New England Cars 2 Meet to benefit the Power of 10 -WE RAISED $10,000

Just found this thread after bouncing back to the boards for the first time in a bit.

Though it's a bit far from NYC, I would love to be a part of this so count me in! I'm hoping to get my friend from RI to come as well!

I'll be done with the school year at that point so I can definitely help with anything!

Cristen!

:thumbsup2This sounds great count us in, two for sure . This is the first day of our vacation what a great way to start it. We also are great fans of Cinema World in Lincoln RI. Please sign us my wife and I to any sign up sheet. :cool1:

What will be the hours for the post-movie DIS meet, and could that be attended separately?

I ask because this event coincides with our town's July 4th parade at 12:30pm and we are involved with that. (Our town holds the parade the on Sat regardless of when July 4th is.)

Conceivably we could attend a DIS meet afterwards depending on the hours.

This is a great idea. We've been dying to get to a meet for years now, but have never seemed to be able to make it thus far.

I can happily say that we are in - Dave and Beth

We have holiday plans that weekend, but would love to donate something if there's a raffle or door prizes or something... OP, let me know?

To those staying over, what hotels are you looking at?

I'm torn between staying at the Coco Key Resort or trying to stay slightly closer to Boston.

I'm also planning to visit Boston a bit, as well as the Adams National Historical site in Quincy so any place convenient to that would be awesome.

Hi Everyone,

Just clarifing that you should NOT but tickets from Cinema World online. You can buy tickets at the door which is why it is important that if you commit to a number than that is how many people you bring as there are only 215 seats. My goal is to fill all 215 so if something changes please let me know so we can open your seat up to someone else.

I am actually staying at the coco key resort this weekend for a conference, I can let you know how it is when I get back on Monday.

To those staying over, what hotels are you looking at?

I'm torn between staying at the Coco Key Resort or trying to stay slightly closer to Boston.

I'm also planning to visit Boston a bit, as well as the Adams National Historical site in Quincy so any place convenient to that would be awesome.

My goal is to fill all 215 so if something changes please let me know so we can open your seat up to someone else.

So that means we have to move all the way across the row filling in each and every seat? :rolleyes1

Saima Park is a great idea. Best western Cocoa Key and the Sheraton have banquet facilities. A outdoor cookout does sound better on July 4th weekend. These are just some more ideas.

SeanPatrickscatering.com has a hot dog/hamburger cookout that is under $10. We've used Sean Patricks for other events at work and they are reasonable. The food is typical catering fare. We had turkey and lasagna around the holidays last year. Everyone was pleased with the food quality.

For big events at work, we've ordered subs from Subway. Another time, Boston Market gave us a great deal on a half of chicken, one side and cornbread because we were a nonprofit. Not sure what they would do for gktw.

I would not suggest cooking. We've done it for 100 and it was a lot of work! Imagine 200! I can offer the use of my grill but not at my house. ;) I don't have the room and we only have one bathroom! But whatever the decision, I can definitely help.

Saima Park is a great idea. Best western Cocoa Key and the Sheraton have banquet facilities. A outdoor cookout does sound better on July 4th weekend. These are just some more ideas.

SeanPatrickscatering.com has a hot dog/hamburger cookout that is under $10. We've used Sean Patricks for other events at work and they are reasonable. The food is typical catering fare. We had turkey and lasagna around the holidays last year. Everyone was pleased with the food quality.

For big events at work, we've ordered subs from Subway. Another time, Boston Market gave us a great deal on a half of chicken, one side and cornbread because we were a nonprofit. Not sure what they would do for gktw.

I would not suggest cooking. We've done it for 100 and it was a lot of work! Imagine 200! I can offer the use of my grill but not at my house. ;) I don't have the room and we only have one bathroom! But whatever the decision, I can definitely help.

I agree with no cooking! I like the idea of the catered hamburger/hot dog cookout. If that was available then everyone could bring something too and it would help keep the cost down. The gathering at a park will allow kids to run around, a place to set up the auction/raffle stuff and an opportunity to mingle. Also, I was wondering if we should prepay to make the day easier for Tara? This sounds like so much fun, I can't wait :banana::cool1::banana:

Count us in for 4 seats!

I am actually staying at the coco key resort this weekend for a conference, I can let you know how it is when I get back on Monday.

I definitely do NOT recommend this particular Cocoa Key. We were there about 8 weeks ago. Talk about dirty! Our room was DISGUSTING and it had clearly been cleaned. There were just stains on absolutely everything, and the furniture was trashed. We were there with several families, so we had 4 rooms in our party and each was equally gross. We had 12 kids with us, ranging in age from 2 - 12.

As for the water park...it was fine. Appropriate for kids aged 4-10ish. Our 12 year old (who is a water park enthusiast), got bored fairly quickly. None of the adults in our party went on any of the slides (and again, we all love water parks)...none of the slides seemed to be "adult friendly." Not due to size, but just due to the fact that there were no adults in the water...it just seemed "wrong" somehow. Some folks did the lazy river. In fact, even with the kids, the lazy river was the favorite thing there.

July should be considered off season and thus not so crowded. If it IS booked due to the holiday, I definitely recommend getting one of the private cabanas. They are nice, roomy, have flat screen tvs, and make a world of difference. The cheapest (and smallest) ones are $50 for the whole day and easily work for 2 families together.

We are really looking forward to this, we'll be heading out to WDW one month later in August so we should be bouncing off the walls by July 2!

Regarding the cookout, I know that there are some local catering companies that actually have large charcoal BBQ pits made on customized trailers. I've not been to one recently, but they were pretty good.

The photos of Saima Park look nice - my grandmother would be proud as an "import" from the land of Finns, she tried to keep us up on our Finnish heritage. I mostly remember a few choice Finnish words that I picked up as a young kid that my parents didn't want me to repeat.

I would just like to remind folks if you are thinking of getting a hotel near Boston, they get CRAZY busy for the 4th of July. The festivities will be worth it, but plan accordingly.

Sorry John, but the geographic center of MA is in Rutland. Not Fitchburg. ;) Just sayin ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter