News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have to say tho, the AP comes with PhotoPass, which is not exactly MM. PP does not include the ride videos, or the magic shots. So if you're all about those things, you'll need to purchase MM.
i have one of the new ap's with photopass, and i did have access to my ride videos. i didn't go for any magic shots, so i can't say for sure, but i'm pretty sure they're also included.

And again what especially weird of all this is will owners of THESE DVC units will have 11 month availability at the existing ones, and vice versa. If that happens, it will severely spike up resale values at that resort.

Everything that I've read says they will be completely independent from each other. So no Home Resort crossover.

The thing is - it's not just about the Cabins that will cost more for a single night than most owners have total. They'll also convert X number of rooms in the hotel as well. A pattern that started at AKV and continued at BLT (where they knocked down a building to replace it with DVC) and culminated with the Poly having only studios and the Bungalows. There's been no announcement yet about how many rooms with be converted. And again what especially weird of all this is will owners of THESE DVC units will have 11 month availability at the existing ones, and vice versa. If that happens, it will severely spike up resale values at that resort.
Oh I'm aware of the DAKL like conversion. This shouldn't affect the existing resort property at all because it's a separate resort. This isn't like the addition of inventory that came to Saratoga and Old Key West. This is a totally separate resort akin to adding villas to Yacht Club. They shouldn't get the advanced booking window because they're not apart of the same Resort.

I think the really interesting logistical problem will arrive when they try to market these two separate properties. Your home Resort will be at Wilderness Lodge but the two are separate properties. Weird.

Iger was really clever with the Lucas Films/Marvel/Pixar acquisition. Even if they have some REAL bombs in the box office, they just have to release another Avengers and make it seem as if nothing has happened. They can actually afford a couple of flops per year, unlike many other studios.

+1. Anything less than a HOME RUN is a failure, a HUGE opportunity lost. This thing should be twice the size of Frozen.

Well...the press got out of the premiere about about an hour ago and they got their phones back...

While not giving away plot details (there may be paperwork behind that)...the tweets are positive across the board when discussing the feel and the reactions. I saw "recaptured" used a couple of times.

It appears that Abrams quiet confidence was justified and that SOB Iger was right again.

Last edited:
Iger was really clever with the Lucas Films/Marvel/Pixar acquisition. Even if they have some REAL bombs in the box office, they just have to release another Avengers and make it seem as if nothing has happened. They can actually afford a couple of flops per year, unlike many other studios.

Agreed, but not this first Star Wars film. If the second or third bombs, that's ok - but the first needs to succeed to make the whole franchise stand up. It's kind of like Pirates of Carribbean. There is a movie "franchise" because the first one was a great, fun movie. Some of the others were awful, but we're still going. There is not a Haunted Mansion movie franchise (released about the same time as PoC), because the first one was painful to watch. Of course, Star Wars has much more juice than PoC or HM, but much is also expected of it.

+1. Anything less than a HOME RUN is a failure, a HUGE opportunity lost. This thing should be twice the size of Frozen.
I saw an article that this won't be considered a success unless it makes 1.5 billion.

The big World Premiere at the original Chineae theater was last night. Bob Iger was all smiles and said he can't contain his excitement.

Well...the press got out of the premiere about about an hour ago and they got their phones back...

While not giving away plot details (there may be paperwork behind that)...the tweets are positive across the board when discussing the feel and the reactions. I saw "recaptured" used a couple of times.

It appears that Abrams quiet confidence was justified and that SOB Iger was right again.
JJ has been quoted several times saying he is terrified about how this movie is going to perform.

Thursday can't come soon enough.

I've (and I know several other people) have "gone dark" on The Force Awakens - not wanting to risk even the smallest of spoilers. I'm done reading articles and avoid the usual movie MB I sometimes frequent.

I mostly feel safe here on the news and rumors board, So - please, please, please NO details about the movie in this thread. (The posts above are fine as they just talk about overall reactions - just NO details, not even as a joke please.)

And Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter