new fantasyland

davrosuk

Earning My Ears
hi
does anyone know if the new fantasyland will be complete this eyar?
we are travelling in september

Does it really matter? It's an overhyped nothing. Go see Harry you really want groundbreaking.

O come on!! Don't listen to the above poster. It is a nice area with one of the best restaurants in the Magic Kingdom (my opinion). They say it won't be done until 2014, but i have a feeling it will be done by Thanksgiving. The Little Mermaid Ride is great for little kids and we enjoyed it. The way they did Dumbo is awesome (you have to see it at night) and the que is also great if you have little ones. If you are a fan of Disney, you will enjoy this area.

I work in Fantasyland and can assure you that it will not be complete until 2014. The new Princess Meet and Greet area will open in 2013 (it's going to be located where the Snow White attraction used to be). The Seven Dwarfs Mine ride is, according to what we are being told, slated to complete in mid 2014.

O come on!! Don't listen to the above poster. It is a nice area with one of the best restaurants in the Magic Kingdom (my opinion). They say it won't be done until 2014, but i have a feeling it will be done by Thanksgiving. The Little Mermaid Ride is great for little kids and we enjoyed it. The way they did Dumbo is awesome (you have to see it at night) and the que is also great if you have little ones. If you are a fan of Disney, you will enjoy this area.

Oh, by all means, listen to the Disney can do no wrong apologist.

The mermaid ride is good but we lost Snow White. Further, being one of the best restaurants in the MK is really saying a lot. Geez, I was really liking Pecos Bills or Tony's.

My original point was this is nothing but theming and it is a serious disappointment to anyone actually looking for quality from a company that used to always exceed guests expectations.

The mermaid ride is good but we lost Snow White. Further, being one of the best restaurants in the MK is really saying a lot. Geez, I was really liking Pecos Bills or Tony's.

My original point was this is nothing but theming and it is a serious disappointment to anyone actually looking for quality from a company that used to always exceed guests expectations.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes Pecos Bills haha.

Oh, here we go with the New Fantasyland bashing. :) I enjoyed it! Little Mermaid was decent. Love some of the old 20K Leagues Under the Sea tributes in the rock and the music I heard. The BOG Restaurant was great! The new circus area I didn't think was that bad either, it was a "fun" atmosphere and went with Dumbo, which was nicely refreshed.

I am not saying that it couldn't be better maybe, however, I don't see what is so wrong with it. I think it flows well with the older area and rides. It wasn't like they were adding a whole "new" land and theme where they might have went crazy with. I see some very crazy things with the potential over at HS with Star Wars though. We will see.

Thanks for chiming in with such an informative, insightful answer, you borderline troll.

To the original poster, in case you are new and have no idea, New Fantasyland has been opening in sections for a few months now. So far, the Belle's Village area with Belle's Cottage and Beast's Castle is open. Attractions and Eateries in this area include Enchanted Tales with Belle, the Be Our Guest restaurant (which is counter service for lunch and table service for dinner) and Gaston's Tavern (counter service all day) along with a gift shop.

Continuing further down the path will bring you to Prince Eric's Castle which is also open and holds the new Little Mermaid ride, and just beyond that a Meet and Greet with Ariel in mermaid form.

Walk down the new pathway to the Storybook Circus land and you'll see the two Dumbo rides, as well as the Casey Jr. Circus Train, Clown Troupe, and some new character meet and greets.

All of these areas are open to the public now. The only elements of New Fantasyland, or Old Fantasyland, still under construction, are The Mine Coaster, scheduled to open in 2014, the Princess meet and greet described above, and the Rapunzel's Tower bathrooms (rumored but probably not) that may also be a meet and greet which will be done soon, from the looks of it.

Oh, here we go with the New Fantasyland bashing. :) I enjoyed it! Little Mermaid was decent. Love some of the old 20K Leagues Under the Sea tributes in the rock and the music I heard. The BOG Restaurant was great! The new circus area I didn't think was that bad either, it was a "fun" atmosphere and went with Dumbo, which was nicely refreshed.

I am not saying that it couldn't be better maybe, however, I don't see what is so wrong with it. I think it flows well with the older area and rides. It wasn't like they were adding a whole "new" land and theme where they might have went crazy with. I see some very crazy things with the potential over at HS with Star Wars though. We will see.

I wasn't intending to bash, just state forcefully that it IS NOT all that.

The Mermaid ride was a breath of fresh air, quality and enjoyability wise despite that it seems kind of 'already been done'.

Raving about BOG just isn't worth talking about. It's a cool venue serving medicre over priced food and will simply get more mediocre and over priced as time goes by. It's a restaurant.

The theming of the area is very nice. The theme parks have all got that down pat at this point.

But where is the wow? Where is the ride that blew my socks off like Spiderman and HP did when I first rode them? Can Disney not compete on this level anymore or are they simply buoyed by the fact that their target will giddily greet anything they give them with mindless joy?

Pumbaa7287 said:
Thanks for chiming in with such an informative, insightful answer, you borderline troll.

To the original poster, in case you are new and have no idea, New Fantasyland has been opening in sections for a few months now. So far, the Belle's Village area with Belle's Cottage and Beast's Castle is open. Attractions and Eateries in this area include Enchanted Tales with Belle, the Be Our Guest restaurant (which is counter service for lunch and table service for dinner) and Gaston's Tavern (counter service all day) along with a gift shop.

Continuing further down the path will bring you to Prince Eric's Castle which is also open and holds the new Little Mermaid ride, and just beyond that a Meet and Greet with Ariel in mermaid form.

Walk down the new pathway to the Storybook Circus land and you'll see the two Dumbo rides, as well as the Casey Jr. Circus Train, Clown Troupe, and some new character meet and greets.

All of these areas are open to the public now. The only elements of New Fantasyland, or Old Fantasyland, still under construction, are The Mine Coaster, scheduled to open in 2014, the Princess meet and greet described above, and the Rapunzel's Tower bathrooms (rumored but probably not) that may also be a meet and greet which will be done soon, from the looks of it.

A little off topic... But you "borderline troll" comment is what's wrong with this rumors and news section... Get off your high horse and back off just because the poster dust elaborate on their response...

I wasn't intending to bash, just state forcefully that it IS NOT all that.

The Mermaid ride was a breath of fresh air, quality and enjoyability wise despite that it seems kind of 'already been done'.

Raving about BOG just isn't worth talking about. It's a cool venue serving medicre over priced food and will simply get more mediocre and over priced as time goes by. It's a restaurant.

The theming of the area is very nice. The theme parks have all got that down pat at this point.

But where is the wow? Where is the ride that blew my socks off like Spiderman and HP did when I first rode them? Can Disney not compete on this level anymore or are they simply buoyed by the fact that their target will giddily greet anything they give them with mindless joy?

It may not be "all that" to YOU, but obviously the OP is interested in seeing as much of it as possible. OP was looking for facts, not rude opinions. That's great that Spiderman blew your socks off. Guess what? Enchanted Tales With Belle and the Little Mermaid ride blew our socks off. We loved them both. Spiderman and Harry Potter do not interest me or my family one bit, but that doesn't mean I would tell someone looking for info not to bother with them and go to Disney World.

OP, as mentioned, the two things that have yet to open are the new meet and greet area and the mine train. The mine train will definitely not be open by Sept, but there is a chance for the meet and greet. There is a huge thread here all about the FLE expansion. I'll find the link and post it here for you. :goodvibes

ETA: Here is the FLE thread

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2622159

A little off topic... But you "borderline troll" comment is what's wrong with this rumors and news section... Get off your high horse and back off just because the poster dust elaborate on their response...

Yes, my post full of all the correct information answering a question is what's wrong with this section, as opposed to the person who just came in and gave a one word incorrect response. Whether or not he 'dust' elaborate, he gave a wrong answer.

First I apologize for my typo "dust" was supposed to be "didn't" . Second the reply "nope" answered the OP questions entirely. If you read back the original question was " will FL be complete this year. And no it will not be... Plain and simple...

If you were going to attack someone you could have chosen pirate who didn't even answer the question at all, now we all know pirate is not a "troll" but none the less ... No offense to you pirate just using you as an example

If you were going to attack someone you could have chosen pirate who didn't even answer the question at all, now we all know pirate is not a "troll" but none the less ... No offense to you pirate just using you as an example

Now, now, don't pick on pirate ;)

I'm sorry if my post came off as harsh, I just hate getting one word answers to questions like that. The way the original poster phrased the question made it seem to me like he was unsure of the progress that had already been made on New Fantasyland. I guess I didn't have enough coffee this morning. I will go and be what's wrong with Rumors and News somewhere else ;)

My apologies, and have a nice day!

But why me? I'll probably get more penalty points for some thing or another now!:rotfl2:

Lol pirate I said no offense, oy use you because you were the next post...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!