News Round Up 2020

I also believe they’ve pulled it for now as there are too many uncertainties about when they will reopen, capacity and more when they do.

I believe Disney will still be fair to those who had trips booked, they‘re just unable to provide details right now about what they can offer and when, with so many unknowns.

Disney is in precarious position with re-opening. Let's say you have a trip planned in June and they re-open, but they only re-open MK, and they only run at 20,000 people a day maximum and they only run say half the rides, none of the shows or fireworks, and they cancel 3/4 of your dining reservations because they don't have the capacity in the restaurants to honor them all. Yet you still have to pay the same prime you would pay as if the whole resort is open.

Are you cancelling your reservation or keeping it?

The guest Disney is in precarious position with re-opening. Let's say you have a trip planned in June and they re-open, but they only re-open MK, and they only run at 20,000 people a day maximum and they only run say half the rides, none of the shows or fireworks, and they cancel 3/4 of your dining reservations because they don't have the capacity in the restaurants to honor them all. Yet you still have to pay the same prime you would pay as if the whole resort is open.

Fixed it for ya.

Disney is in precarious position with re-opening. Let's say you have a trip planned in June and they re-open, but they only re-open MK, and they only run at 20,000 people a day maximum and they only run say half the rides, none of the shows or fireworks, and they cancel 3/4 of your dining reservations because they don't have the capacity in the restaurants to honor them all. Yet you still have to pay the same prime you would pay as if the whole resort is open.

I just cancelled our trip 6/5-9. Rebooking for some time in the fall. All the reasons you stated above plus having to wear a mask in the summer heat were all deal breakers for our trip, even though it was our 30th anniversary trip. It just didn't seem very magical with all the restrictions.

Well, as long as they are up front about it I would say leave it up to the guest to decide - offer to rebook them and same rate for future date or keep it

Now, if they don't know what it will look like 6 weeks from now that is the challenging part I think

I posted this on another thread as well, but (and as always, take this as nothing but information from a phone CM) I modified a recovery free dining package today and the CM had to contact Guest Services to help her do it. The problem was that the code was no longer available, as we know; however, they also told her that a new code would be generated not too long from now to cover the upcoming June reservations. Since the original code started June 1, that one was no longer viable.

Even though I had no idea what he was saying, I watched most of this just to imagine what it will be like when it happens here.

I thought the ceremony seemed a little clunky but it’s hard to tell with the language barrier and translations though.

Why do they have character eggs all over the park?
I was wondering about the eggs too. I'm pretty sure they don't celebrate Easter there.

IF anyone is interested, I posted in the Modified Experience thread a summary of some tweets from Shanghai about how elements worked (parades, character meets, queues, etc) - figure I would just link to that post rather than repost everything

If anyone is interested in how they are operating at Shanghai, this is a great twitter follow:
https://twitter.com/tdrexplorer
a few highlights/notes:

They did the parade, but a shortened version:

Character meets are being done from a distance (at least this group of characters):

Loading for Pirates - every other row:

Tron queue - with social distancing markers on the floor: Reminder, the boxes are where to NOT stand (that keeps throwing me as I would think that should be where you do stand)

Last edited:
Even though I had no idea what he was saying, I watched most of this just to imagine what it will be like when it happens here.

I thought the ceremony seemed a little clunky but it’s hard to tell with the language barrier and translations though.

Why do they have character eggs all over the park?
I was wondering about the eggs too. I'm pretty sure they don't celebrate Easter there.

Per the Disney Parks Blog (things to look forward to in the spring in Shanghai Disneyland):

"2. Egg-Tastic Festivities – The resort’s popular egg scavenger hunt returns again this year with large sculpted eggs appearing in the Gardens of Imagination and Disneytown. In celebration of Disney·Pixar Toy Story Land, several new eggs will feature fan-favorite Toy Story characters. "

per another site: "To participate in the scavenger hunt, guests must discover the hidden eggs, snap a happy photo of, or with, the sculpture and upload their photos to Shanghai Disney Resort’s official WeChat account. The egg expedition offers a fun way for families and friends to spend a spring visit to the resort. "

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter