New shampoo/conditioner/body wash containers

I just don't understand people actually using the complimentary soap and shampoo at all. Don't you bring your regular stuff from home? Frankly I tried using the H2O stuff last week (the sea marine) and I was NOT impressed. Smelled gross (like medicine) and didn't do a thing for my skin or hair.

As for the ick factor of using shared bottles...meh. Not even a blip on the radar for me. I am all for limiting waste.

Never bring my own body wash from home. Whatever the hotel has is fine with me. We stay deluxe, so it will still be bottles. I find the bottles are harder to get the soap out of actually - would love the dispensers. I trust myself to notice if someone replaced the soap with Nair or hair dye. :rotfl:

I do bring my own lotion (my addiction - expensive body butters and lotion) and my own hair product for curly hair.

It doesn't work like it is supposed to because of the awful Florida water. If you tried it at home with different water, you'd get a different result.

What? I live in Florida and manage to get my shampoo to work every day...

Disney deluxe resorts prices start at around $350 per night and go up to the multiple thousands of dollars, for a suite, per night. Why, unless you have a dermatological condition , would you NOT want to use what you have paid many pennies for???? Are you just picky, or, do you think that’s not part of your reservation fee? Also, do you bring your own sheets, towels, toilet paper, Kleenex and hand soap? They would be very interesting if you did. I definitely don’t think you’re the average Disney guest because if so, they would have come to the realization that guests need no toiletries whatsoever and done away with them on your behalf! :rotfl2:
Maybe you are staying at a value or a moderate. Those rates are much lower, so I can see it not being as big of an issue. But for a guest paying TOP DOLLARS for a deluxe resort experience, a dispenser on the wall seems pretty tacky and cheap. And they have no room to be so cheap when we are paying luxury resort prices! I’ll consider using a dispenser when they refund $ per person for not using the tiny toiletries!:wizard:
(Kind of like the people who decline housekeeping for $10. By the way, I’ll never decline housekeeping.... I’m on vacation, I paid for a clean room, I’m not making a bed or picking up wet towels. Regardless of what you think of having that option, WDW is still making a lot of money per room per night! $$$$$ is their bottom line)

You do realize that you're not paying top dollar for the Disney deluxe resorts because of anything to do with the resorts themselves - you're paying for the location. For the price you pay for a room at a deluxe on site, you could get an actual luxury hotel room many other places in the world, with much better amenities and products. That top dollar is because it's Disney, nothing more.

You do realize that you're not paying top dollar for the Disney deluxe resorts because of anything to do with the resorts themselves - you're paying for the location. For the price you pay for a room at a deluxe on site, you could get an actual luxury hotel room many other places in the world, with much better amenities and products. That top dollar is because it's Disney, nothing more.
Location location location! That statement is true for all of those other luxury hotels you are referring to as well. Fancy sheets, soap and Starbucks in room coffee would mean nothing if the hotel is not in an awesome location. Beating heart of a big city, overlooking a river or ocean, walking distance of museums and tourist attractions or conveniently located at a WDW property. They’re all expensively the same: they want people to feel good about where they are staying.
If I’m enjoying where I’m staying, why would I need to go somewhere else just for sheets or soap that might cost more? Those things would not matter if it wasn’t where I wanted to spend my time. I’m staying at a Disney resort because that entire experience (Including the tiny soaps) is part of what makes my familie’s disney vacation magical!:tinker:

Last edited:

No it had nothing to do with tone. Various comments you made were on the snooty side but okie dokie.
These boards are based on opinions. Many opinions. Not just one opinion. I stated my opinion, but disagree with being judged for it and called snooty. Resorting to name calling because you don’t like what someone has said seems really out of place.

My hair looks different and reacts to shampoo at home very differently than while in Florida, unless Hotel has water softener system.

These boards are based on opinions. Many opinions. Not just one opinion. I stated my opinion, but disagree with being judged for it and called snooty. Resorting to name calling because you don’t like what someone has said seems really out of place.
I didn't name call you lol I said your comments were on the snooty side and they were. Sorry you decided that was name calling you.

If you'd like me to break it down for you I will:

~Disney deluxe resorts prices start at around $350 per night and go up to the multiple thousands of dollars, for a suite, per night.
What you pay for a hotel room has little bearing on choosing to bring stuff from home.

~would you NOT want to use what you have paid many pennies for???? Are you just picky, or, do you think that’s not part of your reservation fee?
Why infer that because someone uses something from home they are automatically picky. Furthermore why see that as a con?

~Also, do you bring your own sheets, towels, toilet paper, Kleenex and hand soap?
Nice hyperbole...real nice. All because someone said they bring their own toiletries to a hotel.

~I definitely don’t think you’re the average Disney guest because if so, they would have come to the realization that guests need no toiletries whatsoever and done away with them on your behalf!
Quite a leap in your conclusion of the poster's words.

~Maybe you are staying at a value or a moderate. Those rates are much lower, so I can see it not being as big of an issue.
There we go again with cost. So appearantly someone staying at a Value or Moderate is of a different class of a person? Someone staying at a Deluxe would never ever want to bring toiletries from home. Gotcha

~But for a guest paying TOP DOLLARS for a deluxe resort experience, a dispenser on the wall seems pretty tacky and cheap.
There we go again with cost.

~And they have no room to be so cheap when we are paying luxury resort prices!
I guess people's experiences elsewhere paying $$$ with dispensers means you won't be staying there then.

~I’ll consider using a dispenser when they refund $ per person for not using the tiny toiletries!
Scratch that you answered the above question I had

~(Kind of like the people who decline housekeeping for $10.
Gee rude much? Just what in tarnation is wrong with people opting out of housekeeping?

~By the way, I’ll never decline housekeeping.... I’m on vacation, I paid for a clean room, I’m not making a bed or picking up wet towels.
Well I'll be darned. Guess other people can't possible be ok with also have a clean room but not care about a daily made bed or heavens wet towels! the horror.

All the poster you quoted said is "I always take my own Toiletries. I have never used hotel supplied items... except for hand soap. I don't see this as a negative" You're the one who decided to bring variables into it that were not even part of the person's comment.

The sea marine smelled like medicine to me. A very strong off putting medicinal scent. I haven't smelled the grapefruit one but I typically don't care for grapefruit as a scent so I'm out of luck there. I am kicking myself for not picking up a jar of the citrus salt scrub from Basin at DS while we were there though. That stuff was awesome!
That is so funny! I can barely smell anything, and def not strong scent. Same with the Bergamot Grapefruit. Very faint smell to me. Barely smell a thing. I have a friend who is very scent sensitive. She can smell if I had used perfume early in the morning when I see her at night. And I use very little.

Location location location! That statement is true for all of those other luxury hotels you are referring to as well. Fancy sheets, soap and Starbucks in room coffee would mean nothing if the hotel is not in an awesome location. Beating heart of a big city, overlooking a river or ocean, walking distance of museums and tourist attractions or conveniently located at a WDW property. They’re all expensively the same: they want people to feel good about where they are staying.
If I’m enjoying where I’m staying, why would I need to go somewhere else just for sheets or soap that might cost more? Those things would not matter if it wasn’t where I wanted to spend my time. I’m staying at a Disney resort because that entire experience (Including the tiny soaps) is part of what makes my familie’s disney vacation magical!:tinker:

I disagree that all of the other places mentioned are all about location and not the quality of the product. We frequently stay at Mandarin Oriental properties, and recently stayed at one that probably runs around the same price per night as somewhere like, say, the Beach Club per night. The quality of the product - everything from the hotel itself to the pool to the room to the amenities for my kids - was far superior to anything you get at Disney.

I think my point is that you're talking about paying top dollar at Disney and saying that's one of the reasons that the dispensers look tacky, and I'm saying that the price you're paying has nothing to do with soap dispensers or any other amenity, it's all to do with location. That's where the price, to many people, is justifiable.

I disagree that all of the other places mentioned are all about location and not the quality of the product. We frequently stay at Mandarin Oriental properties, and recently stayed at one that probably runs around the same price per night as somewhere like, say, the Beach Club per night. The quality of the product - everything from the hotel itself to the pool to the room to the amenities for my kids - was far superior to anything you get at Disney.

I think my point is that you're talking about paying top dollar at Disney and saying that's one of the reasons that the dispensers look tacky, and I'm saying that the price you're paying has nothing to do with soap dispensers or any other amenity, it's all to do with location. That's where the price, to many people, is justifiable.
For me it’s the whole magical Disney experience. From the “Welcome home!” greeting upon arrival, to the hidden mickeys in the carpet, the fragrance in the lobby, the Twinings Tea in the room (that I drink at home to remind me of our vacation) the little H20 products on the counter ( that when I use at home also remind me of being on vacation) and the magical Disney touches in the artwork on the walls are all part of that. All working together for a Disney deluxe resort experience. That is what my family and I are looking forward to this summer. To us, it’s not just a room, it’s a major part of our whole vacation. Like drinks at Trader SAMs: I’m sure you could pay the same amount of money for a fancy wine at a 5 star hotel, but it won’t come with crashing thunder, lightening and moving pictures like the dark and stormy drink . It’s an experience, not only a location.

I trust myself to notice if someone replaced the soap with Nair or hair dye
That is really all it will take. Someone putting something ridiculous like hair dye in one of those dispensers. Then there will be rage from the masses.

Besides, every environmentally conscious action helps.

I don't believe thats the reasoning behind the dispensers. Thats what they tell you as part of their sales pitch. In reality its all about cost savings. There are numerous biodegradable bottles available. Many soap and shampoo companies have been using them for years. Disney could have switched to them but choose the low cost dispenser route.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter