News Round Up 2017

NEWS I think..
New resident 3 and 4 day pass being offered at a higher price that doesn't exclude AK for the first week of Pandora....
199 for 3 days, 226 for 4 days......

Maybe with the extra hour people will forget that they are watching the same parade over again when they roll out FoF at 9PM.....................

I checked the MDE app and starting Aug 20th it shows Festival of Fantasy at 2PM instead of 3PM. The app only goes out to Nov 18th as of today but I spot checked it through then and it was showing at 2PM each day I checked so it looks like it is not just a temporary change.

Didn't they move some of the Move it, Shake it parades to be earlier to allow for crowds getting ready for HAE - could this just be a trickle down effect and now everything had to slot a little earlier?

Didn't they move some of the Move it, Shake it parades to be earlier to allow for crowds getting ready for HAE - could this just be a trickle down effect and now everything had to slot a little earlier?
Yes but I don't think people are saving spots at 3. Move it shake it still performs after 3.

Earlier when it had just been posted here about the change in parade time 'My Itinerary' on my personal MDE account hadn't been updated with the new time but I just checked and got this message:
upload_2017-5-22_18-5-8.png

Once you click on the "Please choose another time" this popped up:
upload_2017-5-22_18-6-44.png

I must say that I'm glad to know this before my FP+ date.

Yes but I don't think people are saving spots at 3. Move it shake it still performs after 3.

no, i know that ... I meant that because Movie it Shake it moved earlier everything before it had to move up to allow for enough time between the end of FoP and the start of the next Move it Shake it

I don't know, grasping at straws

no, i know that ... I meant that because Movie it Shake it moved earlier everything before it had to move up to allow for enough time between the end of FoP and the start of the next Move it Shake it

I don't know, grasping at straws
The only thing I've heard that makes sense is with all of the Halloween parties and Christmas parties that close the parks early they wanted people to start to leave MK earlier. So move up the parade an hour and people will start to leave after that.

The only thing I've heard that makes sense is with all of the Halloween parties and Christmas parties that close the parks early they wanted people to start to leave MK earlier. So move up the parade an hour and people will start to leave after that.

makes sense and fits with the timing since I think the first Halloween party starts at the end of August

You don't seem to understand me at all...all due respect...so this analysis is a bit off target.

I criticizebDisney's management decisions much more so than what's going on in the parks day to day.

But I can separate that stance from what works and what doesn't.

The NFL is a success/works...but it's not a well done project...it doesn't really add anything unique/memorable and that is a failure in management and execution or ulterior motives.

But it has drawn people and developed a following...so it works from an operational standpoint. However the ends do not justify the means.

What is the history of AK?

Let's go over it:
"Forced" by Eisner against the wishes of many upper managers and board members for many valid reasons...notably maintenance costs and difficulty selling animals across all demographics...

Built, but shortened and opened prematurely in a silly PR stunt with the lesser completion, so opened as a half park (a late Eisner signature move...he only built one full park)...

So that was apparent in 99-2002 and beyond when internal tracking (this is where not all takes are the same) showed that is suffered from multiple problems - including the theme and lack of enough attractions/interest due to many factors to drive a following...bad park design, lack of IP identity, bad word of mouth...etc.

So it fell behind the completely disheveled (honeslty) mgm as park 4 outta 4...and at the ridiculous high operational cost that is hard to swallow and sustain...

It's not all AK's fault...a huge problem is lack of middle class discretionary funds and no vacation to be had...but that is the main problem.

Immersive theming hasnt driven the growth of park attendance since day one. Perhaps if they could effectively budget the park? They never have done that either.

But the fact remains: disney needs to get more gate - making more of a #1
Park out of AK - to justify the costs. Elephants don't stop eating...you can't close them like epcot pavilions...and that is how it has to fit in the puzzle.

Avatar needs to be a step towards that considering the cost and it will take up an entire decade. This really isnt debatable...

Not the end all...but a solid step at a minimum.

A one and done scenario isn't gonna go well with management.

So perhaps, the quip with Mickey gloves and a wave might be underselling the point...in this case?

Oh, I understand you well. I have been around a long time. But, I don't want the newbies to heed your warnings about all the people that are Disney influenced and "too close" to the situations without them also knowing that you are often times just the opposite. You cannot disagree that you are pessimistic as you could be about any news item. You think that you are the "voice of reason" about it and while I agree with you at times, there are also times you just come off as doing it because it is your MO. It is fine to doubt, but to doubt everything does get monotonous. I believe some, doubt others. But, I may have more times to research before I make my decision.

Oh, I understand you well. I have been around a long time. But, I don't want the newbies to heed your warnings about all the people that are Disney influenced and "too close" to the situations without them also knowing that you are often times just the opposite. You cannot disagree that you are pessimistic as you could be about any news item. You think that you are the "voice of reason" about it and while I agree with you at times, there are also times you just come off as doing it because it is your MO. It is fine to doubt, but to doubt everything does get monotonous. I believe some, doubt others. But, I may have more times to research before I make my decision.

Nope...it shot past...you just lectured me for being "anti" without looking at why I usually come off that way...because it's warranted.

That's mainly a "news and rumors" thing...because it's mostly theoretical and/or longterm policy based here. I only really talk on restaurants and the occasional resort or dvc thread. It's here we can really look for new perspectives...that has to be a two way street.

So just let "newbies" decide for themselves, please?

Which means don't infer me a pessimist without reason and I won't infer you as saying that everything disney does Is great.

Because I don't think either one is true. Or fair...

Good idea actually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts