New England Cars 2 Meet to benefit the Power of 10 -WE RAISED $10,000

I have put this as the first post but here is the info:

Hi Everyone,
I am pleased to announce the finalized details of the New England Cars 2 meet to benefit The Power of 10 and Give Kids the World. The meet will take place on Saturday, July 2nd at 10 AM at Cinema World in Fitchburg, MA. Doors will open at 9:15 and the movie will start at 10. I am still working to get 3D.

Fitchburg is located 1 hour west of Boston, 1 hour North of Providence, RI and 1 hour south of Manchester, NH for those of you flying in. There are a Sheraton 4 Points and a Courtyard by Marriott (with a Coco Key Water resort) close by for anyone needing hotel rooms but I would recommend staying closer to Boston if you are coming in for the weekend.

The Movie theatre holds 215 people so that will be the maximum number of people for the movie. Cost is a $10 donation and the ticket price will all go to Give Kids the World.

We are still working on a place to go after the show. A few of us are thinking a cook out type event at a local hall or park. This will allow for more socializing and we are planning some raffles and auctions. If you have any connections to business that may be willing to donate money to offset the costs or items for our raffle please PM me. There will be a small charge for the BBQ and as soon as I have that I will let you know.

As Pete & Walter have not been to New England in years I am really counting on the New England fans to show them a good time!!

Sounds great!! Do you want to have some kind of sign up sheet so you know about how many people will be coming? Or is it possible to sell the tickets ahead of time online so that people don't fly in or drive hours from out of town to get to a theater that is at capacity?

Sounds great!! Do you want to have some kind of sign up sheet so you know about how many people will be coming? Or is it possible to sell the tickets ahead of time online so that people don't fly in or drive hours from out of town to get to a theater that is at capacity?

I have started a sign up sheet and will move it over to the boards in the next day or 2. I am also going to PM Everyone to confirm numbers. I am still trying to work the best way for ticket sales and to ensure things run smoothly!

I would like to attend as well, we live about 20 miles west of Fitchburg and know the place well.

There are 5 in the family, I just need to speak with "the BOSS" because we are actually at the beach for that weekend. We could drive back for this event though and get to meet more DIS'ers.

I have put this as the first post but here is the info:

Hi Everyone,
I am pleased to announce the finalized details of the New England Cars 2 meet to benefit The Power of 10 and Give Kids the World. The meet will take place on Saturday, July 2nd at 10 AM at Cinema World in Fitchburg, MA. Doors will open at 9:15 and the movie will start at 10. I am still working to get 3D.

Fitchburg is located 1 hour west of Boston, 1 hour North of Providence, RI and 1 hour south of Manchester, NH for those of you flying in. There are a Sheraton 4 Points and a Courtyard by Marriott (with a Coco Key Water resort) close by for anyone needing hotel rooms but I would recommend staying closer to Boston if you are coming in for the weekend.

The Movie theatre holds 215 people so that will be the maximum number of people for the movie. Cost is a $10 donation and the ticket price will all go to Give Kids the World.

We are still working on a place to go after the show. A few of us are thinking a cook out type event at a local hall or park. This will allow for more socializing and we are planning some raffles and auctions. If you have any connections to business that may be willing to donate money to offset the costs or items for our raffle please PM me. There will be a small charge for the BBQ and as soon as I have that I will let you know.

As Pete & Walter have not been to New England in years I am really counting on the New England fans to show them a good time!!

Awesome!! Big thanks to you and your brother. :thumbsup2 I thought I heard interest on the podcast from Kevin, John, & Kathy as well.

Awesome!! Big thanks to you and your brother. :thumbsup2 I thought I heard interest on the podcast from Kevin, John, & Kathy as well.

John and I are working on the logistics at this point.

We are definitely interested and trying to make it work.

We'll keep you posted.

I LOVE your idea here, great job!!! If I didn't live far away in Iowa I'd come for sure!!

I'll be excited to hear all about the planning, though. It'd be fun to set up a fundraiser like that in my neck of the woods :). Great job!!!

I am working the numbers to see if we can attend. I remember going to Fitchburg as a child. :)

Did you go to Whalom Park?!?

I was going to take my nephew to Whalom Park when he came up for a visit, only to find out they didn't reopen that season - or any season after that :(

"Whalom park...for a whale of a time!"

I am working the numbers to see if we can attend. I remember going to Fitchburg as a child. :)

What in God's name did you go to Fitchburg for??? Jus curious. This sounds like a terrific idea. I'm only about 40 mins away.
Only issue is that may be the day my dd has to report to camp..right about the same time as the movie time. But, we'll see what happens.
Kathy, let me know if you come up. I would love to see you in my area...not just in WDW!!!

We used to live at Ft. Devens, outside of Ayer. My sister was born there. I remember going to a WT Grant and a store that had these cool wooden floors. That was like going to the big city when I was a kid.

I don't remember that amusement park. My parents used to take us to Gloucester and we thought we were being punished. If I only knew then what I know now. My father also had us convinced that lobster was terrible. :)

We used to live at Ft. Devens, outside of Ayer. My sister was born there. I remember going to a WT Grant and a store that had these cool wooden floors. That was like going to the big city when I was a kid.

I'm not too far from Ayer, and Devens is still there, although it is not a fully active army base any more, the military is still there (mostly reserves I believe), and various other high tech developments are there as well. I used to get camo BDUs from the store there :)

My parents used to drag us to Rockport...didn't see the big deal then. My mother used to tell me how how Motif #1 was painted "by many famous painters", and I used to think that they must have all gotten together for beer and pizza and painted it in half a day... :)

Just subbing!

Brian just told me it's confirmed! I just took the WHOLE day off that day! We'd be happy to help drive people around or pick up at the air port or whatever!

SO EXCITED!!!!!

Thanks for making my day! It's been a long one!!!!!

Tara,
Count us in, there are 3 of us.
Thanks so much for putting this together up in the NE.

Hi Everyone,

I am keeping a list with names and number of people coming so please make sure you let us know how many people are in your group and names so i can have name tags ready!! Have I mentioned how excited I am for this!!

Keep the ideas coming!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter