Newbie With Many Questions

LAD1108

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking here for about 2 weeks and I need HELP.

My family (DH, DS sge 8, and myself) are going to Disney World from Sept 21st and leaving Sept 25th (I know, not enough time--but I can't be away too long because I have an elderly mother --also I am an only child and I have no outside help)

I am trying to see as much as I can in the few days we will be there.

Here is my info:

We are Staying at the Beach Club Resort--and have the DDP and Park Hopper.
We land at 10:35 AM

We have ADR's at:
9/21--Coral Reef 4:20PM
9/22--Mama Melrose 3:50PM w/ Fantasmic Package
9/23--Boma 6:50PM
9/24--Yachtman Club 6:20PM

Our plane takes off at 4:35PM on 9/25

My question is what park would you do on each day? I have tried many times to try and figure out which park I should go to on the 1st through 4th day....

I know I am trying to cram in a wks worth in 4.5 days.

We also have 120 Disney reward points---what exactly can I do with the points?

I know I am asking a lot, but I do not have the expertise that you all do and I am trying very hard to make this a really great vacation for my son.

All info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,welcome to the Dis. :sunny:
Sorry I can't answer your question fully but I am sure there are a lot of people on here who can.You may be able to do quite a lot in the time you have because if I remember correctly the parks were not that full when I went in Sept[although that was in 01/02 might be different now]
Hope you have a great trip.
Lyndon

Hi,
Use your rewards points card to pay for souvenirs in all the gift shops. It will be rung up just like a credit card and each receipt will tell you how many points you have left to use. I use my all the time, we live near by WDW and go all the time. I think some restaurants honor it too, but not sure. I'm sure you could easily use it up on souvenirs.

I dont know which week days you will be here, but since you are staying on disney property you will be able to enter a certain park an hour before the people who are NOT staying on property. it is an extra perk for their guests. Your hotel will tell you which day is what park. That gives you an extra hour to enjoy.
It use to be Magic Kingdom was on saturday. i f it still is, DONT go that day!!!
MK is super busy every saturday. Most locals go there on saturday and it will be very crowded!!! Go any day but saturday there.
ALWAYS be to the park about 10 minutes before it opens so you will have a couple hours before it starts to get busy.
Use the fast pass for the most popular rides so you wont waste time waiting in lines. Back of your park map will explain it to you if you dont know about it.
If you dont know which rides have the longest lines, please PM me and I will tell you for each park which ones to go to first and use fast passes to get the most for your day.
We are there 5 or 6 times a month, so I do know my way around. My son works for WDW too, so if you have a question i cant answer he will be able to answer it for sure.

I hope this helps some. Feel free to PM me for more questions you may have.
September is a great time to go because the crowds have started to thin out some.
mom x4,grandma x4

COMFORTABLE SHOES!!! Get hold of the Unnofficial Guide to Walt Disney World. Can be bought (used) cheaply on half.com or amazon.com. Maps, touring plans and tons of info. GOOD LUCK and have a Ball! :Pinkbounc :rotfl: :bounce:

Welcome to the Wonderful World of "DIS"! :wave2: Even though your going to be there a short time make sure you schedule some R&R OTHERWISE YOUR GOING TO BE EXHAUSTED!

If you start your day early and use the fastpass system you can do AK by lunchtime or a little after.
We only spent half a day in MGM on our last trip.
We spent an entire day in MK, we did a lot pf people watching and enjoyed the park. We did not do a lot of rides until evening EMH, by then most of the little once were out of the parks and the lines were short. Epcot is our favorite and we spent 2 days there. Evening at Epcot is really nice. Check touringplans, allearsnet, and wdwinfo to see best and worst days for you to go to each park. Sorry I cannot give you the direct links - I have been lurking for 8 months but just started posting. Enjoy your trip!!

Take a deep breath and slowly let it out.... whewwwwwwwww!!! So far you have been given some excellent advice on where to turn for information. There is a great deal to see when you go to Disney. BUT, remember this is your vacation - take your time, relax, look around, take some pictures, ride the rides. No, you won't see everthing but if you do your research on both DIS and read the books you will know what highlights you want to start with. Disney is such a magical place - it can be a working vacation or a relaxing one. It looks like you have a couple of fun events planned. Enjoy!! Remember, the Disboards are free and we all love to share from our experiences so feel free to ask lots of questions.
Personally, a trip to MK isn't complete without going on Buzz Lightyear with my DD and we usually save MGM for a cold or rainy day.
Again, welcome to DIS! :wave2:

P.S. Don't forget to get your lime green mickey's from Home Depot.

Check out www.touringplans.com It's part of the Unofficial Guide book/info. You can view most of their info without paying to sign up for the actual touring plans themselves. They've got charts there with historical attendance patterns as well as which days are best for which parks.

Most of all, have FUN !

You did not say whether or not you requested a rewards card. You can do this very easilyon line. That's the first step. Then you transfer points to the card. I usually give the rewards card to the CM at checkin at your resort. They can load the points on to your room key which you can then use to buy "most" anything. If you don't want to do that, use it like a debit card for "most" anything in WDW. You may not be able to use it at a non-Disney owned restaurant or store. Everything you need to know is on the Chase website under "manage rewards". The most important thing to know is that the card expires (date detailed on the card itself). Any points left on the card would expire with it. (I don't think you will have a hard time spending $120 at WDW.) If you requested a card today, I believe it would expire Dec. 2007. If I am ever in that bind (leftover points on expiring rewards card), I go to my local Disney store and buy Disney dollars which do not expire. Hope that helps.

Welcome to the DIS!! Have a great short trip.

Welcome! your family is going to have a great trip! remember to take lots of pictures :)

DH and I once did all four parks in 2 days (YIKES!) in September. This is how we did it. We went through the list of rides and park maps and wrote down all the "must do" things. Day 1, we did AK/MK and Day 2 we did MGM/Epcot. Parks can be done in a half day if you are going during a slow time of year, don't see the shows/parades, and run from one attraction to the next :rotfl: . I have never seen the FastPass working during my September trips since the crowds were so low (however this was the week after labor day which is typically really slow at Disney).

Relax, make a list of everything you MUST do, wear comfy shoes, use the last day to shop or do anything you may have missed (if you are leaving a 4:30 and taking ME it will pick you up around 1:30), and have a blast!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter