News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone with any first hand experience on how early you need to get in line without a Dining Package for the Candlelight Processional with NPH the last few days? I was thinking about going tonight since we obviously won't be riding RotR at closing like we had considered.
For the last several years, if you didn't have a dining package reservation, your chances of getting a seat in the amphitheater were fairly slim.

There's an extensive thread on the candlelight processional on the restaurant board, you might want to ask your question there:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...essional-dining-packages-info.3750362/page-33

I didn't actually watch since this is posted by Disney - what exactly would you expect the reaction they post be. "Yeah, it was alright I guess..."

Seriously though - I've been avoiding hearing anything about it. 72 days away.
Continue to do so, I’m very happy I went in with only handfuls of knowledge and no visuals. Good luck.

The new "Mulan" trailer is out

It looks to be a somewhat original story, not based on the animated version or original folktale

I Cann't wait to see "Mulan" in March 2020.... BUT comments from people who get disappointed by the fact that Mushu is not in this movie really upset me, for the following reason:

For those who don't know the story of which Disney's Mulan is based upon, the original story form "Hua Mu Lan" is an ancient Chinese poem, written in the 11th-12th century. The poem, about a heorine named Mulan, was very beautifully written and is a long poem to recite. Any kid who can memorize this poem would be very proud and be rewarded by their elders and parents. The tone of this poem is very serious. Therefore, the Disney storyteller created the character Mushu for the humor element in the 1998 version of Mulan.

After watching the movie trailer, I could sense the seriousness of the movie and I hope that this movie will embody the poem which I studied when I was little. I am impressed by the ensemble, many of whom are famous Chinese actors and actresses. I cann't wait to bring my children to see this movie in March!! Hope you all will see this movie too, even without Mushu!!

Sort of wish I could’ve but knowing so much ahead of time and doing what I do here it’s hard to avoid it.
That’s why I prioritized avoiding visuals specifically. I’ve still learned a ton about the physical ride and layout long ago, but that only goes so far. Still able to discuss things, but there are a ton of details so even if you’ve followed close you’ll have surprises. Even though I followed Batuu closely, it just feels so different from pictures. Got to ride a few times today and had a blast every time, and got to talk to a few imagineers about it as well. Can’t wait to start again tomorrow now.

That’s why I prioritized avoiding visuals specifically. I’ve still learned a ton about the physical ride and layout long ago, but that only goes so far. Still able to discuss things, but there are a ton of details so even if you’ve followed close you’ll have surprises. Even though I followed Batuu closely, it just feels so different from pictures. Got to ride a few times today and had a blast every time, and got to talk to a few imagineers about it as well. Can’t wait to start again tomorrow now.
Oh for sure. Definitely had surprises and what not when I visited the first time. Scale was the big thing.

For those who don't know the story of which Disney's Mulan is based upon, the original story form "Hua Mu Lan" is an ancient Chinese poem, written in the 11th-12th century. The poem, about a heorine named Mulan, was very beautifully written and is a long poem to recite. Any kid who can memorize this poem would be very proud and be rewarded by their elders and parents. The tone of this poem is very serious. Therefore, the Disney storyteller created the character Mushu for the humor element in the 1998 version of Mulan.

Thanks for that tidbit -- I knew it was based on an ancient story, but I did not know she was called Hua Mu Lan in the story, which explains why they have changed her name to that for this new film, instead of Fa Mulan in the 1998 film.

And I really love the original animated film and when I first heard about this "remake" with no songs I was kind of bummed to be truthful, but now that I've seen the trailer and you describe the original story a bit, I see they are steering it more in that direction and not as a shot-for-shot like The Lion King was (which I ended up being disappointed with). I thought the trailer looked really interesting and would like to see it.

Yeah, I was just hoping to get an idea from the past couple days how late is definitely too late. I think I'd rather go back to studios to try and see the drones, so if it's going to be a 4 hour wait for CP I'll definitely try to sway the wife in a different direction. 8:15 is the last showing, so even if it's "only" a 2 hour wait we'd be pushing it at this point.
I was there last year and you definitely needed to be there at least 2 hrs ahead of time to get into the last show. However, it’s amazing and really worth doing so I wouldn’t try to sway your wife away.

I would continue to monitor to see how tomorrow goes ... if you do head down on Saturday I would plan to be there by like 6am / 7am at the latest

I mean they didn’t run out of boarding passes until around 9 today, on opening day. The park will also open much later tomorrow. 9am opening vs 8am (which was actually 6am) today. I think as long as you get there by 8 and are happy to come back later in the day for your boarding time you’re fine.

THIS.

I am honestly not a fan of the live action reboots of the cartoons. Especially when it's shot-for-shot the animated movie. I love when they can revisit an old film but make it something NEW. It's one of the reasons I'm really looking forward to this version of Mulan.
Same here. That's why I really liked Dumbo and didn't even see Lion King or Aladdin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter