News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah..that was my point. Chris Evan's comment pretty much tells you he's out of future movies. That's what got me thinking if it had been advised as such.

Could always just be a move to get a better contract, I think he did the same thing last time the contract was up, but it has been known for some time now. And he has been talking about no longer acting in general for years and going full director.

Last edited:
Further comments about the Artist Point conversion:

They are doing this for the same reason they do everything else - to make more money. Artists point was probably not the most popular of Signature restaurants. There was no great view or convenient location like a lot of the other deluxe resorts. Conversion to a character restaurant - which traditional pack them in with 180 advance ADRs is an easy choice. BUT, they still aren't going to cut back their income. So they aren't going to drop to a single credit service price (which is now what about $40) or to using one credit on the dining plan. The ONLY way this happens is if they leave it at 1 TS credit initially so they can gauge popularity. (It's still not a great accessible location.) However, based on the menu and pricing - I think it extremely unlikely it start at 1 TS.
I'd just add that the only way this will make them more money is because this type of meal is in demand -- more so than the plain old Signature they had there. Meeting a guest demand is good. :)

Storybook Dining at Artist Point with Snow White is now open for ADRs beginning mid December. I just snagged dinner, as that as all that was available. Hopefully this wasn’t already posted here.
Of note: 1TS. AP is no longer a "SIG", in any fashion :(.

I was excited until I realized it was only for Florida residents. The way it is worded I thought for a minute that non residents got 3 months, but I don't think that is the case.
I just looked on the Universal site. It is for EVERYONE! I'm so excited. I think we're going to get the passes as long as the kids agree to hold off on Star wars til late 2020.

Dining is a big part of our Disney trips - but at some point you reach your limit. This last trip we did less TS and more CS than in the past and I see that trend continuing (not to mention bringing granola bars and stuff and our own water, etc.)

Love Disney but becoming more and more that you have to pick and chose which elements you will spend your $ on
I agree. We are typically a once a year for at least a week family. I think we will do our 8 day trip in January and then not go again until everything they are working on is open. They are hiking prices on everything and closing attractions and entertainment and I’m not getting the equivalent in return. Once there is Guardians and Tron and hopefully new nighttime entertainment in the parks I may feel differently. I love WDW and we have a blast every trip but until the 50th we are going to try some other trips, like Europe and cruises, for significantly cheaper!

I agree. We are typically a once a year for at least a week family. I think we will do our 8 day trip in January and then not go again until everything they are working on is open. They are hiking prices on everything and closing attractions and entertainment and I’m not getting the equivalent in return. Once there is Guardians and Tron and hopefully new nighttime entertainment in the parks I may feel differently. I love WDW and we have a blast every trip but until the 50th we are going to try some other trips, like Europe and cruises, for significantly cheaper!

Yeah, I am starting to think the same. The DIS is doing and event next summer so I suspect we will go down for that but outside of that ha like that we might wait a bit... and I definitely want to be there for the 50th so thinking take some time off and then do a big thing for the 50th

If it's commercially produced it's not collectible. I've got unopened Tops Baseball card sets from 86-93. As a kid, they cost be $20 to $25 a piece to buy the sets. My parents brought a box of my crap down a few years ago and they were the majority of the weight. Took them over to a memorabilia shop a year ago, all 8 years he offered me $50.

I don't collect anything. If I have it, like the monorail sized Polynesian and Grand Floridian, it's because I want them. Not because they supposedly are worth something. Disney makes too much of this crap, and can change the rules at any time, for it to have any kind of value. The old stuff from the 60s and 70s? Maybe. The new stuff? Just dust collectors.

How about all 24 piece of history pins unopened?

Or all four haunted mansion stretching portrait tapestries?

Some things are worth collecting....

Last edited:
Speaking in regards to people NOT on the DIS or otherwise in the know--was it stated in advance that Avengers 4 would be Chris Evan's last role as Captain America? As is his contract was up, not renewed, no longer in a specific commitments?

Just wondering.

It wasn't specifically stated, but it's the last movie on his contract. I still hope he comes back to the role somewhere down the line (after a few movies of Bucky!Cap maybe).

It wasn't specifically stated, but it's the last movie on his contract. I still hope he comes back to the role somewhere down the line (after a few movies of Bucky!Cap maybe).

I assumed they were going to kill off him or Tony in Infinity War - and then they did a switcheroo---but yeah it's a pretty foregone conclusion that at minimum those two aren't coming back. (Since they pay RDJ like $75 million a movie and CE about $50 million a movie, they certainly won't mind that cost savings either.)

Biergarten was already too expensive. $44 for a buffet? That’s ridiculous. Biegarten is now off the list of TS we’re willing to splurge on, unless its a Candelight package for a popular narrator someday. With all these increases for food, we’ll be buying far less often.

I was going to let my pass expire next year, but this just changed my mind. Thats a good deal. Disney should follow suit in one way or another.

So excited for this! This star wars series and the Loki and Scarlet Witch series are enough for me to subscribe. Also excited for the ink and paint department documentaries as well.
When I see the name of the new TV show, I am reminded of an excellent series of books by David Eddings, the Mallorean series. Long time ago I read the series, and still return to them from time to time. Starting in the Belgariad, and moving into the Mallorean. Funny how the name is so similar.

When I see the name of the new TV show, I am reminded of an excellent series of books by David Eddings, the Mallorean series. Long time ago I read the series, and still return to them from time to time. Starting in the Belgariad, and moving into the Mallorean. Funny how the name is so similar.

Great books. One of the first series I've ever read 20+ years ago.

Yep....we're going this route too. I think you bring up an interesting point....extended AP's at steep(?) discounts.

Disney's not going to do this. And it's no surprise Universal is rolling this out right now with SW:GE opening end of next year. This is an easy way to get people to renew this year and carry their numbers forward through that opening. The only chance you have of Disney doing something similar is a massive recession or the year Universal opens a real new gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter