New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to catch the express bus from HS to MK after the Star Wars fireworks or does it stop running before then?

It depends on so many factors:

What time is SWS?
What time does HS close?
What time does MK close to regular guest (not late EMH)?

There will be one more bus after closing at HS to another park that is still open for regular guests, so if you can watch SWS and still get to the express bus stop before that time and MK is open, then it is possible.

It depends on so many factors:

What time is SWS?
What time does HS close?
What time does MK close to regular guest (not late EMH)?

There will be one more bus after closing at HS to another park that is still open for regular guests, so if you can watch SWS and still get to the express bus stop before that time and MK is open, then it is possible.

We're going in two weeks and SWS is at 9:30 with HS listed as closing at 9:30, which is part of my confusion. SWS duration is 14 min, so if the buses run on schedule and there's one last trip after the show, it might be possible to catch the 9:50 to MK. MK is open until 11pm for all guests, so that's not a problem.

We're going in two weeks and SWS is at 9:30 with HS listed as closing at 9:30, which is part of my confusion. SWS duration is 14 min, so if the buses run on schedule and there's one last trip after the show, it might be possible to catch the 9:50 to MK. MK is open until 11pm for all guests, so that's not a problem.

It's worth a quick walk/run over to see if you can make it. If you don't, there will be regular buses going from HS to MK. Go for it!

Saves a lot of time. You see nothing of interest behind the scenes. Buy it to save time not to see anything

Disagree, just a little bit. The Express transportation to DAK takes you right past the massive horticulture center, which we thought was fascinating. I want a tour of that place! But most people won't get enough value from the pass if they buy it in order just to see backstage.

Overall report from last week:
When we used the service, we really enjoyed it. Surprised more people aren't using this, especially as every resort lobby we encountered had brochures for the service.

Pros:
1. A fixed schedule. We ride buses to commute back home, and the schedule you can count on is a huge convenience to maximize your time.
2. Avoiding security screening. Standing in line for the bag check and random metal detector screenings really got on our nerves, and the express transportation was a great way to avoid the nonsense and save time.
3. Relaxed, quiet, nearly empty buses. Great way to recharge, and just about the only quiet we experienced outside of our room for 10 days.

Cons:
1. You have to have the right touring style. We only used the service 3 times, mainly because our touring pattern is typically park>resort rest>park instead of park>park.
2. Not very green. Extra buses on the road for very few people increase the carbon footprint.

We did find it handy to sneak in a ride or two at a park in between the current park and our resort. If we were going from DAK to Port Orleans, we might as well express over to Epcot on the way.
We also used the service to hop out of DAK, which has combined bus service between POFQ and POR to a park with dedicated service to each, making each leg of the journey more enjoyable.

If the price stays about where it is and doesn't get crazy populated, we'd definitely consider using it again, but we almost feel like it's not a service we could use enough to make the price easily justifiable.

3. Relaxed, quiet, nearly empty buses. Great way to recharge, and just about the only quiet we experienced outside of our room for 10 days.

2. Not very green. Extra buses on the road for very few people increase the carbon footprint.

I also noticed this when we used the service last week. Most of the times we used there were only 5 or fewer people on the bus with us. A few times we were the only ones. The only full bus we had was going from Epcot to the Animal Kingdom right as Epcot was closing. The cast member that greeted us when we got to the Animal Kingdom was very surprised and said it was the largest group she'd ever seen.

Does Disney have any smaller buses? If so, you'd think it would be less expensive to use those instead. And there's the whole carbon footprint element.

But overall it was a great service for us because we love park hopping. And even if there wasn't much to see it still felt cool to be backstage. I hope the price doesn't get too crazy, but honestly I'd be willing to pay a lot more than what we did. Getting the 7 day pass for 2 people wasn't bad at all. Of course I'd maybe feel differently if I was traveling with a bigger party.

I also noticed this when we used the service last week. Most of the times we used there were only 5 or fewer people on the bus with us. A few times we were the only ones. The only full bus we had was going from Epcot to the Animal Kingdom right as Epcot was closing. The cast member that greeted us when we got to the Animal Kingdom was very surprised and said it was the largest group she'd ever seen.

Does Disney have any smaller buses? If so, you'd think it would be less expensive to use those instead. And there's the whole carbon footprint element.

But overall it was a great service for us because we love park hopping. And even if there wasn't much to see it still felt cool to be backstage. I hope the price doesn't get too crazy, but honestly I'd be willing to pay a lot more than what we did. Getting the 7 day pass for 2 people wasn't bad at all. Of course I'd maybe feel differently if I was traveling with a bigger party.
They do have some smaller buses, we've used them for tours.
But, many of these larger buses are greener, alternate fuel buses (at least they have alternate fuel logos on them, for whatever they mean)

We used this service today and there were very few people at HS using this. I can't see Disney continuing this service when you only have a couple people on the bus. That being said, we loved this service. We plan to hop a lot this trip and we loved the fixed schedule, skipping security in the new park, and getting dropped off in the park. We accomplished more today than we ever did in one day.

Hate to say it but this was a total waste of money for us last Saturday. They don't tell you and I had never read that they cancel this during thunderstorms.

We started our day at HS by driving there. We took the Express Bus after lunch to MK. After dinner, the heavens opened with heavy rain (but very little lightning/thunder). Everybody started heading to the monorail in droves, but we thought, Haha, those suckers don't have their express bus to catch like we do. We tried to wait the rain out, but eventually headed to Tomorrowland only to find a sign that said "Not operating, please use regular transportation." Nobody to ask, no other information, no cast member, nothing. We waited the rain a little more and then finally it stopped. Still no worker. Finally, another worker came by the area and we asked them. He said they can't stand out for safety if lightning is around. They'll have to wait at least 20-30 minutes after the last thunder. If we waited more, there were no guarantees of anything and with the clouds getting darker again and HS getting closer to closing, we finally gave up. Eventually had to fight the masses in the monorail (which was broken down for a long time while packed of course) and then got a taxi to Hollywood right before closing to get our car. So for our family of 5, we spent $120 (including taxi), for about 4 hours of actual park time. From the time of our last ride at MK, to being in the car, it was about 3 hours.
OMG...really good to know, thank you. That totally sucks that you spent all that money for nothing. So, you bought for the day and never got to use it....do they give you another day to take it's place?

Overall report from last week:
When we used the service, we really enjoyed it. Surprised more people aren't using this, especially as every resort lobby we encountered had brochures for the service.

Pros:
1. A fixed schedule. We ride buses to commute back home, and the schedule you can count on is a huge convenience to maximize your time.
2. Avoiding security screening. Standing in line for the bag check and random metal detector screenings really got on our nerves, and the express transportation was a great way to avoid the nonsense and save time.

Cons:
1. You have to have the right touring style. We only used the service 3 times, mainly because our touring pattern is typically park>resort rest>park instead of park>park.

We did find it handy to sneak in a ride or two at a park in between the current park and our resort. If we were going from DAK to Port Orleans, we might as well express over to Epcot on the way.
We also used the service to hop out of DAK, which has combined bus service between POFQ and POR to a park with dedicated service to each, making each leg of the journey more enjoyable.

If the price stays about where it is and doesn't get crazy populated, we'd definitely consider using it again, but we almost feel like it's not a service we could use enough to make the price easily justifiable.

Yes, agreed. I found we preferred the same touring style as you outlined, park> resort pool > park. However we did hop between parks both early and late but also to get back to MK easier. We were staying at WL and for whatever reason, the buses from AK and Epcot were long waits for us. So with MK staying open until 11, we could pretty reliably grab a bus out of Epcot to get over to MK even close to closing time. I'm not sure I would use it again, but it's a really nice service.

Funny note, I was waiting for the bus at AK and a man walked up to the CMs and asked "Is this for getting into Pandora faster?" It's strange how they can have so much information, including the page on the website and brochures everywhere, and people don't understand.

I've used the service (weekly pass) twice. It was a huge help on my offsite stay-loved, loved, loved it. When I was onsite I did tend to return to Pop between parks and didn't take advantage as often as I did when offsite.

When we travel just the two of us, we tend to do park- resort-park. But with this service, I could see us doing late morning at resort-park -park. Or park- park- evening at resort. But who knows, I could see us doing some rides at epcot, hop to AK, do safari and lion king-hop to mk and walk back to BLT. In my eyes, the best "value" is the pickup spot at AK. The walk from the buses to the rides/entertainment at AK seem much longer than other parks.

Several pages back, someone mentioned if a park was closed you would be dropped off in front of the park.

Anyone one else hear anything about this. I'm a little concerned of our trip in Dec. 4 nights MK will be closing at 6 pm.

I'd love it if it was true.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of hopping and planned to use it more extensively for my onsite stay but had days where the weather was iffy or I wanted to change clothes and ended up going back to the room. I'm a lot less likely to do that when offsite.

I tend to rope drop every day and return to my room for the night in the late afternoon/early evening.

I hope it stays around - I love to park hop and typically do the park - resort rest - park - but the DH is not a morning person like I am so I thought this may help us, start a little later then I would typically like but cut out the resort rest and use the park to park buses - given POP will now have coffee makers in room even the late starts won't be as late but two of our days are only PM planned so would be nice those mornings to hit a few rides and head somewhere else for a while. I think the AK to another park would be one of the best. Also I could use it to get to MK for monorail resorts.

Here we go, ready to on my fist Express bus. Heading for the Magic Kingdom. Just enough time for a quick power nap. Six people sharing the ride.

Epcot to MK: 20min on the nose.

MK to AK: 23min and a private bus just for me.

Last edited:
We were there yesterday and "kind of" used the service. We were in MK and wanted to hop to Epcot. We were told we could sign up at the first kiosk the day of. The rain was coming down in sheets and the CM said to just get on the bus and if we chose to use the bus again to sign up then. I don't think she wanted to deal with it in the downpour. (We had a 1 day comp ticket from Hurricane Matthew.) We were the only ones on the bus.

We got back to the table at Epcot a few minutes early to hop to AK, and I still had some of my avocado margarita left. They told us the bus was leaving right then. I paid $14 for that drink and was not dumping it. I thought we had a few minutes left. We chose to get a Lyft to Animal Kingdom. I reserved it at the gates of Epcot and it was already there when we got to the taxi area.

We hopped back to MK and ordered another Lyft. I wish we would have used the Disney bus service because we were dropped at the TTC.

Typically we go to Disney for 7 days, and we would not hesitate to use this service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter