News Round Up 2020

IF anyone is interested, I posted in the Modified Experience thread a summary of some tweets from Shanghai about how elements worked (parades, character meets, queues, etc) - figure I would just link to that post rather than repost everything
This was good to watch. Thank you for posting those links.

I found it interesting (not in a good way) how people just 'forgot' about social distancing at the end of the parade. These are the things that concern me. People will get caught up in the moment or try and get 'the' picture and social distancing will be forgotten.

I found it interesting (not in a good way) how people just 'forgot' about social distancing at the end of the parade. These are the things that concern me. People will get caught up in the moment or try and get 'the' picture and social distancing will be forgotten.

yeah, I saw another video of people watching a show and they have yellow boxes taped on the ground for where you should stand and you can see one guy with basically just one food inside that yellow box, the rest of him outside it. If that is and example of what is happening on day 1 when capacity is so drastically reduced, what are things going to look like if they get close to 30% or 50% capacity and people start relaxing over time?

Or do people get more accustomed and it gets better? (I mean, there will always be some people that don't follow the rules, but for the majority of people)

From a DVC thread:

Just a side note...DH is in finance. He told me today that Disney is coming to market again with another debt deal which is indicative that they are looking to stay more liquid and are unsure of the future. This makes me believe that ROFR will be on the bottom of the list for their use of funds.

Confirmed by a new blank prospectus on TWDC’s investor relations page:

https://otp.tools.investis.com/clie...gId=14135672&Cik=0001744489&Type=PDF&hasPdf=1

I am a planner and I love planning vacations - especially Disney vacations. However, given our circumstances, the uncertainty factor takes some of the enjoyment out of planning.

Anyway, yesterday was our 180-day ADR window opened up for a November trip. It had to be the first time ever I haven’t set an alarm to be up and at ‘em as soon as the window opened. I didn’t even have a list of ADRs I wanted. Made me sad!!!

Also, what was weird is that MDE is only showing me the ability to book ADRs from my check-in date through the day before check-out on a 3-night stay. So I cannot book any ADRs on the last day of our trip (check-out day). I thought it was weird but figured today it would correct, but still same thing today.

Anyone else having / seeing this issue?

Anyone else feeling depressed about losing the excitement for Disney planning?

I am a planner and I love planning vacations - especially Disney vacations. However, given our circumstances, the uncertainty factor takes some of the enjoyment out of planning.

Anyway, yesterday was our 180-day ADR window opened up for a November trip. It had to be the first time ever I haven’t set an alarm to be up and at ‘em as soon as the window opened. I didn’t even have a list of ADRs I wanted. Made me sad!!!

Also, what was weird is that MDE is only showing me the ability to book ADRs from my check-in date through the day before check-out on a 3-night stay. So I cannot book any ADRs on the last day of our trip (check-out day). I thought it was weird but figured today it would correct, but still same thing today.

I had the same issue. For a Thurs-Sun trip, I could only make ressies through Saturday.

We have a trip planned for the end of September. I haven't even started thinking about making ADRs, or even planning at all. We rented DVC for Old Key West, have our tickets, and have our flights, but I don't feel like I can start planning until I have some idea of how things are going to go once they open back up.

News

Chapek on CNBC confirms masks will be required in US parks, indicates plan is to increase attendance at Shanghai by 5,000 per week.

He basically said that Americans will struggle to adjust but that they’ll have to. He also repeated several times that guest behavior will dictate what they do, and it wasn’t hard to read between the lines that they are assuming that their Florida guests are going to be harder to manage then those at their other parks.

I want to preface this by saying I am pro-mask and take all safety measures seriously. I read an article this morning that was very much grounded in scientific research. One of the issues it discussed was the risk of contracting the virus from outdoor activities. Here is what it stated:

Importantly, of the countries performing contact tracing properly, only a single outbreak has been reported from an outdoor environment (less than 0.3% of traced infections). (Source - an excellent read!)

So, I am not nervous about the brief mingling of crowds post-parades or outdoor shows, and especially if everyone is wearing masks. But based on this same article, I think it will be a long time before we get to enjoy indoor shows like Frozen Ever After or The Lion King.

(And I am not trying to start an argument here - but Disney is a private business and they have the right to refuse entrance for any reason...they could tell everyone that they have to shave their head and you can choose not to shave your head but you can't come in the parks.)
Actually that's not true. It would open the door to all kinds of discriminately practices.

He basically said that Americans will struggle to adjust but that they’ll have to. He also repeated several times that guest behavior will dictate what they do, and it wasn’t hard to read between the lines that they are assuming that their Florida guests are going to be harder to manage then those at their other parks.
Well, at least he appreciated how it will be "trying" to wear masks in the hot and humid environment of Florida. Doesn't sound like that's changing their opinion on that though. I think I could accept it better if masks were only required indoors, or on transportation but having to wear them all the time while outside, or at the pool? I just don't see that happening on a vacation for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter