Caught up!
Verdict: I LOVED Mission: SPACE! I thought it was so much fun and so exciting, and the interactive element got me so excited to experience Smuggler's Run! I didn't think Green was intense at all, so I'll have to try Orange when I get down there this Spring!
Oooh, girl! If you liked Green, you are going to LOVE Smuggler's Run!
Once I walked by Germany, I smelled the popcorn coming from Karamell-Kuche and new I had to head in there and see what the case looked like today. You know, for science.

48765813208_045d217812_b.jpg

Quite honestly my favorite bakery case in all of Disney.
Mmmmm! Hopefully I can try more treats in January!
the Japanese Teddy Bear Whose Name Eludes Me, Dressed Up Like A Kitten:

48765810808_943b226875_b.jpg
Does he have a proper name? Everything I've seen refers to the line of dolls as UniBEARsity.
That in the bowl is my favorite item from any Disney buffet ever, the signature 1900 Park Fare Strawberry soup. It was incredible. It's a creamy puree of strawberries with cream and it is served cold and... I can't describe it. You'll just have to take my word for it. We also have a pecan sticky bun and bread pudding with vanilla sauce. Everything on this plate was outstanding, and I got a third plate that looked exactly like this one. So, so good.
Looks good! I want to try this one sooner rather than later!

We had a 10:50 breakfast ADR at 1900PF, so we all got dressed and decided to head out around 10:40.
Isn't it nice to have to go somewhere at Disney World and not allocate an hour?
So then a few minutes later, the CMs really start cheering and I notice a huge group walk through them in business-casual clothing, lead by two other CMs, and that's when I realized what was actually going on: a group of DCP kids are getting their "Grand Welcome" for their area orientation! Whether they were Merch, Seater, Lifeguard, or QSFB, they were about to call the Grand Floridian home for the next few months and I got a little lump in my throat thinking about how excited I was to go through orientation for Magic Kingdom.
Oh cool! I'm glad you got to experience the DCP groups getting started and begin to get the itch to return yourself!
That in the bowl is my favorite item from any Disney buffet ever, the signature 1900 Park Fare Strawberry soup. It was incredible. It's a creamy puree of strawberries with cream and it is served cold and... I can't describe it. You'll just have to take my word for it. We also have a pecan sticky bun and bread pudding with vanilla sauce. Everything on this plate was outstanding, and I got a third plate that looked exactly like this one. So, so good.
The strawberry soup is pretty good.
All in all: if you are in-between the three character breakfasts on the monorail line, I'm gonna go ahead and suggest you book 1900 Park Fare. I think the character interaction is always more fun with characters like Mad and Alice, and I think the food options here are better than what you'll find at Chef Mickey's and 'Ohana. The build-your-own omelette station and the strawberry soup are definitely two great options you'll find here that you won't get at CM or 'Ohana!
I've never been to 1900 PF for breakfast, but I've had dinner there. I had no complaints about the food, that's for sure!

Is it supposed to be splattered chocolate?!

I don't think so, because it's on the mirrors inside the elevators, too!

I’m not crazy about character meals either but I need to give this one a try. I like the Bon Voyage breakfast (except Flynn Rider was missing last time we went) but all others have been a one and done for me.

I would have been so upset if Flynn was missing from BV Breakfast! I recommend 1900PF breakfast a lot, especially if you liked BV.

Yeah that's weird. I feel like Disney owes us a plaque with an explanation lol.

I agree!

Oo I never knew I needed this but I'm so glad you did it! Fantastic.

Thank you, thank you!

The Penguin bio's got me - especially Hector's 😂. Adding another restaurant to our list for the next trip - hoping that the tea spilling Hatter is at our breakfast as well!

I'm glad you enjoyed!

Love the penguin back stories! Seriously you SHOULD send that in to the Disney powers that be ::yes::

Thank you very much-- I think Disney Imagineering should really consider giving me a call next time their Story Development team has an opening!

We haven't done 1900 PF breakfast in probably 10 years but back then, the Mad Hatter was hilarious. We did do dinner there last year and were less than thrilled with the food, but breakfast foods are my fave so maybe I can talk part of my family into this 🤔

I wouldn't bring my family back to 1900 Park Fare for dinner. The character interaction was fun, but like you said, the food wasn't great. I really think that this is the best character breakfast in the Parks, though!

Oooh, girl! If you liked Green, you are going to LOVE Smuggler's Run!

Stop! I am SO excited!!!! :hyper:

Does he have a proper name? Everything I've seen refers to the line of dolls as UniBEARsity.

I'm pretty sure he's Rikkamaru!

Isn't it nice to have to go somewhere at Disney World and not allocate an hour?

You said it!!!

Oh cool! I'm glad you got to experience the DCP groups getting started and begin to get the itch to return yourself!

It was such a weird experience it watching it from "the other side," it definitely made me want to return to the Program!

What's This?

When we got out of 1900PF, we had two pit stops to make in the main building before heading back. First, dad needed some sundries from Sandy Cove Gifts, so we went over there. I decided to use a snack credit.

Anyone interested in anything?

48829589072_9c49476a2b_b.jpg

I went for a snack that I hadn't been able to get my hands on in literal years!

48829050753_a4213c3f0a_b.jpg

These Mickey Puffy Cheese Crackers were my favorite snack on my 2014 and 2015 trips! They look like your typical goldfish crackers shaped like Mickey, but they're really good. I don't know if any of you have ever had Annie's Cheddar Bunny crackers, but these remind me a lot of the Cheddar Bunnies because of the type of cheese they use. These were MIA at Disney for a while. I kept asking CMs about them on my Program and during my '17 and '18 trips, but I was told a lot of different things. I was told that they were so popular they were flying off shelves as soon as they arrived, that they had been discontinued, that they were at a different store, etc. This was the first year I actually saw them back on shelves since 2015, so I picked up a tube!

They're pretty great. I'm fairy certain they "tuned down" the flavor of the cheese so they really are more like Goldfish now, so if you have little kids, they're going to love these!

After we picked up a few things at Sandy Cove, we went upstairs to M. Mouse Mercantile so I could pick up the one souvenir I desperately wanted this week...

48829050883_d35452e5e2_b.jpg

MICKEY MOUSE PUMPKIN LOUNGEFLY BAG!

Okay, so these made their debut in the park the week before I came down, alongside the candy corn spirit jersey, and my jaw dropped. I knew that they would be extremely popular this week, and it would go perfectly with my outfit for MNSSHP that night! I really wanted to buy it, but I was worried I would only get one or two uses out of it. WRONG. This was one of the best investments I've ever made! I wore it as my normal park bag for the remainder of the week and have worn it around NYC a few times since I came home! It's my first Disney Loungefly bag, and I'm really impressed with the quality of it.

We had some downtime afterwards. I went to the pool for an hour with the rest of the family before getting out and getting ready for MNSSHP.

The tank top is from TheBlondeRuby, the tutu is from Amazon, and the ears were from Disney back in 2016! I didn't do a full "costume" this year because I didn't want to put in the effort to coordinate a costume that would get hot and icky when I knew I would love doing something cute and festive like this just as much.

I head out for MK around 2:30, ready to rock and roll for the party!

DVC Members were able to get into MNSSHP as early as 2 PM this year, so I headed to the ticket tapstile to the far right of the park entrance. There, I had to show a CM my Blue ID and driver's license before walking up to the tapstile and scanning in. As soon as I got my wristband, I headed to Town Square Theatre, where I got in line to meet Jack & Sally.

Jack & Sally start meeting at 4:30 because they're so popular. If you want to meet Jack & Sally this year, I highly recommend getting in line as soon as you can get into the park. You'll have to wait about 2 hours no matter what, but if you get in line before the party begins, that means you shave 2 hours of waiting during the actual party itself, so you'll have more time to trick-or-treat and take advantage of other Halloween party offerings! I got in line at 3 PM and there were ~25 people in front of me.

I killed time by playing on my phone and checking the DIS, and by 4:35, the line had started moving.

I got into the room itself at 4:45, and it was decorated very nicely for the Pumpkin King and his Queen!

48886191002_56759d053a_b.jpg

48885474738_7105b29152_b.jpg

We had a great interaction. We gushed about my outfit, and how I wanted to pay tribute to the Pumpkin King! Sally and I promised to get together afterwards so that we could sew a new outfit for the party, and then we talked about how absolutely dreadful the party was going to be tonight!

These two are really great for pictures, and they'll talk the ear off of you, but keep in mind while you're waiting in line that this is going to be a relatively short interaction. The character attendant in the room was VERY tense and checking his watch approximately every thirty seconds, so these two are under a lot of pressure to greet as many friends as possible in a very short amount of time!

I got out of the M&G at 4:55, so the entire experience from start to finish was just 5 minutes shy of 2 hours.

When I came out of the M&G, I went to the bathroom, then got a text from my dad saying that the rest of the family had arrived and wanted to watch the flag retreat ceremony about to take place.

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:

Your costume is so cute! I love that pumpkin bag, I wanted to buy it on my last trip so badly!

Love the pics with Jack and Sally. Super cute! And I've been drooling over that bag, too. How exciting to get one!

Your costume is so cute! I love that pumpkin bag, I wanted to buy it on my last trip so badly!

Thank you! The bag was definitely a fav purchase of the week!

Love the pics with Jack and Sally. Super cute! And I've been drooling over that bag, too. How exciting to get one!

Thank you! I was so excited to get my hands on the bag!!

I love the pumpkin back pack, so cute!!

We met Jack and Sally in 2016 and really enjoyed the meet.

I love the new setting, where do they meet now?

That was a hot and crowded night!

🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧I agree 100%! We love making up background stories too! Disney, are you reading this???

Honestly... Disney should take the bios right from my post and just etch them on a plaque in front of each penguin!
[/QUOTE]
🐧🐧🐧

It's my first Disney Loungefly bag, and I'm really impressed with the quality of it.
Love it!! I struggle with Loungefly bags, too, as far as being unsure of how much I'll use them. But this one is so cute.

We had a great interaction. We gushed about my outfit, and how I wanted to pay tribute to the Pumpkin King! Sally and I promised to get together afterwards so that we could sew a new outfit for the party, and then we talked about how absolutely dreadful the party was going to be tonight!
Love love love these photos! And you got out with plenty of time before the party even started!

Seriously I can't tell you in words how absolutely adorable your outfit was. The cutest thing. Ever.

Finally catching up! 1900PF for breakfast has been on my radar for a while, but DH isn't really into character meals. I might have to walk him into it because your meal looked fantastic!!

Your MNSSHP outfit is so cute!! Love the tutu skirt!!

I was told that they were so popular they were flying off shelves as soon as they arrived, that they had been discontinued, that they were at a different store, etc. This was the first year I actually saw them back on shelves since 2015, so I picked up a tube!
Just 1 tube???
Okay, so these made their debut in the park the week before I came down, alongside the candy corn spirit jersey, and my jaw dropped. I knew that they would be extremely popular this week, and it would go perfectly with my outfit for MNSSHP that night! I really wanted to buy it, but I was worried I would only get one or two uses out of it. WRONG. This was one of the best investments I've ever made! I wore it as my normal park bag for the remainder of the week and have worn it around NYC a few times since I came home! It's my first Disney Loungefly bag, and I'm really impressed with the quality of it.
I'm glad that it worked out well and you got more use out of it!

These two are really great for pictures, and they'll talk the ear off of you, but keep in mind while you're waiting in line that this is going to be a relatively short interaction. The character attendant in the room was VERY tense and checking his watch approximately every thirty seconds, so these two are under a lot of pressure to greet as many friends as possible in a very short amount of time!
Sounds like it was a fun meet. It's too bad that it takes a 2 hour wait followed by a somewhat rushed interaction though.

Still so jealous you met them! Love the pictures! Dan and I decided to try to wait for them at our second party and the line was quoted at 3 HOURS. That wasn't happening lol someday though!

Love your new bag and Halloween outfit!!! They go perfect together!!! And how cool that you were able to meeting them!!! My family is willing to wait in line for characters... :rolleyes2

Better late than never, but I'm following along! :wave2:

I'm seriously *loving* your TR so far! If I may ask, how do you edit your photos? They're all lovely!
My non-Disney, non-Pumpkin interests include Riverdale, writing, big t-shirts, scrunchies, Glossier, and putting way too much effort in my weekly planner spreads.

I think we could be best friends...just sayin'! :flower3:

It's always so great to come across something you've missed for years! I hope you enjoyed your crackers.

Great MNNSHP costume! It looks light, airy and fun - just perfect for a party in humidity! The pumpkin bag was the perfect addition!

That's a really long wait for a character meet, but I agree that it makes more sense to wait before the party than during the party. I'm glad you enjoyed the meet!

Oops, fell behind on my reading. Such a cute costume and love the bag!

Jack and Sally are the very favorites of my eldest grand Will, my niece loves them too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!