News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on a 20th anniversary dedication ceremony for Animal Kingdom? Like the usual time for such events. I will be there that day. However, it is the same day as the Star Wars Half Marathon, so I may be a little out of it from the run.

Any word on a 20th anniversary dedication ceremony for Animal Kingdom? Like the usual time for such events. I will be there that day. However, it is the same day as the Star Wars Half Marathon, so I may be a little out of it from the run.
No word on anything about that. They might have a small ceremony at the tree at park opening but I wouldn’t expect much more than that. They did something like that for the 15th.

There was a note in the latest D23 e-mail about special packages for the AK 20th and it mentions an anniversary "moment" at the Tree of Life:

“20th Anniversary FAN Celebration Pass” (costs $20) including the following:
  • Reserved viewing for the 20th anniversary moment at the Tree of Life
  • 20th Anniversary Commemorative D23 digital photo
  • Three FastPasses at Disney’s Animal Kingdom (excluding Pandora – The World of Avatar)
  • Reserved viewing for a specified Rivers of Light performance
  • D23-exclusive gift created specifically for this event, in partnership with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts

VIP 20th Anniversary FAN Celebration Pass” (costs $275) that includes all of the above listed activities in addition to the following premium experiences:
  • VIP Viewing for a Festival of the Lion King performance
  • Private Mix and Mingle reception in DinoLand U.S.A.
  • Behind-the-Scenes Dinner inside the Festival of the Lion King theater
  • Additional D23-exclusive commemorative keepsake
  • PLUS, during this commemorative day, Disney’s Animal Kingdom special guests will stop by to help us celebrate.

There was a note in the latest D23 e-mail about special packages for the AK 20th and it mentions an anniversary "moment" at the Tree of Life:

“20th Anniversary FAN Celebration Pass” (costs $20) including the following:
  • Reserved viewing for the 20th anniversary moment at the Tree of Life
  • 20th Anniversary Commemorative D23 digital photo
  • Three FastPasses at Disney’s Animal Kingdom (excluding Pandora – The World of Avatar)
  • Reserved viewing for a specified Rivers of Light performance
  • D23-exclusive gift created specifically for this event, in partnership with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts

VIP 20th Anniversary FAN Celebration Pass” (costs $275) that includes all of the above listed activities in addition to the following premium experiences:
  • VIP Viewing for a Festival of the Lion King performance
  • Private Mix and Mingle reception in DinoLand U.S.A.
  • Behind-the-Scenes Dinner inside the Festival of the Lion King theater
  • Additional D23-exclusive commemorative keepsake
  • PLUS, during this commemorative day, Disney’s Animal Kingdom special guests will stop by to help us celebrate.
I’d totally sign up if I was gonna be there. AK is my favorite park.

I’d totally sign up if I was gonna be there. AK is my favorite park.

the regular pas seems like a good deal for only $20. The VIP one seems cool, but if you get up to even a couple of people that would get pricey .... but I am sure they will all sell out in seconds

the regular pas seems like a good deal for only $20. The VIP one seems cool, but if you get up to even a couple of people that would get pricey .... but I am sure they will all sell out in seconds
I’d even do VIP. I imagine both will sell out.

as a rather extreme introvert anything labeled as "mix and mingle" gives me heart palpitations so for me I'd largely be paying for the dinner (which, does sound cool - but for $275?)
I am also an introvert but I’d probably still do it. I’m a sucker for AK stuff. I can’t wait to get my AK 20th magicband.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter