News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
We always enjoy going to SeaWorld Orlando during the Christmas season. The shows and decorations are very nice, plus we always love the coasters!
Are the coasters walk on in Orlando? I've only been to the one in San Antonio and maybe I've just always been lucky, but the coasters have always been walk on and a lot of fun.

Are the coasters walk on in Orlando? I've only been to the one in San Antonio and maybe I've just always been lucky, but the coasters have always been walk on and a lot of fun.
The last time we went, the lines were definitely short. We always rope drop and hit the coasters first thing. The back of the park was opening an hour or so later than the front, so we would ride Manta then Kraken then do a second rope drop for Mako. We probably ride each of the big three coasters 3-5 times on any given visit. I think we did Mako 10-12 times once. It’s pretty awesome. The lines might get longer during the day.

We haven’t been since the Sesame Street area opened, but I’m sure that would be fun for your 3 year old (mine are 13 and 16).

Question. If you rope drop DHS and secure a boarding pass for RoR, can you hop to another park and return at your allotted time?

Yes, if you secure a boarding group you can leave the park and do whatever (go to another park, rest at your hotel, etc.). They will push a notification to your MDE when your boarding group is called and you have 2 hours to return from that moment

one quick note, just in case you were wondeirng, your entire party has to have scanned into DHS to be part of a boarding group, so you can't just have one person of your party go over early and secure spots for everyone

Just an FYI that there is a subforum devoted to Galaxy's Edge and there are threads about RotR boarding groups, etc. (but also know there is a lot of info there and posts and stuff so can sometimes be hard to easily find the answer to any given question):
https://www.disboards.com/forums/star-wars-galaxys-edge-info-planning.204/

Is Terminal 10 as nicely setup as Terminal 8? Is it a DCL only terminal like 8? I really like DCL's terminal. I really haven't like any non-DCL/generic terminals that I have used.

Did a quick Google search and looked at cruise critic and Terminal 10 is currently used by Norwegian and says a new Norwegian ship will be using starting later 2019 (so my guess is it will be used by Norwegian and Disney). Overall it got a rating of 4.9/5 per 15 user reviews

Did a quick Google search and looked at cruise critic and Terminal 10 is currently used by Norwegian and says a new Norwegian ship will be using starting later 2019 (so my guess is it will be used by Norwegian and Disney). Overall it got a rating of 4.9/5 per 15 user reviews
I was thinking Terminal 10 was the new one built for the Oasis class. If so, a lot of people on the major cruise boards love it (I won't post the website name because they won't allow anyone to post the disboards name).

Edit: I was thinking wrong. The new one is Terminal 1. Terminal 10 is the old RCL terminal. I've been through it twice, once was a huge cluster the other time was just fine. The time that was a cluster the cruise before ours had a noro outbreak and the CDC didn't allow boarding until 1:30 and there was no where to sit anywhere. Not sure if there is no waiting area inside or if it was just way too small.

Last edited:
So .. general question --
Is this boarding group thing (and basically not having Fast Passes for an attraction opening) the future for other new high demand attractions? Tron, Guardians of the Galaxy? Even Mickeys Runaway Railway?

Because .. if I understand how it is working for RoR, it is essentially a digital version of the paper FastPass system, except there is NO standby option at all?

Is this boarding group thing (and basically not having Fast Passes for an attraction opening) the future for other new high demand attractions? Tron, Guardians of the Galaxy? Even Mickeys Runaway Railway?

Because .. if I understand how it is working for RoR, it is essentially a digital version of the paper FastPass system, except there is NO standby option at all?

I would bet it's in place for Tron and Guardians. Not sure on Mickey and Minnie.

I hope so, and they'd be smart to handle major openings this way (it basically avoids the disaster of what happened when Hagrid's opened at Universal). It allows Disney to control the guest experience, AND allow guests to visit/spend/ride in other parts of WDW rather than spending their time standing in line. Honestly Fastpasses are just a marketing tool (Perceived prestige, really) and make standby waits longer. SR hasn't had fastpasses since it opened and the wait times have been pleasantly low - far lower than FoP sees with FP available. I wish they would do away with FP entirely and use VQ when crowds warranted it.

I hope so, and they'd be smart to handle major openings this way (it basically avoids the disaster of what happened when Hagrid's opened at Universal). It allows Disney to control the guest experience, AND allow guests to visit/spend/ride in other parts of WDW rather than spending their time standing in line. Honestly Fastpasses are just a marketing tool (Perceived prestige, really) and make standby waits longer. SR hasn't had fastpasses since it opened and the wait times have been pleasantly low - far lower than FoP sees with FP available. I wish they would do away with FP entirely and use VQ when crowds warranted it.
Maybe the success of MFSR and Rise .. will lead to the elimation of Fast Pass -- (though I suspect it would be quickly replaced with a PAID version .. that would have a much lower demand .. which means Standby would not be as affected as much).

It is not going to happen overnight (Would be a PR nightmare) .. but if they simply start having new rides not even have FP -- it would be easy to transition to a paid system (or combo of a free system and a paid system).

Maybe. It’s hard to say really because Rise needs to be controlled to work out it’s kinks. Those other attractions may not need this because they’ll be ready to go at a higher capacity.

Maybe. It’s hard to say really because Rise needs to be controlled to work out it’s kinks. Those other attractions may not need this because they’ll be ready to go at a higher capacity.

yeah, that is the angle I was thinking too - the technical concerns mean they need this dynamic control vs standard FP

I could see similar for Guardians since it is supposed to be new technology too but for like Tron which is a copy of an existing ride probably not needed

Is this a seasonal thing ?
I believe it is. When we stayed at Pop in Jan 2018 and Dec 2018 the pools had the following hours:
  • Hippy Dippy Pool: 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
  • Bowling and Computer Pool: 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
When we were there is April and September of 2019 the hours were longer, opening earlier and staying open later.

I can tell you last year we used NCL's terminal 10 at Port Canaveral. It was a very unpleasant loading experience. That terminal is not only sterile looking, but couldn't accommodate the number of guests. Once onboard, I looked down at DCL's terminal and immediately thought when will other cruise lines adopt that style of staging/loading.

I suspect the NCL Breakaway is docking at terminal 10 as the Edge class might be too large.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter