New shampoo/conditioner/body wash containers

And Disney can always say, everyone else goes it (industry standards).

That’s the stated Disney rationale for parking fees too.

And they would be correct about that too. Doesn't mean I, you, or anyone else has to like it, but it is true.

All that being said, I do hope swapping out individual toiletries with dispensers is something everyone can get past and is able to survive their vacations.

I disagree! Many hotels use their luxury brand toiletries as an added amenity to draw guests. They’ll even list it on their website where guests can read about what amenities are included in each room. Dispenser mounted on shower wall is never listed, but sometimes a pretty picture of them nicely displayed on the counter or vanity is. If guests didn’t want to use them due to plastic waste, all they had to do was NOT use them and leave them on the counter for people who do.

Dispensers on the wall are most certainly not standard for luxury hotels, despite your NYC experience. Hotels are subject to market forces, and the nicer ones will continue to have nice amenities. In fact, go to their websites and they will brag about the brand they are using, etc. There is a reason the Disney deluxes are *not* moving in this direction, so I disagree with your prediction.

I agree with this. I am planning a Manhattan trip. Brand of toiletries is highly touted on hotel websites. I am very sure the upscale toiletry brands are not hanging in the shower wall with gook in the crevices of the holder.
And I am not looking at the four seasons level hotels.

To be fair, you can still put high end product in a wall dispenser. So bragging about the brand they are using doesn't necessarily mean that brand isn't in a dispenser.

Almost all, if not all, do show pretty pics of the bathrooms that show the pretty little bottles on the counter. Luxury bathrooms with little luxury perks are a HUGE draw for guests, otherwise they would not advertise it. So are rainfall showerheads, down pillows/comforters and luxury Egyptian cotton sheets. Higher end coffee in room, certain mattresses, all perks to bring in guests.[/QUOTE]

Almost all, if not all, do show pretty pics of the bathrooms that show the pretty little bottles on the counter. Luxury bathrooms with little luxury perks are a HUGE draw for guests, otherwise they would not advertise it. So are rainfall showerheads, down pillows/comforters and luxury Egyptian cotton sheets. Higher end coffee in room, certain mattresses, all perks to bring in guests.
[/QUOTE]

Yes! How the bathroom looks is right up there with the size of the room on how I settle on a room in NYC. I stay several times a year at different hotels in all corners of nyc. Always had the little bottles.

I didn’t scroll through all, but WDW hotels official room pics on its site uses pretty bathroom photos that include the pretty little bottles on the counter. (Poly, grand and wilderness are the first few I checked, and yes they are there) They would not be part of the photo is they were not an important draw for most potential hotel guests.

Maybe that’s not the case for values and moderates, but I’m glad it is still for the deluxe. It’s a deluxe, not the local ymca locker room!:rotfl2:

Also, my youngest cannot stand in the shower, due to a disability. I hope they don't place them in the roll in showers.

I was just in a Cabin with a roll-in shower and still had the little bottles of stuff. Admittedly the Cabins are not first on refurb lists, but it was nice to see no changes (yet). Wall dispensers are definitely more awkward when you are trying to bath someone else and not bathe yourself at the same time.

No, to save space & weight in luggage I use the H2O provided. The ones in mod & deluxe works fine for me. I do bring an extra leave in conditioner. It’s the water in Florida that leaves my hair icky. I think it’s hard water? Even without added weight from shampoo, conditioner & soap in luggage I barely squeak by under 50lb limit :scared:
Do you bring the extras home with you? The complimentary bottles?

So, if the dispensers were automatic, would that make a difference?

I do not bring my own stuff. it's the water that does the damage, not the product (for me). I love the sea marine stuff, too. I wash my hair and then put it in two braids...otherwise it is just a holy mess.

All that being said, I do hope swapping out individual toiletries with dispensers is something everyone can get past and is able to survive their vacations.

If people simply get past it and don't let Disney know their dissatisfaction then Disney will chip away one step at a time to cheapen guests experiences rather than improve them. Whats next, get rid of carpeting and switch to Motel 6 style bedding in the Values? Oh wait......

If people simply get past it and don't let Disney know their dissatisfaction then Disney will chip away one step at a time to cheapen guests experiences rather than improve them. Whats next, get rid of carpeting and switch to Motel 6 style bedding in the Values? Oh wait......
That is so well said! I look forward to the nice amenities and those little touches are part of my resort vacation experience. The lovely scents in the lobby, the fresh flowers on the lobby counter, the music and pool games by the pool, the in room coffee and tea, the bathroom amenities, the room theming.... those all play into the deluxe resort experience. If any of us were to go to the Four Seasons next door, we would see similar if not even nicer amenities. Certainly not less...and again, a deluxe resort experience. They aren’t just rooms for sleeping.

The ones left in my room kinda jump in my suitcase. Their choice!

If You find yourself having to stay at one of the dispenser resorts you can get the travel size bottles from the travel section of Wal-Mart or your local drugstore and fill with your shampoo from home. Wont take up anymore space or weight in your bag than the courtesy bottles did.

I do this for shampoo and conditioner. Used to love the Disney h2o grapefruit body wash though so I always used all of it at Disney. Seems to have gone bye bye.

If You find yourself having to stay at one of the dispenser resorts you can get the travel size bottles from the travel section of Wal-Mart or your local drugstore and fill with your shampoo from home. Wont take up anymore space or weight in your bag than the courtesy bottles did.
Nah. I go away for a month. WDW is my 2nd stop. My first stay is in S. Fla for 12 days. I’d have to take way too many bottles.

66b37ba3-e882-4ccd-ad67-51bc2642ca36-jpeg.297078
So it seems you got that bottle out pretty easily. Can't wait for a guest to encounter a not so nice product coming out of the bottles mounted in the showers that someone added in there.

We used them at CSR a month ago and actually didn't mind them. Although some of them you had to push a lot to get liquid to come out. Maybe they were almost empty.

Regardless of this being true or not we do not have to like it. Different strokes for different folks. If you and others enjoy it kudos.
Aside from this the reality is we expect more from WDW as they have set this level of service that is hard to find elsewhere. Doesn't matter if you're staying value, mod or deluxe. When we go to Disney it's like stepping into a different world. Personally, I dont care what others do when Im in Disney because Disney, yo me atleast, is in a league all their own. These dispensers is just them being cheap. But it doesn't make or break my trip. Like I said, I just bring my own stuff (including my own towel) and carry on with my vacation :)

I'm sorry you feel that way, but unfortunately for you, you will start seeing this roll out to many more hotels outside of WDW. The aforementioned NYC hotel was around a $500/night hotel and these dispensers didn't seem at all out of place.

Guests don't - or shouldn't - have any expectation of the vessel that delivers their toiletries regardless of the price they pay.

And they would be correct about that too. Doesn't mean I, you, or anyone else has to like it, but it is true.

Curious- if a Disney restaurant that had good food in the past starts making subpar food, do you also instruct everyone to get over it? I don't understand why the cheapening of the resort stay is any different. I mean, we can "survive" eating soggy sandwiches too.

That is so well said! I look forward to the nice amenities and those little touches are part of my resort vacation experience. The lovely scents in the lobby, the fresh flowers on the lobby counter, the music and pool games by the pool, the in room coffee and tea, the bathroom amenities, the room theming.... those all play into the deluxe resort experience. If any of us were to go to the Four Seasons next door, we would see similar if not even nicer amenities. Certainly not less...and again, a deluxe resort experience. They aren’t just rooms for sleeping.

Agree. And for what it's worth, I called the four seasons this morning and they said they do NOT have dispensers on the wall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter