News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think they'll ever expand the Minnie Vans to regular off-site guests? They might see a big increase in hopper purchases for guests staying for shorter periods :confused3
I would imagine Disney's view on that would be that offsite guests can use regular Lyft or a similar service. My understanding of the Minnie Vans is they're supposed to be a jazzed-up, standardized, themed version of ride-share, so I doubt they'd be interested in taking those off property with the exception of the airport. I would think it'd be a slippery slope from picking up offsite guests to the scandal of seeing a Minnie Van pick up or drop off somebody at Universal.

I would imagine Disney's view on that would be that offsite guests can use regular Lyft or a similar service. My understanding of the Minnie Vans is they're supposed to be a jazzed-up, standardized, themed version of ride-share, so I doubt they'd be interested in taking those off property with the exception of the airport. I would think it'd be a slippery slope from picking up offsite guests to the scandal of seeing a Minnie Van pick up or drop off somebody at Universal.

I agree with them bot going off site but I think the op meant off site guests being able to use them onsite since they mentioned park hoppers. I think this wouldn't be a problem and something they would want to do. Why limit the money being spent to only those staying on site esp if the purpose is to keep people onsite longer.

done deal contracts signed so doesn't matter what comcast would do unless the deal falls through but they can't up the ante
There is a 1.52B break up fee for either party to exit the contract for non-regulatory reasons. Disney has a 2.5B breakup fee they would have to pay if it gets blocked for regulatory reasons.

when it comes to the theater, i think there are issues with the site that weren't known before ir were ignored. this is what comes from people in charge who don't check former site maps and just make decisions based on space. the area may have been safe enough for a parking lot or temporary structure but not stable enough to hold a permanent theater like the hyperion theater at DCA. remember florida is basically a sand bar and ground can shift and be fliud in areas

when it comes to the theater, i think there are issues with the site that weren't known before ir were ignored. this is what comes from people in charge who don't check former site maps and just make decisions based on space. the area may have been safe enough for a parking lot or temporary structure but not stable enough to hold a permanent theater like the hyperion theater at DCA. remember florida is basically a sand bar and ground can shift and be fliud in areas
Yup. I heard they ran into some issues of this nature with SW:GE and that’s why WDW fell behind DLR in construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter