked wonders when it came to keeping tabs on costs, dates things were purchased, lists of things to still do etc!

Just shout if you need any ideas!

Thanks that's so kind of you :goodvibes

Ive already created some spreadsheets for budgets, money spent and on what and also one for how much and when payments need to be made... try not to look at them too often though as they stress me out :rotfl:

Will keep you updated on the exciting planning stuff when it happens.

Please make sure you tell me all about your anniversary trip... i want to see lots of pics too!

Mrs Venn just out of interest, as you dont live a million miles away from me, where did you get married last year?

Just wondered if it was a venue i may have visited or not :goodvibes

double yeah for glitter and all things twinkly :cool1:

i probably sound like a total barbie lol but im just drawn to the glittery stuff... i become all intranced like a child :rotfl:

Me too! I can't stay away... I think that's why pixie dust always sounded so enchanting... I always see little sparkles in my head like the ones in Peter Pan... Glitter makes everything better!

I have some charts and stuff for seating arrangements too, if you need anything like that, just give a yell! :)

Me too! I can't stay away... I think that's why pixie dust always sounded so enchanting... I always see little sparkles in my head like the ones in Peter Pan... Glitter makes everything better!

I have some charts and stuff for seating arrangements too, if you need anything like that, just give a yell! :)

Aah thank you, that's so kind :goodvibes

Mrs Venn just out of interest, as you dont live a million miles away from me, where did you get married last year?

Just wondered if it was a venue i may have visited or not :goodvibes

I got married at Sopwell House in St Albans but we also looked at Brocket Hall and Bush Hall, both were very nice, but Sopwell just had something over them ;)

I'm not familiar with those venues but i bet it was stunning... st albans is a beautiful area :goodvibes

Yeah we love St Albans (it's our main town), we literally live down the road so it was quite convenient really :goodvibes

Your venue looks gorgeous though! There's something about country properties that have always done it for me - what hubby didn't know is that I'd always loved Sopwell, heehee! ;)

Yeah we love St Albans (it's our main town), we literally live down the road so it was quite convenient really :goodvibes

Your venue looks gorgeous though! There's something about country properties that have always done it for me - what hubby didn't know is that I'd always loved Sopwell, heehee! ;)

hee hee it makes everything that much sweeter when you get your dream venue :goodvibes

I know! Even my mum said "how did you persuade him?" I took him to lunch there in their conservatory and it conveniently coincided with a wedding planner meeting... he just caved at that point, lol.

The thing is we didn't go overboard with flowers (DH has quite bad hayfever..) and didn't bother with chair covers but the whole 'thing' was done so nicely it didn't make any difference. At first I was worried the reception room would look a bit plain but because the venue was so nice, no one cared which made me happier. They were more interested in the pots of choccies and free alcohol :rotfl:on the tables.

I had a very informal wedding so by having a beautiful venue to host it in (had 50 guests only) made it even more memorable. It was, as they say, exactly how I wanted it to be.

Ok so i know i shouldnt be excited about this but ive just got my 1st invoice from my wedding venue!

I know that means i have to part with some cash but it also means that slowly but surely my wedding is getting closer and i can feel that little bit more excited :cool1: :banana:

Wahoo!!! :yay:

I know! Even my mum said "how did you persuade him?" I took him to lunch there in their conservatory and it conveniently coincided with a wedding planner meeting... he just caved at that point, lol.

The thing is we didn't go overboard with flowers (DH has quite bad hayfever..) and didn't bother with chair covers but the whole 'thing' was done so nicely it didn't make any difference. At first I was worried the reception room would look a bit plain but because the venue was so nice, no one cared which made me happier. They were more interested in the pots of choccies and free alcohol :rotfl:on the tables.

I had a very informal wedding so by having a beautiful venue to host it in (had 50 guests only) made it even more memorable. It was, as they say, exactly how I wanted it to be.

Aah that's lovely! I know what you mean about the flowers.. me and DF both suffer with hayfever but we are just gonna take some antihistimines and get through it :rotfl:

I really want chair covers but at this moment in time theyre a non-essential item and therefore have to stay near the bottom of my list... however my venue does have beautiful looking chairs so if i cant afford them it wont be too bad.

We are having quite a large wedding but i just know that the venue will provide the very best service... it's nice to feel confident that they can handle whatever the day may throw without alerting us to any problems (as if anything should go wrong i most definitely do not want to know about it) at least not until i get back from my honeymoon anyway :rotfl:

does anyone know how to update the title of my PJ as and when i have announcements?

Ive tried clicking on it but it doesnt work.

Thanks IA :goodvibes

Ahh don't worry, everything will be fine! Nothing can possibly go wrong ;) and even if it does, it'll be minor. As long as you get to say your vows, that's the most important bit!! :thumbsup2

(completely unrelated, I'm putting together my first pre-trip report right now so you can have a read if you like)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter