News Round Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The phantom menace" thinks there's a problem and starts construction of the Death Star...but nobody knows anything because they're all sworn to secrecy...and it's being built in a galaxy far, far away...
"

Yeah, it's kind of like if I said "There's word going around inside Disney that Magic Kingdom is REALLY popular. People are saying they might eventually need more rides in that park to keep up with the crowds. They're talking about what to do, but it might not lead to anything. But big things are coming! Maybe."

Sure - it might be real inside information - but it offers zero insight into anything whatsoever other than to say "look at me, I'm an 'insider'". (or the classic "I know something you don't know!!")

http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/re...3091-wilderness-lodge-cabins-villas-confirmed

Already did. We're getting cabins (thank goodness) not teepees. That one always seemed... A little out there. They're marketing this as a separate resort development. The 14th DVC.

They can call it whatever they want...but it being done to dump rack Inventory.

I was more curious about the lodge conversion.

They're not redoing all the service areas for a couple of cabins nobody will ever see the inside of...

Last edited:
Dunno, but I just got an email saying they game a 20 dollar credit for use in the photopass store...where I don't have any photos, because I purchased MM on Oct 14... So, yeah. But the good news is the credit doesn't expire till 12/31/16. So at least there's that.

Everyone has got to start believing me...it is NOT hard to figure out why they do things.

The photopass was labeled as a diminishing value/lost cause long before the annual pass increase...bet that.

A zebra does not change its spots...these aren't the droids you're looking for.

The photopass was labeled as a diminishing value/lost cause long before the annual pass increase...bet that.

Oh I'm aware of that. This was the first and only time I've ever purchased MM, and that was only because I had a huge group going, and we were there for 9 days, and it was the only way I could make sure my mom was in the photos. One day when my parents are gone, I'll be very grateful I paid for it, so that I have those photos to look back on, and to me, that's priceless.

Well the rumor is that imagineering is really starting to see that Epcot is a hot mess and is going to be a hot mess. They aren't planning for a DHS style makeover or anything either but some significant enhancements or changes would be likely.

It seems obvious that imagineers see the same Epcot that we do ... because they're not wealthy or powerful enough to tour the park as VIPs with flunkies accompanying them and steering them briefly through the headline attractions then immediately into a luxurious lounge/boardroom for drinks and a glossy Powerpoint presentation on Epcot's tremendous financial success.

So imagineers are embarrassed by Epcot and are highly motivated to make significant improvements. I can see how the Orlando-based management would also be motivated. Their friends and family in Orlando with APs or who entertain out-of-town relatives are bound to tell them even if they can't see it for themselves. But unless some of the embarrassment spreads upward to the budgetary authorities in Burbank, I don't see any opportunity for the imagineers and Orlando management to make meaningful improvements to the park for example by squirreling away money from their maintenance or special event budgets or whatever. The financial oversight is far too strict.

But boy, do I hope I'm wrong ...

It seems obvious that imagineers see the same Epcot that we do ... because they're not wealthy or powerful enough to tour the park as VIPs with flunkies accompanying them and steering them briefly through the headline attractions then immediately into a luxurious lounge/boardroom for drinks and a glossy Powerpoint presentation on Epcot's tremendous financial success.

So imagineers are embarrassed by Epcot and are highly motivated to make significant improvements. I can see how the Orlando-based management would also be motivated. Their friends and family in Orlando with APs or who entertain out-of-town relatives are bound to tell them even if they can't see it for themselves. But unless some of the embarrassment spreads upward to the budgetary authorities in Burbank, I don't see any opportunity for the imagineers and Orlando management to make meaningful improvements to the park for example by squirreling away money from their maintenance or special event budgets or whatever. The financial oversight is far too strict.

But boy, do I hope I'm wrong ...
Yeah the imagineers can make all the plans they want and I'm sure there are plans out there already but it's whether or not Bob and the board want to open their wallet for it.

http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/re...3091-wilderness-lodge-cabins-villas-confirmed

Already did. We're getting cabins (thank goodness) not teepees. That one always seemed... A little out there. They're marketing this as a separate resort development. The 14th DVC.

The thing is - it's not just about the Cabins that will cost more for a single night than most owners have total. They'll also convert X number of rooms in the hotel as well. A pattern that started at AKV and continued at BLT (where they knocked down a building to replace it with DVC) and culminated with the Poly having only studios and the Bungalows. There's been no announcement yet about how many rooms with be converted. And again what especially weird of all this is will owners of THESE DVC units will have 11 month availability at the existing ones, and vice versa. If that happens, it will severely spike up resale values at that resort.

Geez - Disney never lowers prices...they must've hit a wall with sales. (If they raised the prices by 20% and saw sales drop by 40%, that would be a problem.)

It was ridiculous from the start...

Did you ever see anybody at one of those resorts desks? Their prime marks...err...I mean..."customers"

It was like an old west ghost town.

And as the people of Rochester, New York can attest: film is dead.

To Pete's point...you kinda just doubled down on the exact same type of "rumor"

"The phantom menace" thinks there's a problem and starts construction of the Death Star...but nobody knows anything because they're all sworn to secrecy...and it's being built in a galaxy far, far away...

These types of "rumors" allow 100% flexibility for everyone and their mother to wiggle in and out of and twist it in the wind

(And yes...there will be Star Wars puns all week"

More like the "Star Wars Holiday Special"

You make it, deny it, hide it, pull it out as a "Surprise" at a Special Event. That just makes my Wookie Life Day.

It's likely a combination of demand and the cost of the service to Disney. The cost to Disney is diminishing for this service over time, and therefore they have the ability to reduce the price and make the same profit. I would imagine the demand did not decrease as much as some of you want to believe.

We got it for the first time this year and loved it. Would do it again, but because it is part of the Annual pass now, and we have friends with the annual pass, we wouldn't need it. This would cause a decrease in demand as much as anything. Disney knew this, they knew when they added it to the AP package that the demand would go down, and the price would have to go down. Most likely (contrary to some of you negative Nelly's) Disney knew this when they added it to the AP. They wouldn't add it to the annual pass unless cost for the service to them was going down, and they have enough smart economist in the room to tell them that when they did this a reduction in price of the Memory Maker would also have to occur. It is all connected.

I do have to say tho, the AP comes with PhotoPass, which is not exactly MM. PP does not include the ride videos, or the magic shots. So if you're all about those things, you'll need to purchase MM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter