Sorry the night didn't end on a high note. It does sound like there were some unrealistic expectations. Even at a not so crowded party, it would probably be hard to accomplish all that. I am disappointed that Disney is over-selling tickets to these parties. Maybe if enough people complain, something may change? Glad your next day went well!

I really wish Disney would stop over-selling the holiday parties! The crowds have been so problematic over the past few years!

Hey I totally get it, I was there. Wall to wall people at a ticketed event is not cool.
It literally sucks all the fun out of the party.
We didn’t even attempt HM that night. You did get some party only attractions in so that was a definite plus.

Ah that sucks that night ended so poorly :( It sucks that the parties seems to be more and more crowded.

Glad you found your crocs though!!

I was scared, but in a fun way-- Space Mountain somehow gets more jarring when you can't see anything in front of you!
Right?? It's hard to imagine that removing the lighting would make that big of a difference but man it's downright scary!

If you could name all of them, you got a prize. I won, the prize was a lollipop!
Whoa cool, I've never heard of anything like that before. And yay for a lollipop!

It was crazy over there, as you could imagine.
Is your mom taking a lil HM nap there?

which was 40 minutes or so to get photos with the lantern outside of Haunted Mansion.
Holy photopass line batman!

Also, your mother looks terrified of the lantern. I appreciate her photos so much.

This is where the evening very much fell apart.
Oh no

The night ended on a little bit of a sour note, but I promise the rest of the trip went really well, including the next morning when we headed off to Hollywood Studios!
Dang friend I'm sorry it ended so rough! It's so hard when you have certain expectations that don't get met. Add crowds and heat to the mix and it can turn ugly. But I'm glad to hear that things turned around!

I'm sorry the Halloween party wasn't as great as you had hoped! It's hard with family sometimes to convey the realistic expectations. Glad you found the shoes you wanted!

Ugh - sorry to hear the party ended on a rough note :( ! Every time we try to do an evening event it feels like something goes wrong - last time we did MVMCP we tried to hop on Splash Mountain quickly right before the parade and ended up getting stuck on the ride for 45 minutes as we heard the parade going by :sad2:!

Can't wait to see pics of the rose gold crocs!

Ugh what a bummer of a finish at the Halloween party! I wish they wouldn't sell so many tickets, it's no fun with lines and crowds everywhere. Your meet with Donald and Daisy looked wonderful and I love your costume!

MICKEY MOUSE PUMPKIN LOUNGEFLY BAG!

Ugh I wanted this bag SO badly but I couldn't justify the cost because I had just bought two of the Harvey's halloween bags lol

I love your outfit! Everything about it is perfect and adorable!

Love the family picture 🥰

Finally, we stopped at the inflatable pumpkin... ornament... thing...

:rotfl::rotfl:

I am SO glad I tried this! It really was as delicious as everyone said it was. It tasted just like pumpkin pie filling mixed with vanilla ice cream, and the house-made marshmallow was so fresh and light!

It was really delicious!!

I can't believe it's been almost a month since I last updated this TR! :scared1:

I thank you for taking so long to update because I was crazy far behind lol

When we finished the photos, the first Boo to You Parade was just starting to come down Liberty Square. So we were essentially locked in, and we had to fight crowds, "swimming upstream" on the bridge to the far side of Liberty Square next to the lake (river? bayou?) until we reached the entrance to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

Ugh that area seems to always get so crowded especially during a parade- it's so unpleasant!!

It was really upsetting. I started crying, dad had no idea what was happening and frankly, I wasn't sure what had happened either, so that was basically the end of the evening for me.

Oh no I'm sorry to hear this. :sad1: It's hard when you're the one in charge of planning everything and your family's expectations don't match up. I'm glad to hear the next day was better!

Hey I totally get it, I was there. Wall to wall people at a ticketed event is not cool.
It literally sucks all the fun out of the party.
We didn’t even attempt HM that night. You did get some party only attractions in so that was a definite plus.

It was a pretty crazy night!

Ah that sucks that night ended so poorly :( It sucks that the parties seems to be more and more crowded.

Glad you found your crocs though!!

Thankfully the next day was a lot of fun, and like you said-- I GOT MY CROCS!!

Right?? It's hard to imagine that removing the lighting would make that big of a difference but man it's downright scary!

It's terrifying!!!

Whoa cool, I've never heard of anything like that before. And yay for a lollipop!

It was a really cute stop, I love when Merchandise locations do stuff like that.

Is your mom taking a lil HM nap there?

Probably!

Holy photopass line batman!

Also, your mother looks terrified of the lantern. I appreciate her photos so much.

It was a bit ridonkulous! But everyone had a fun time!

Unfortunately, oh yes

Dang friend I'm sorry it ended so rough! It's so hard when you have certain expectations that don't get met. Add crowds and heat to the mix and it can turn ugly. But I'm glad to hear that things turned around!

Yeah, but everything was okay in the end!

I'm sorry the Halloween party wasn't as great as you had hoped! It's hard with family sometimes to convey the realistic expectations. Glad you found the shoes you wanted!

It's okay-- we all ended up having a great rest of the trip!

Ugh - sorry to hear the party ended on a rough note :( ! Every time we try to do an evening event it feels like something goes wrong - last time we did MVMCP we tried to hop on Splash Mountain quickly right before the parade and ended up getting stuck on the ride for 45 minutes as we heard the parade going by :sad2:!

Can't wait to see pics of the rose gold crocs!

Parties always seem to be the event where things go wrong, aren't they?

I love my Crocs-- can't wait to show them!!

I am sorry to hear about what happened at MNSSHP - though I totally identified with your dad in your story. Thanks for sharing your trip report with us!

Thank you for reading along!!

Ugh what a bummer of a finish at the Halloween party! I wish they wouldn't sell so many tickets, it's no fun with lines and crowds everywhere. Your meet with Donald and Daisy looked wonderful and I love your costume!

I definitely agree to a cap on tickets! Otherwise a mostly fun night with character M&Gs!

Oh no I'm sorry to hear this. :sad1: It's hard when you're the one in charge of planning everything and your family's expectations don't match up. I'm glad to hear the next day was better!

We ended up having a great rest of the trip, so the MNSSHP debacle was quickly behind us!

Deep Space was AMAZING! The best overlay of the party! I was scared, but in a fun way-- Space Mountain somehow gets more jarring when you can't see anything in front of you! I can't recommend it enough!
I'm glad you enjoyed it! Seems there's been a lot of good talk about it!
At the end of Philharmagic, they were playing a game in the Philhar gift shop where they had a board with photos of every Disney Villain. If you could name all of them, you got a prize. I won, the prize was a lollipop!
This sounds interesting, but I'd think it would take a while just to name them all off even if you do easily know them all.
Then we waited in probably the longest line of the evening, which was 40 minutes or so to get photos with the lantern outside of Haunted Mansion.
I really like your sister's ominous looking picture! She definitely looks like she should be working in HM!
There was a lot of tension in the family for a little while here, which ends up happening every year. I had no idea what to do at that point because I knew this party was going to be crowded, but I was absolutely not prepared for it being wall-to-wall. This was worse than the one and only Christmas party I've ever been to, which I assured my family it wouldn't be like.
This seems to be a very negative trend the past couple of years.
It was really upsetting. I started crying, dad had no idea what was happening and frankly, I wasn't sure what had happened either, so that was basically the end of the evening for me.
I'm sorry... that just sucks. I know you were trying to do what you thought best, but sometimes tempers just get the best of us.
he night ended on a little bit of a sour note, but I promise the rest of the trip went really well, including the next morning when we headed off to Hollywood Studios!
Sorry for the rough ending. That's the downfall of being the planner for your group. You try to make everyone happy, but you're not a mind reader and sometimes it just all goes south. I'm glad you were able to rebound after a good nights sleep.

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Seems there's been a lot of good talk about it!

Definitely one of the best parts of the evening!

This sounds interesting, but I'd think it would take a while just to name them all off even if you do easily know them all.

Surprisingly, it didn't take long at all! I got stuck on one (shere khan), but breezed through it in like two minutes! There aren't as many "villains" as I thought there were!

I really like your sister's ominous looking picture! She definitely looks like she should be working in HM!

She was loving it!

This seems to be a very negative trend the past couple of years.

Yeah, it's unfortunately happening more and more as the years progress.

Sorry for the rough ending. That's the downfall of being the planner for your group. You try to make everyone happy, but you're not a mind reader and sometimes it just all goes south. I'm glad you were able to rebound after a good nights sleep.

I appreciate the kind words. It was rough, but we made it!

Morning Errands
8/21: Hollywood Studios

Hi all! Sorry for the delay. I'm happy to report that I am nearly finished with undergrad! I have two more exams next week before I finish my degree. It feels so crazy to say that I'm almost done!

I woke up pretty close to Magic Kingdom rope drop. I said I wouldn't be rope-dropping DHS, it would have been too much to handle after MNSSHP. I decided to get ready for the day and head to MK to see if I could exchange those rose gold crocs!

I got ready and strolled under the walkway to the main building, then hopped onto the first monorail to Magic.

Things weren't crazy at MK when I arrived, and I was easily able to tap in and head to the Emporium. Thankfully, they had my size in stock! The exchange was so painless.

Here's that picture I promised:

49210358457_b1b50acd22_b.jpg

I love these shoes SO. FREAKING. MUCH! They are my FAVORITE pair of shoes!!! They are so comfy and I get SO many compliments on them whenever I wear them! I can't recommend them enough!!

As I walked out of the park, I stopped to talk to a few friends on Main St. USA. If any of you read my last report, you might remember the special connection I shared with Bea Star on the last day of our November 2018 trip. She is such a citizen of Main St. USA and she is genuinely one of the sweetest individuals I have ever met. I stopped to say hi to her and town historian Noah Lott came and joined us! I had never met Noah Lott before, and he is a Lott of fun! He was taking a census this day, and asked Bea and I if we had ever put salt on Watermelon. I said no, but that I would try it! The Citizens are so much fun. You have to stop and say hello if you ever see them!

I made my way back to the front of the park and got back on the monorail. I made it one stop before I decided I was really hungry and wanted a donut! I got off at the Contemporary, headed downstairs to the Joffrey's stand, and got two strawberry-frosted donuts for the family and and iced latte. Then I went right back up, got back on the monorail, and went back to the Grand Floridian with no further disruptions.

Exchanging rose-gold glitter crocs on Main Street, USA and stopping for donuts and coffee at the Contemporary... can't EVERY errands run look like this? :rotfl:

When I got back to the room, the family was just getting ready to go out for breakfast for the day. We shared the donuts, which everyone else in the family concurred were as delicious as I said they would be. We walked over to Gasparilla Island Grill together to grab some good old fashion QS breakfast.

Gasparilla was pretty busy, it was 10:30-ish by the time we got there, so the brunch crowd was convening. Grace got Mickey Waffles, mom got some type of breakfast sandwich, and dad and I decided to try the breakfast quiche.

The breakfast quiche was an egg quiche with ham, some type of cheese, and spinach in a pastry shell. It was served with watermelon, which I did not think to put salt on!

49210359442_d6aea0fbc8_b.jpg

This was a pretty rough quiche. It was the same quality you'd find in a frozen food aisle, nothing more, nothing less. I won't be returning to it.

While we were sitting down, we decided to make a game plan for the rest of the day. I suggested we went to Hollywood Studios now instead of later, so that the family would have time to shower and get ready for our late dinner at Artist Point. Everyone agreed, so I started refreshing the FP+ selections at Hollywood Studios-- and a Slinky Dog Dash FP+ opened up... for a window that ended in less than an hour! :scared1:

tenor.gif

Thankfully, we were ready to head to the parks! We rushed to the bus stop and waited no less than 10 minutes for the bus to DHS. Although, I must say... the walk from the DHS bus hub to DHS gate is STILL quite a hike! :faint:

Thankfully, our wait time was alleviated with the help of my friend, the AP line, and this friendly CM who waved in the picture!

49210360207_8dc89f98a4_b.jpg

We stopped for a bathroom break, and then made our way over to Slinky Dog Dash with 5 minutes to spare.

As usual, Slinky is the BEST pup!

49210214906_665886586b_b.jpg

49210438712_3894020553_b.jpg

It had been a pretty crazy morning trying to get to SDD-- but once it was over, we were ready for more TSL fun!

(Click here to read more!)

Last edited:
I love the crocs, so cute. I wish my errands involved the MK and a monorail!
Nice catch on the SDD FP, a very fun ride indeed!

Sounds like a good morning! And an awesome score getting a same day SDD FP!

It was a fun, easy morning! That same day SDD was a shock to me, especially since Swirling Saucers was out for the rest of the day!

I love the crocs, so cute. I wish my errands involved the MK and a monorail!
Nice catch on the SDD FP, a very fun ride indeed!

It was definitely how I'd like all my errands to go, lol!

Such a fun ride, I adore Slinky!

That is a great low-key (and productive!) start to the morning!

Wow, what great luck to get a Slinky Dog FP! Hopefully this was the start of a great HS day!

I'm happy to report that I am nearly finished with undergrad! I have two more exams next week before I finish my degree.
Girl you are so dang close! You are going to CRUSH those exams and have that diploma in no time.

I love these shoes SO. FREAKING. MUCH! They are my FAVORITE pair of shoes!!! They are so comfy and I get SO many compliments on them whenever I wear them! I can't recommend them enough!!
Okay I'm still 98% sure I'll never wear Crocs again but those are so freaking cute.

He was taking a census this day, and asked Bea and I if we had ever put salt on Watermelon.
I would pay real cash money to have been there for that.

can't EVERY errands run look like this? :rotfl:
Well if you wear your rose gold Crocs you'll be partway there?

It was served with watermelon, which I did not think to put salt on!
Oh no, don't tell Noah.

How adorable you all look on SDD, what a wonderful break for you all to get on that fun ride!!:cheer2:

Love the Crocs...so cute and I bet you look adorable with them on (I'm sure you coordinate your outfits with them, you always look so cute).:love:

Congrats on the degree!! 👩‍🎓 I couldn't wait to graduate then wished I could have stayed forever after I got out, but I was just 20 when I got my BS in a double major while working full time and for SOME reason thought real life would be easier oops....but you're headed to your Disney CP soon so that will be wonderful!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter