News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neglecting Public Safety cannot be excused because a building code doesn't "require" Safety equipment.
Public Safety trumps every other service that a Government entity provides........

One of my grad school professors referred to these types of situations as solutions in search of a problem. Yes, there are "thousands of gas filled vehicles park in the hot Florida Sun year round" at Disney World. There are also millions of cars outside of Disney World that encounter similar conditions daily. Yet, the number of unattended car fires is remarkably tiny. Expecting any company to go above and beyond existing building codes to fix a problem that doesn't really exist is illogical, in my opinion.

I'll even go further and say that car fires in the middle of a huge parking lots aren't Public Safety issues. Assuming people get out of the car (which isn't something Disney should be responsible for), they can move in virtually any direction to get away from the fire.

I'm sure you will disagree, which is fine.

One of my grad school professors referred to these types of situations as solutions in search of a problem. Yes, there are "thousands of gas filled vehicles park in the hot Florida Sun year round" at Disney World. There are also millions of cars outside of Disney World that encounter similar conditions daily. Yet, the number of unattended car fires is remarkably tiny. Expecting any company to go above and beyond existing building codes to fix a problem that doesn't really exist is illogical, in my opinion.

I'll even go further and say that car fires in the middle of a huge parking lots aren't Public Safety issues. Assuming people get out of the car (which isn't something Disney should be responsible for), they can move in virtually any direction to get away from the fire.

You're correct.
I disagree...........

I agree with this. Disney should not be expected to go beyond code.

If there's an argument that the code isn't good enough - well that's a different story and needs to be taken up with the state.

Saw this yesterday. It’s the last booth on the left (#9, I think?). They had two CMs blocking the entrance to the queue, and they wouldn’t let you in unless your inquiry met their criteria. Activating APs does not, fwiw, and we were sent to wait in the much longer ticket booth queue.
Did you happen to catch what would qualify to be able to use the Guest Relations location there? I'm just curious. I thought it was a good idea to place one there but did wonder what one could do there.

News/Update

Deadpool 2 wins the weekend, dethroning Infinity War - it made $125m which is good, but a tad below the projected $130m and a bit below what the first one did at $132.5m

Avengers: Infinity War saw a bit of the wind taken out of its sails by Deadpool 2, but still had a good fourth weekend with $28.7 million. That’s down 53% from last weekend and puts the film at $595 million and $1.813 billion worldwide. The film is still on course for $650 million or more in domestic numbers by the end of its run.

https://411mania.com/movies/411-box...ones-avengers-infinity-war-125-million-start/

News/Update

Deadpool 2 wins the weekend, dethroning Infinity War - it made $125m which is good, but a tad below the projected $130m and a bit below what the first one did at $132.5m

Avengers: Infinity War saw a bit of the wind taken out of its sails by Deadpool 2, but still had a good fourth weekend with $28.7 million. That’s down 53% from last weekend and puts the film at $595 million and $1.813 billion worldwide. The film is still on course for $650 million or more in domestic numbers by the end of its run.

https://411mania.com/movies/411-box...ones-avengers-infinity-war-125-million-start/
I wanna see infinity war again, but between Deadpool (which I saw this weekend) solo, and the incredibles, there’s too many movies I need to see on the first run to justify a second time around

I wanna see infinity war again, but between Deadpool (which I saw this weekend) solo, and the incredibles, there’s too many movies I need to see on the first run to justify a second time around
I saw it twice but agree with you. There are so many movies coming out this summer I can't keep up. Jurrasic World Fallen Kingdom is in there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter