News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
News

Disney shareholders meeting is today (happening now).

Iger believes bringing in Fox will provide an extraordinary global entertainment company.

Those in attendance see extended looks at Infinity War, Mary Poppins, and Solo.

Iger mentioned his upcoming book in the Q&A.

Shareholder questions are always interesting and fun...

Was... that’s a long story though...
Most of us have a similar story.
<----was offered an engineering scholarship, decided I wanted to go for pre-med(while playing hockey and lacrosse). Hockey conflicted with pre-med goals. Long story short, didn't end with pre-med or hockey long term, got a degree in sociology and russian. Thought I'd do federal law enforcement...and they like accounting back grounds. Became an accountant, and oddly enjoyed it, working in a ski resort setting...skipped law enforcement. Then after 18 years took a job in professional auto racing.
Life's funny. Do what you love if you can, and do what you can to pay the bills when you can't. Just keep swimming.

<----was offered an engineering scholarship, decided I wanted to go for pre-med(while playing hockey and lacrosse). Hockey conflicted with pre-med goals. Long story short, didn't end with pre-med or hockey long term, got a degree in sociology and russian. Thought I'd do federal law enforcement...and they like accounting back grounds. Became an accountant, and oddly enjoyed it, working in a ski resort setting...skipped law enforcement. Then after 18 years took a job in professional auto racing.
Life's funny. Do what you love if you can, and do what you can to pay the bills when you can't. Just keep swimming.
Former aerospace engineering student here... and at Mississippi State (where I went), they call it "Pre-Business" for a reason, which is exactly where I ended up with a management degree when it was all said and done, thinking I'd be a restaurant manager. Now 10 years later, I've settled into life as a supervisor at a medical billing company. Life wouldn't be a very fun journey if it didn't have some twists and turns, now would it? :)

That’s true. Civil engineering goal, that school didn’t pan out to be for me. Struggled badly there and was forced into another major. Transferred this past semester and feel better. Just torn between what my next step should be.

If I was there on April 22nd I would totally do this.

I would too, but I think DH would frown upon me skipping out on our 20th wedding anniversary cruiseo_O

News

Saw on Twitter that Volcano Bay single day tickets went up from $67 to $80.

Yikes! That's too high. It's a great park, but that's a big hard to swallow. However, I bet most people have an AP or have the 3 park tickets.

Was... that’s a long story though...

I was a ChemE major at one point. It wasn’t what I thought or wanted so I switched to chemistry. I was much happier. Now I do something unrelated in pharmaceutical research.

It happens.

Former aerospace engineering student here... and at Mississippi State (where I went)

Hail State!!

I'm a MSU grad myself. Graduated from the College of Business with a degree in Business Information Systems.

That’s true. Civil engineering goal, that school didn’t pan out to be for me. Struggled badly there and was forced into another major. Transferred this past semester and feel better. Just torn between what my next step should be.

I think that happens to a lot of people. I started out in Computer Science, but that turned out to not be for me. I enjoy programming, but CS was on a whole other level that didn't fit for me.

My impression from your work here is that you have excellent organizational and leadership skills. Those are valued in all professions.

....we all have that long story, that's why we all like to go hang out in fantasyland every once in a while.

Sort of back on topic.
On our recent visit I was surprised by a few things, after reading so much here.

In hall of presidents, I didn't think the representation of trump was any worse than any of our most recent presidents.
Club 33 is in a really cool spot, I thought it was on the treehouse side of adventureland for some reason. It has great real estate to see the hub/castle, where it is.
I notice the audio on the people mover was modified, removing the Stitch audio when you go through the section by stitch's great escape.
Mobile ordering works great, hit "i'm here" as soon as you see the restaurant.
Tried watching happily ever after from the trains station.....it was a bit of a fail. Could see the castle, but couldn't "feel" the show.
Sorcerors of the magic kingdom, is a good way to add 10 miles a day to your trip(many portals had issues).
Avatar does add a lot of time. Expect at least 1/2 day extra time in AK compared to pre-pandora trips.

I started out at a state school in nursing. After 1 semester came home and went to our community college. I stayed in Nursing for that one semester. Then switched the to Early Childhood education, Business Management and then Office Administration. I got a degree on how to be a secretary. I swore up and down I was never going to work a desk job. After working at a daycare until I had my kids I switched to an office job. I know work with students going to college. We give out several scholarships to area kids. You will find what you will want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter