New shampoo/conditioner/body wash containers

I think it’s cheap. I think it’s also short sighted. Most people recycle shampoo bottles - especially when you are at Disney World because they have green recycle cans in the room. What people don’t recycle they take home and use or see and are constantly reminded about their trip and fond memories. Or as some noted they donate to rescue homes or other causes. Or they leave them in the room and Disney isn’t out anything.

Just add this to the long list of cut experiences and cost hikes.

But anyone who is thinking their beloved deluxe resorts won’t have this happen is just fooling themselves. You’ll be next.

I realize I am very in the minority, but I won't mind, almost welcome it. Getting the soap out of the tiny bottles was a pain in the butt sometimes. :)

If I find I like the scent that much, I'm sure I can buy it somewhere.

And this is not your argument, but for those worried about people tampering with the bottles, I just don't think it's that big of a concern?

First, they'd have to do it on the last day of their trip, or they would be harmed by it themselves.
Second, their parents would have to condone it, assuming it's teens/kids who do it.
Third, they would really have to just suck at being people!

I just don't think there are that many mean-spirited people out there.

I read a comment on a non Dis website about a guest having difficulty using the new pumps due to osteoarthritis in the hands, or another limitation using the pumps due to a physical disability. Another poster suggested you could explain the issue to the front desk and they will supply the original little bottles. My experience has been Disney is very inclusive and accommodating to individuals living with any kind of disability. I hope that continues and that the bottles are provided in a way that the dignity of the guests with this need is respected.

I read a comment on a non Dis website about a guest having difficulty using the new pumps due to osteoarthritis in the hands, or another limitation using the pumps due to a physical disability. Another poster suggested you could explain the issue to the front desk and they will supply the original little bottles. My experience has been Disney is very inclusive and accommodating to individuals living with any kind of disability. I hope that continues and that the bottles are provided in a way that the dignity of the guests with this need is respected.
After using both methods, I have to say that it is much easier to use the wall mounted pumps vs the little bottles. I always have an issue getting product out of the little bottles!!!!

But anyone who is thinking their beloved deluxe resorts won’t have this happen is just fooling themselves. You’ll be next.

I'm already not going to stay on site after this trip because of several other things Disney has changed that have cheapened the resort experience. I know I am not alone. I have a lot of money to spend, but I am not going to light it on fire either, certainly not for a cheap hotel experience at deluxe prices. If a hotel is no longer deluxe, I no longer want to stay there. Disney has to make it worth my while. Maybe I sound like a snot, but I want a deluxe experience on my vacation and I am willing to pay for it. The hotel that provides that for me gets my money. I'm hardly the only person who feels this way.

I'm already not going to stay on site after this trip because of several other things Disney has changed that have cheapened the resort experience. I know I am not alone. I have a lot of money to spend, but I am not going to light it on fire either, certainly not for a cheap hotel experience at deluxe prices. If a hotel is no longer deluxe, I no longer want to stay there. Disney has to make it worth my while. Maybe I sound like a snot, but I want a deluxe experience on my vacation and I am willing to pay for it. The hotel that provides that for me gets my money. I'm hardly the only person who feels this way.

What deluxe resort were you at that you don't feel lived up to your expectations?

You are correct. Most people are not mean spirited. But some are.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...spensers-at-detroit-metro-airport-sources-say

Chances of it happening, though? Really small, I think.

The perp in the story you posted very well could have been a disgruntled airport employee. Employees at Disney could be disgruntled too, but there are way easier and just as gross things the housekeepers could do to your room. From a guest perspective, it wouldn’t make a ton of sense for someone to spend $2, 3, 400+ with plans to do some evil tampering to the shampoo.

Also, people really can do gross/unsanitary things everywhere, if you think about it. We live in a disgusting world. The shampoo bottle is most likely not the filthiest thing you’ll encounter during a day at Disney.

If people want to bring their own products for whatever reason, that’s cool. I just don’t have as much of a worry regarding tampering as some others.

What deluxe resort were you at that you don't feel lived up to your expectations?

To butt in, none of the rooms in I've stayed in in any of the deluxe resorts are truly deluxe. They are mid-level quality, and the bathrooms are lower than that. What you pay for in a deluxe Disney resort is convenience - it's incredibly convenient to stay at a monorail resort or at a boardwalk resort because of the close proximity to the parks, and that alone will keep Disney deluxe resorts in demand. Deluxe resort grounds are also lovely, and the pools at the YC/BC and Poly are particularly good. That being said, since discovering the Four Seasons Orlando, the deluxe resorts have lost almost all appeal for me. Four Seasons provides busing to all parks and the rooms and you get 60 day FP+ selections as well. FS beds, and bathrooms are far superior in comfort and quality and their multiple pools and pool-side service is better than anything I've experienced at Disney deluxe resorts as well. The price varies but is often a good deal more than AKL, a bit more than YC/BC/BWI, about the same as Poly/CR, and less than GF, which makes staying there for me a no-brainer. We are talking specifically "deluxe" resorts here - value or moderate resorts would be a different conversation.

To butt in, none of the rooms in I've stayed in in any of the deluxe resorts are truly deluxe. They are mid-level quality, and the bathrooms are lower than that. What you pay for in a deluxe Disney resort is convenience - it's incredibly convenient to stay at a monorail resort or at a boardwalk resort because of the close proximity to the parks, and that alone will keep Disney deluxe resorts in demand. Deluxe resort grounds are also lovely, and the pools at the YC/BC and Poly are particularly good. That being said, since discovering the Four Seasons Orlando, the deluxe resorts have lost almost all appeal for me. Four Seasons provides busing to all parks and the rooms and you get 60 day FP+ selections as well. FS beds, and bathrooms are far superior in comfort and quality and their multiple pools and pool-side service is better than anything I've experienced at Disney deluxe resorts as well. The price varies but is often a good deal more than AKL, a bit more than YC/BC/BWI, about the same as Poly/CR, and less than GF, which makes staying there for me a no-brainer. We are talking specifically "deluxe" resorts here - value or moderate resorts would be a different conversation.

While I agree with you about the deluxe not really being deluxe, the poster I quoted seems to feel they have changed in some way. That the deluxe resorts are not currently worth the cost when they were in the past. I'm wondering what has changed.

Good question - sorry for missing your point. For me, who is fortunate enough to have vacationed at Disney World many times, every decision is a sum of many small things. I can't recall many differences between deluxe rooms 10 years ago and today - perhaps there are many and they just didn't bother me (we never rent a car, so parking doesn't affect me, for instance) - but the shower-mounted toiletries do bother me. That will factor into my future decisions about where to stay. I am curious what changes others have noted at deluxe resorts.

So we (as adults) have been staying Deluxe every few years since 2000. Mostly at Yacht/Beach.

As someone who is a fan of the new decor, I can honestly say the only changes I've noticed are for the better.

I will say we are pretty easy going so if little things have disappeared, we most likely didn't notice! :)

Now the parks are a different story...Epcot just saddens me. Luckily it seems it will finally start getting the attention it deserves!

Maybe I am older than you. :) But I remember many articles in many newspapers that said Segways were the "wave of the future."

Again, hotels are subject to market forces. And guests wanting a deluxe hotel experience will vote with their dollars.

I'm old enough to remember when hotels used to replace your towels every day. Then they all changed to only replacing them if you asked or put them in a specific place to request that (e.g., into the tub) because it was more environmentally friendly. Everyone said then that they were only doing it because it saved them money not because of the environment and that upper end hotels would continue to provide fresh towels daily because people expected that from those types of hotels. It's now a standard. It sounds a lot like what's happening with the toiletries - they say it's an environmental issue and maybe it is but I think it's really driven by cost. I think deluxe and high end hotels will be the last to follow but I think they will eventually. A Segway never saved anyone money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter