News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumor

I saw a Facebook post that Disney is telling people via phone that from April 9 to May 7th Toy Story Midway Mania will be down to 1 track only and will be standby only - no FP. First I am hearing of those specific dates and exact plan so still calling rumor for now, but appears the direction they are going

source: The World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy Facebook page

Last edited:
Rumor

I saw a Facebook post that Disney is telling people via phone that from April 9 to May 7th Toy Story Midway Mania will be down to 1 track only and will be standby only - no FP. First I am hearing of those specific dates and exact plan so still calling rumor for now, but appears the direction they are going
So is there still a chance the whole attraction will be shut down at some point? Maybe after May 7th until Toy Story Land opens?

I saw yesterday that Jim Hall referenced "Disney Cinemagine Park" as the new Hollywood Studios name on a podcast recently, even suggesting it could be changed as early as the TSL rollout... any confirmation on that? Personally, (and I think this was discussed a lot when it was first suggested, so please excuse me if this is old news), I think they could have done better in naming it...

I saw yesterday that Jim Hall referenced "Disney Cinemagine Park" as the new Hollywood Studios name on a podcast recently, even suggesting it could be changed as early as the TSL rollout... any confirmation on that? Personally, (and I think this was discussed a lot when it was first suggested, so please excuse me if this is old news), I think they could have done better in naming it...
I’ve heard Disney won’t change the name until 2019.

I am sure @rteetz can speak to it better but there were rumors of 4 potential locations for this Hotel and I think this latest permit still leaves a couple of them in play. If the location at the entrance to the park is chosen then I believe the expectation is that the monorail station would be come part of/attached to the hotel (obviously they would need a way for non-hotel guest to use it as well to get to/from the TTC but my guess is hotel guests would have sort of a "fast pass" like access to the ramp and/or dedicated cars or something
Yep. I would say there are still a couple options with this permits.

I think he said it would be announced with the opening of TSL, but not actually changed until the New Year. So, effective Jan 1, 2019.

lmao. They have released 19 *highly* successful movies, including 2 about a tree and a talking raccoon that nobody (especially me) thought would be worth anything. But the 20 second teaser tells you they can't pull it off? Yea, ok.

Maybe instead of clinging to a movie replicating a few hackney'd pages from a mid 1980's comic book, you ought to go into this for what it is - the culmination of 20 movies worth of build up.

Or not.

I guarantee it won't be the same as the original series though, because it isn't being written by two guys who can literally make up anything they want while another guy inks it in a week.

I like comic books here and there, but on the whole even the best runs are filled with complete crap. There is a reason we have hundreds of characters with dozens of titles released per year, and yet only a handful are actually remembered as good storylines.

On the other hand, the MCU track right is essentially spotless comparatively.

Highly successful, yes, so far as making money, that doesn't mean they were actually good movies for the record (though as I noted, if you bothered to read, I have really enjoyed most of them thus far)

I get that this is beyond your comprehension since you didn't read the "hackney'd" comics that this series is based on, but a comparison to the original story line, which this is based on, is entirely appropriate. And the point, again if you bothered to read, was not if these would be good, or "successful" but was that they wont do the original series justice, or be as epic. Why ? They are missing more than half the characters necessary to do so. They have cut out an entire area of the story, and the characters associated with it. Not that they can be blamed, part of it is the ownership of the IP, the other part is that you can't tell as much story in 40 hours of films as you can in just a few "hackney'd" pages from the 1980s. This is always the case, the written / drawn medium allows much more story telling than the film medium does, its why most conversions to film/tv leave out a ton of detail, characters, sub plots etc.

So yea, you can try to call me out for "clinging" to the "hackney'd" comics this is supposed to be based on and pointing out the considerable amount that will be left out, even though I noted how I enjoyed the films, or you could just say "Yea, they wont be as epic, but they are still going to make a bunch of money and be really good" and I'd agree with you.

You beat me.

I don’t mind the colors.

I just think it's hard to read light blue on dark blue. To me, it would make more sense if the color of the letter was the actual color on the attractions sign (e.g. the "P" for Pirates being the same light red color instead of this random blue).

I don't quite get the back - some of the words start with the respective letter and some do not. I think it is the font of each letter in Passholder matches the font used in that attraciton/park, but seems odd/lazy for some of them to have a letter that matches (like 'P' for "Pirates of the Caribbean") but then not others

I really like the concept but not the best execution

Yeah, it's the identification of the font. Like I said above, I think if the color of the letter matched the color of each attraction it would be better. You probably wouldn't even need the back to explain what each one was if the color was appropriate. Or you could even add a little graphic for each letter (e.g. Jolly Roger flag above or below the pirates "P", etc.)

Am I the only one that cannot stand graphics on the back of any shirt? :( Would purchase so many Disney t's if the backs were plain.

I'm also not a fan of stuff on the back of a t-shirt.

Rumor

source: The World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy Facebook page
Ugh. I had put my days of rope dropping DHS behind me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter