News Round Up 2017

I noticed this morning as we are heading for the long weekend. It's the second time they've changed MK hours in the past month for this day. They originally extended opening from 9am to 8am (cramping our sleep style! We fly in Friday night.)

I guess they are expecting big MK crowds!
There will be large crowds on property overall with it being Pandora opening weekend.

News

Starting in August the 3:00PM parade is moving to 2:00PM at Magic Kingdom.

The first time we brought our girls to MK we got to our room around 1pm. We decided to spend the $40 for an additional day and went to MK. Got there just in time for the parade to end at the entrance. My girls thought it was awesome that "everyone" came to meet them as they walked in :)

This is interesting, even beyond this President. With the way society is polarized these days, it's very likely the next President could be just as controversial, and the next after that.

Could the attraction itself turn into a lightning rod or a constant protest location?
its really simple folks. there is no controversy or conspiracy. The President has been unwilling or too busy to sit for half and hour and read a scripted speech for an attraction and the question is now. do we wait and extend the refurb or open on schedule? sorry but these days everyone thinks the worst when it's really that simple. I know someone who works imagineering and they have been complaining about it for the last month.

If they use the same performers, they would need a break and then possibly change makeup. Also, they could expect people sitting rather early, so maybe get the first parade over so they can prepare the area for the 2nd parade or future nighttime parade.
probably not a night time parade as parties start in august and go through december.

Clearly it isn't your job to suck every last dollar out of WDW guests. Oops. Sorry, meant to say "provide them with a unique and memorable seasonal experience."
I'm not the only one that is thinking that, and I don't understand why you had to comment in that way.

I guess we will find out why the 3 p.m. parade was moved to 2 p.m. at a later date, but I keep thinking that this is probably the reason why now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter