News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

And Disney makes it's move to an entire magic band based economy.

You know - people must buy these like crazy with all the different styles they crank out. I don't get it myself, because (a) the batteries wear out after 2-3 years and (b) if the special ones face/degrade as bad as the ones they give out you are left with a non-functioning ugly MB in 3 years.

You know - people must buy these like crazy with all the different styles they crank out. I don't get it myself, because (a) the batteries wear out after 2-3 years and (b) if the special ones face/degrade as bad as the ones they give out you are left with a non-functioning ugly MB in 3 years.
Well I have 20.... the battery portion only functions for stuff like on ride photos. The park entry and FP touchpoint operations never runs out.

Well I have 20.... the battery portion only functions for stuff like on ride photos. The park entry and FP touchpoint operations never runs out.

Well whatever...I don't buy pins, I don't buy vinylmations, I don't buy Magic Bands...basically anything that is just to collect something for the sake of collecting it. I have too much stuff in my house already - don't need stuff just for stuffs sake. (Yes, I realize this makes me a bad american.)

Well whatever...I don't buy pins, I don't buy vinylmations, I don't buy Magic Bands...basically anything that is just to collect something for the sake of collecting it. I have too much stuff in my house already - don't need stuff just for stuffs sake. (Yes, I realize this makes me a bad american.)
Yeah I was a heavy vinylmation collector too....

I try to bring one magicband for each day of my trip so I have variety and so they get used.

Kind of with you there. I was collecting Hard Rock Cafe pins for a while, as my wife and I traveled internationally for work from time to time. But even that got to be a bit ridiculous.

Now I just sit back and enjoy vacations and watch folks shop like crazy. :D

I have never bought a Magic Band. None of them have ever stood out that I really wanted. This sat just might make me buy one. I lave the Lion King one and Peter Pan.

I collect Disney souvenirs on a small scale, but I can't justify over $30 for a Magic Band. I'd definitely buy one or two if they were $9.99, but I know that'll never happen. So I guess I'll stick with the occasional coffee mug or baseball.

I saw yesterday that Jim Hall referenced "Disney Cinemagine Park" as the new Hollywood Studios name on a podcast recently, even suggesting it could be changed as early as the TSL rollout... any confirmation on that? Personally, (and I think this was discussed a lot when it was first suggested, so please excuse me if this is old news), I think they could have done better in naming it...
I know we've discussed this before, but I hate that name... did they really settle on this one? Wonder how many people will call it "Cinemagic" instead of "Cinemagine"? Ugh.

Sold our wedding magic bands for MUCH more than I expected. I figured they were worth 20 bucks and a cold sandwich. There's a collector for everything.

Sold our wedding magic bands for MUCH more than I expected. I figured they were worth 20 bucks and a cold sandwich. There's a collector for everything.
You should see what people have offered me for some of the monorail accessories that are no longer made. It will make your head spin. Cheap pieces of brittle plastic for a toy that is so poorly designed it has an expected lifespan of about 10 hours if you don't figure out how to replace the gears.

I have never bought a Magic Band. None of them have ever stood out that I really wanted. This sat just might make me buy one. I lave the Lion King one and Peter Pan.

I've seen ones that I'd like to have. But I've never bought one. While the low effort is great, I much prefer to just convert the free ones into a customized one I made. They mean a lot more and I can make them exactly how I want. I'm a hoarder and bad about collecting things so I've tried to stay away from MBs. One thing that's made it easy though is that there isn't really a good way to display them, which is kind of the point in collecting things IMO. I do currently have about 40 bands linked together and draped across the top of my living room window from the two ends of the curtain rod. I'm sure my parents would be proud.

I felt the same as you until version 2 came out. You can take out the old puck and put in a current one which should mean you can keep the band and just change the puck when the battery dies. At least I think it can work that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter