New Top Gun 2: Maverick trailer is released

Yes, the movie has been delayed forever. Yes, Tom Cruise seems to be a few french fries short of a happy meal, and yes, it may well be a retread of the same story line…..but shucks if I didn’t get chills hearing the music and seeing the jets. See, my sister and I loved the original.. She’s been gone almost nine years……I will be laying down my money at the box office and watching it for us both!

I haven't been in a movie theatre since before the pandemic. And I only remembered how much I loved going to movie theatres during my teens & twenties when I started going to the theatre again a few years ago.

Top Gun 2 will be my first movie back. I hope it's enough like the first movie so it will be good, splashy visually, exciting, have the bonging music that was iconic in the first movie.

The one thing I like about Tom despite his questionable religious beliefs is that for the most part he stays out of politics and keeps to himself. His movies are always entertaining. I go to movies to be entertained and nothing more.

Yes, whatever his problems & choices in real life, he's always been known to make great choices when it comes to movie scripts. I hope that part of him is still there.

The wait is over!

The reviews have been phenomenal for Top Gun: Maverick! :cheer2:

Rotten Tomatoes gives it 97%.

IMDB.com: 14K viewers give it an 8.7 out of 10.

Lots of newspaper & magazine reviews are raving about the movie. That it's been worth the wait.

My ABC local news movie critic is raving about it. The sports news anchor he went to see the movie with has seen it twice already. They say it's a must see on a big screen.

I'll probably see this in a few weeks when the crowds die down. popcorn::

Who else is going?

Friends went to a special IMAX showing last night. They say IMAX is the way to see the movie, if it is available in your area. Unfortunately, no IMAX near me.

Is this a Disney movie? Trailers I've watched now seemed to be a lot of forced corny kid like jokes. The trailers remind me of the Disney Star Wars movies. I was hoping for something good. Theaters are too expensive to just put hope on it's going to be good and I'm not wasting $60 taking the family to see a Disney kids' movie.

I won't pay to watch anything Tom Cruise is in. Not a fan of him personally.
Not a fan of him personally either, but I do enjoy his acting even though he turned into a one trick pony.

The wait is over!

The reviews have been phenomenal for Top Gun: Maverick! :cheer2:

Rotten Tomatoes gives it 97%.

IMDB.com: 14K viewers give it an 8.7 out of 10.

Lots of newspaper & magazine reviews are raving about the movie. That it's been worth the wait.

My ABC local news movie critic is raving about it. The sports news anchor he went to see the movie with has seen it twice already. They say it's a must see on a big screen.

I'll probably see this in a few weeks when the crowds die down. popcorn::

Who else is going?
And that should do it for me. Raving reviews from media usually means I'm not going to like the movie, LOL.

No interest. Have always found T. Cruise acts with a one dimensional wise guy personality. Just gets old after several movies. Don't know the storyline, but isn't he a bit old to play the part of a fighter pilot?

Last edited:
Dh and I saw it Tues night. (Cinemark had special first showing in IMAX)
Theater was full.

I loved it! It was a great movie. I usually enjoy Tom Cruise movies because he is excellent in what he does. I don’t worry about his personal life.

Enjoyed seeing Maverick again. There were some cheers and a some laughs along the way. When they started talking about Top Gun 2 years ago, I thought it was a ridiculous idea. I was wrong and it works very well.

I actually hope to see again at some point before it leaves theaters, which is something I never do.

As far a being a kids movie- it doesn’t have as much attention on the romance in this movie. My DS7 wouldn’t have to cover his eyes much for this movie as he would the first one.

It was a movie that everyone seemed to leave the theater happy to have seen it.
1653647793154.gif

I will see this once the movie is out for a few weeks. I have been looking forward to it!

Don't know the storyline, but isn't he a bit old to play the part of a fighter pilot?

I haven't seen the latest movie yet, but without giving anything away, (no one else give it away either, :ssst: ) the premise is Cruise plays a fighter pilot instructor. "Top Gun" is the nickname of the very real fighter pilot school in Miramar, CA, where the best of the best fighter pilot students from around the U.S. are hand-picked to train before being sent out into real combat as the elite U.S. fighter jet teams.

Well, who do you get to train the best of the best - especially for a delicate, strategic military operation that has to go perfectly, as they may get only one chance at stopping World War 3 from ever starting? Obviously someone who's the best of the best of the best, who's already been in that situation. :rolleyes1 🛫

I get what you mean about Tom Cruise playing the same type of roles over and over. Yet a plethora of favorite actors do that too. The up side is that we know what to expect if we want to watch a certain type of movie. Disregarding how crazy his real life choices are, Tom Cruise's real talent is his ability to pick good scripts that are action adventure, have an intelligent story to follow, so they aren't all just shooting everything in sight. They have some harrowing, edge of your seat adventure, while the hero is emotionally and physically vulnerable, keeping him relatable. There is enough high tech gadgetry to keep things fresh, exciting and used to provide interesting plot twists, and the movie will predictably end on a feel-good high note.
535d3eb7.gif
2230f80c.gif
High_Five.gif
StandingOvation.GIF

This movie was originally set to release back in 2020. But due to the pandemic going on and on and on, this movie was delayed, delayed, delayed. :headache: Many reviewers have said this may have turned out to be a more perfect time for the movie release. As (the worst of) the pandemic seems to be over and we are able to get out and about and congregating together again, many of us need a big, splashy, good, feel-good movie to be out celebrating with. :cheer2:

I have purposely been waiting for this to be my first movie back in a movie theatre, if it turned out good. 🤞 It seems to be worth the wait. :woohoo:

Last edited:
For those of you who've seen it, what about the music? Is there any new music? The music in the first movie was such a great soundtrack with "Danger Zone" and "Take My Breath Away" that really helped make the movie. Yet, in the various reviews I skimmed through, no one mentioned anything about if there is any music or soundtrack that is special to this movie.

Here is the original trailer, shown back in July 2019. At the first iconic bong of the theme song, many of us were in back then. :hyper:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter