new fantasyland

I wasn't intending to bash, just state forcefully that it IS NOT all that.

The Mermaid ride was a breath of fresh air, quality and enjoyability wise despite that it seems kind of 'already been done'.

Raving about BOG just isn't worth talking about. It's a cool venue serving medicre over priced food and will simply get more mediocre and over priced as time goes by. It's a restaurant.

The theming of the area is very nice. The theme parks have all got that down pat at this point.

But where is the wow? Where is the ride that blew my socks off like Spiderman and HP did when I first rode them? Can Disney not compete on this level anymore or are they simply buoyed by the fact that their target will giddily greet anything they give them with mindless joy?

I agree as as almost always...
but to answer your question - they don't want to "wow" you.

There is no profit in it. The parks are meant to do three things:

1. Make you spend while you're there on disney products
2. Make you go home, remember, and spend on consumer products in seedy places like walmart and kmart
Distant 3. like it enough to come back and spend again.

the problem is that they can accomplish 3 with a variety of things...and unfortunately for us - that includes extensive theming, bad food, and princess photospots.

Each time they built something great - like pirates, splash mountain, and tower of terror...there are five year or more gaps until they build something else cool. and all the while the attendance goes up on a steady arc...

so what's the point to "innovative"...they've basically proven there's no profit in it because of branding.
As opposed to universal....who people forget about every 5 years and they HAVE to build something top notch to get buzz back.

Disney never seems to lose its bees. and to those that say "eventually they will"...that is a low probability bet against the house as it stands. I'll have to see it.

Now, now, don't pick on pirate ;)

I'm sorry if my post came off as harsh, I just hate getting one word answers to questions like that. The way the original poster phrased the question made it seem to me like he was unsure of the progress that had already been made on New Fantasyland. I guess I didn't have enough coffee this morning. I will go and be what's wrong with Rumors and News somewhere else ;)

My apologies, and have a nice day!
~I didn't think your post was harsh, it was very helpful. I didn't see anything wrong with the one worded answer, either. I thought both comments were a little tongue in cheek, that's all. You're definitely not "what's wrong" with Rumors! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter