Nicola & Chris' PJ Home Wedding 1st May 2010 & Disneymoon **1 WEEK TO GO!**

Ahh don't worry, everything will be fine! Nothing can possibly go wrong ;) and even if it does, it'll be minor. As long as you get to say your vows, that's the most important bit!! :thumbsup2

(completely unrelated, I'm putting together my first pre-trip report right now so you can have a read if you like)

You are right about that and i will be taking them very seriously.

Ooh exciting, thanks i will definitely check that out :thumbsup2

Hi everyone,

My poor PJ doesnt see much action does it, but i will carry on :rotfl:

As i have said previously my DF and I wanted to have a subtle Disney theme running through the wedding so we decided that we would name our tables after Disney Parks (however as Disney dont have 9 parks i have had to merge this with Universal) but anyway... I came up with the idea of purchasing the novelty license plates which can then be placed in the table number holders/stands which i think will look really cool.

I found loads on ebay... well i have ordered 8 just need 1 more park to complete... if anyone knows anyone who wants to sell a Blizzard Beach license plate on Ebay please let me know! I started making my first purchases last week and when i came home from work today my first one had arrived! :cool1::yay:

It looks like this:

Photo0083.jpg

1 week from Florida to England i thought was really good! I cant wait for the rest to arrive!

Yeah you're back! :goodvibes

So how was the anniversary trip.... will you be doing a TR?

Thanks, im really happy with the plates that ive been receiving... ive got all 9 on order now so just waiting for them to be shipped.

I had never used ebay before this but im very impressed!

Well i have been busy over the last week with various things but ive received some more table names and as ive started posting them i may aswell complete this, so these are the new arrivals:

Photo0130.jpg

Photo0133.jpg

Photo0134.jpg

Photo0137.jpg

Just waiting for the last one to arrive, im quite excited about this idea, i think it will look really good on the day :cool1:

1 YEAR TODAY! :cool1::banana:

This time next year i will be a married lady... just hope the weather is as nice next year as it's been a beautiful day today!

Hi everyone,

Havent been on here for a while as ive been getting caught up with all things weddings lol

I have a few updates:

1. Me and DF went to our local registry office last week to give notice... it was a bit nerve-racking really but i think they make it that way. We were spoken to separately about the wedding etc, i assume for them to make sure that neither party was being forced into it... although the fact that you have to pay them £60 for this pleasure in my opinion is indication enough that we're not playing around lol... anyway the lady asked me if we had booked our honeymoon yet and i explained that we are definately going to Florida as it's our favourite place but we cant book it until next month when the flights are released.
After we had done all the paperwork and paid our money, we left to go home and my DF said to me "why did you say we might not be going to Florida"...? I obviously said i didnt say that at all and told him my conversation... he said the lady told him that i mentioned Florida but that i hadnt made my mind up yet!! :confused3 Luckily he said it was our favourite place too... so i think she was trying to catch us out to see if we gave the same response etc but how sneaky. Anyway that is done now so our notice of marriage will be displayed for 2 weeks for any objections to be lodged (of which there should be none :rotfl:) and after that we have to collect our certificate.

2. Since we have given notice we have now had our ceremony time confirmed as 2pm yeah! We got the time we wanted! :cool1:

3. I have been dress shopping and that could be a long post so i'll start a fresh with that one...

Ok so dress shopping problems....... Please help, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

So i started dress shopping 2 weekends ago... i have now been to 6 different bridal shops and i just have no clue what i want... no definate feeling towards anything... is that normal? I feel like a total boy :rotfl:

I have tried on, mermaid/fishtail gowns, fairytale gowns, pick up skirt gowns, silk gowns, taffeta gowns, tulle gowns, lace gowns and i just cannot decide.

I will give you some background... im 5ft 2 (so short lol) i am overweight still but successfully losing weight (have just over 1 stone/ 14lbs to lose)... i feel my arms are biggish so wanted to flatter them and i am heavy busted so didnt really want a strapless gown as i personally wouldnt feel comfortable with having my whole shoulder/chest area on display, so wanted some straps or something to divert the eye.

After 2 years of being engaged and trawling the net for dress styles i thought i would prefer silk and i really like the look of the pick up skirt dresses.

Now i have tried on over 20 dresses and i just dont know what i will look fabulous in and i really want to look fabulous on the day... i want to feel that the style of dress suits my frame and body... i dont want people thinking why on earth did she choose that.

When i tried on a pick up skirt i really liked it but that was 2 weeks ago now and now im not sure what i liked about it... one lady at another shop said pick up skirts are dated, very 80's and that it wont age well in my photos so now i dont know if i should go for it or not, i want people's help and input but i dont want to be swayed either if you know what i mean? :confused3

I also tried on a bubble hem dress last saturday and, that was more fitted, had a torso that went to your hips and then out from there but i dont know whether as im still overweight whether it would be best to have a dress that starts spraying out from the hips or whether it would be better for it to puff out from the waist.

I will attach the 2 dresses that i tried on that i liked so you know what im talking about... i do have pics with me in some of the dresses but dont know if anyone would be interested in looking at them.

The dresses i refer to are:

This is the pick up skirt dress

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress....eywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=12&style=A3185

This is the bubble hem dress

http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?line=s&style=ASM3249SA

I tried this tulle dress on too which didnt look as bad as i thought it would on my short frame

http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?line=s&page=2&style=SSM5194SW

Also just wanted to say that about 90% of the dresses i tried on were strapless and they didnt look that bad on me but i think i would like to have some cap sleeves or something added to them... then again if i manage to lose the extra weight and tone my arms up i may not feel that way and then would have spent more money for nothing.

Sorry this post is soooo long but as you can tell my head is swimming, any dress is a big purchase and i dont want to get it wrong so any advice from anyone who knows how i feel would be appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, Nicola :goodvibes

Ok well it's been a month since my last post and ive had no replies, starting to feel my PJ must be very boring to everyone :goodvibes

I still havent ordered a dress yet... tried on about 40, found one last weekend that i liked but it was a little out of my price range.

If anyone wants to post any advice still it would be appreciated.

Hey Honey!!

I just had a look through your dress options, and I LOVE the first one, with the pick up skirt? I think it looks so glamorous and gorgeous! I think if you love it right now, it doesn't matter if it will date! It's a gorgeous dress! I would love to see the pics of you in both dresses if you still have them knocking about somewhere??

Bob xoxoxxox

Ok I LOVE the first dress! I think it's absolutely stunning (I may be biased, it's one of my saved favorites to keep in mind when I start dress shopping!)

If you're at all self conscious about your hips I think this dress will hide that area well. I think the overall shape and flow of the dress will be very forgiving from the waist-down. And I'd skip the sleeves personally... the dress is stunning as is, and if you do a little work on your arms I think you'll see a difference fast and be glad you left the dress as is.

That being said... post the pics of you trying them on!! I want to see! That's a Planning Journal staple. :goodvibes

Yeah im so excited... after years of waiting, today we were finally able to book our DISNEYMOON! :cool1::cheer2::banana::yay:

So as it is no longer a wish but a reality we will be staying for 3 weeks at Saratoga Springs and Spa and we decided to splurge on upgrading our flights to premium economy.

I CANT WAIT NOW!!! :goodvibes

Hey Honey!!

I just had a look through your dress options, and I LOVE the first one, with the pick up skirt? I think it looks so glamorous and gorgeous! I think if you love it right now, it doesn't matter if it will date! It's a gorgeous dress! I would love to see the pics of you in both dresses if you still have them knocking about somewhere??

Bob xoxoxxox

Ok I LOVE the first dress! I think it's absolutely stunning (I may be biased, it's one of my saved favorites to keep in mind when I start dress shopping!)

If you're at all self conscious about your hips I think this dress will hide that area well. I think the overall shape and flow of the dress will be very forgiving from the waist-down. And I'd skip the sleeves personally... the dress is stunning as is, and if you do a little work on your arms I think you'll see a difference fast and be glad you left the dress as is.

That being said... post the pics of you trying them on!! I want to see! That's a Planning Journal staple. :goodvibes

Thank you :goodvibes

I am still trying to decide which dress to go for and so i showed my MIL 2B and SIL 2B some of the dresses i feel are in the shortlist today online and they both said they love the pick up dress too.

I really thought everyone would think it would be too OTT but everyone seems to really like this dress and i do think it's beautiful and that i would feel like a princess on the day.

Think i will call the shop to arrange another fitting... fingers crossed they still have it in the shop.

Hi I just found your planning journal, I always like to read about fellow UK brides! I love your dress choices are these still your shortlist? I think that I like number 2 the best

Emma

Congrats on booking your disneymoon :thumbsup2

i thought id hop on over and say hi!

also i love looking at what other people are picking for dresses..because im just as clueless :lmao:

but i love love love #1!
i think its so elegant!
im also a fan of #2

maggie sottero is a fav. designer of mine though, every time i put on one of those dresses i just feel like it fits (even when its 2 sizes too small!)

and isnt it funny you think you cant wear the strapless yet it manages to look okay....
my sis-in-law was not going to do strapless...her dress ended up being strapless...at the last minute she put on the cap sleeves because she was afraid that out of foce of habit she would be pulling the dress up....so im sure even if the dress you choose comes strapless you can have something classy added

Hi I just found your planning journal, I always like to read about fellow UK brides! I love your dress choices are these still your shortlist? I think that I like number 2 the best

Emma

Congrats on booking your disneymoon :thumbsup2

i thought id hop on over and say hi!

also i love looking at what other people are picking for dresses..because im just as clueless :lmao:

but i love love love #1!
i think its so elegant!
im also a fan of #2

maggie sottero is a fav. designer of mine though, every time i put on one of those dresses i just feel like it fits (even when its 2 sizes too small!)

and isnt it funny you think you cant wear the strapless yet it manages to look okay....
my sis-in-law was not going to do strapless...her dress ended up being strapless...at the last minute she put on the cap sleeves because she was afraid that out of foce of habit she would be pulling the dress up....so im sure even if the dress you choose comes strapless you can have something classy added

Thank you both for reading... i havent been around for a while but have some more updates now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter