News Round Up 2020

be honest you went in the woods. I do it all the time at a state park near me. You got to go you got to go. From November 1 to March 31 bathrooms are closed. They were closed yesterday because of the virus who knows when they will open.
DD did, and I would have, but I honestly didn't need to. I think I was so concerned about maybe having to use a gas station bathroom my kidneys cut off the flow.

N95 masks are used for a variety of different tasks. Construction, maintenance, parking lots, in non-routine conditions, etc. These masks are normally utilized for particulate management such as dust or dirt. I manage Safety in a pet food manufacturing plant and keep a high number on hand myself to protect my workers. We have another large shipment coming "soon". I have ordered some N/R/P 99s and 100s to get us through until the shipment arrives.
One other note, because this also came up when Facebook and other CA tech companies announced they were donating their stockpile of masks: a lot of companies keep them on hand to protect employees in case there's a wildfire nearby.

NEWS

Disney has tapped Joby Harold as the new writer for the Obi-Wan Kenobi planned for Disney+

• Harold previously wrote the screenplay for King Arthur: Leged of the Sword and executive produced John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum.
  • He is also writing the script for Zack Snyder’s upcoming film Army of the Dead as well as a yet-untitled Transformers project.

At least its an answer ... I guess "until further notice" just allows them to make week by week decisions. Without being "stuck" to a date in case things get better or worse. It is just good PR. Announcing ANY date right now would "look" irresponsible. It will be interesting to see how they start handling cancellations for the coming months then. Are they just not taking new reservations "until further notice" either?

Paying cast members for a whole month of not working is pretty generous, but let's be real here. When the parks open back up . .they will HAVE to let CMs go due to decreased demand to go to the parks. They aren't going to staff at 2019 levels for way reduced demand that is bound to happen for the rest of 2020.

And along those lines .. I am guessing we (the fans) will see things like reductions of menus, reduced capacity, increased prices, construction delayed or cancelled altogether until things pick back up and their money making engine is roaring again.

I mean . .we are just going to see increase in pricing from the inevitable inflation that is going to happen with the government just "magically" giving everyone $1200.
If they’ve let all the college program folks go them maybe all the locals will get their jobs back right away sine the college kids made up a large number of CM’s.

Inevitable. The company bridged their people through when most of them will get their checks from the Government, and they’ll be eligible for the enhanced unemployment.

The hard part now is how does Disney hire all these people back?

The rides are gonna feel very different with all new CMs and it’s going to take forever to reopen the parks if 30% of the staff turns over, let alone 50 or 75%

Inevitable. The company bridged their people through when most of them will get their checks from the Government, and they’ll be eligible for the enhanced unemployment.

The hard part now is how does Disney hire all these people back?

The rides are gonna feel very different with all new CMs and it’s going to take forever to reopen the parks if 30% of the staff turns over, let alone 50 or 75%
Yeah not unexpected at all. That’s why it will likely be a slow progression to reopen. We may see only limited attractions or even one park opened at a time. That way they can train and ease back into things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter