New England Cars 2 Meet to benefit the Power of 10 -WE RAISED $10,000

This is such a fantastic idea!
Thank you Tara for putting this all together
:cool1:

I've love to help, but due to an illness, I can't drive. Its a great idea, though. I'll be down in Disney in the next 2 week though.
-Shawn

OMG!!!

I am a local. I am definitely in! I can help with preparations if needed. Boots on the ground :cool1: Sign me up!

Uno's is close to the highway. easy on and easy off. Buffalo Wild Wings is in the same plaza. I will have to put my thinking cap on for other possibilities.

Hey Tara......

How about posting a list of who's attending in an edit to the first post?

And thanks very much for suggestion and following through on this great idea!:cheer2:

Tara,
Just replying to your request to add names. The 3 of us are Scott, Liz and Spencer.
Thanks again

We'd love to get together! We live just less than an hour from Fitchburg! Not sure if we could do a meet-up after, but we can work on that! I think it would just be four of us, our older two kids will probably be working that day.

My daughter and I have decided we are going as well!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

The List is up.. Please check it and if I do not have names or a number for you please PM post here...

On another note I am really torn as to what to do afterwards.. In my opinion we have 2 choices.. Rent a park and have a BBQ... Lots of fun but also lots of work (Which I am up for as I have had a ton of offers for help). The rental fee is $500 so we are looking at about $15 a person for a typical 4th of July cook out with all proceeds going towards GKTW. I am sure we can get some donations from local grocery stores.

The second choice is a restaurant. Pizzeria Uno's can host up to 100 people and will give 15% back to GKTW. Checks would be on your own and we would pretty much take over the restaurant but we cannot do raffles or things like that. We would also eat and leave.. the opportunity for socializing is limited a little more in my opinion.

So I ask.. Which do you prefer?!?

Hey Tara! Me and my parents are TENTATIVELY planning on going!!! Its me (Matt) my mom (Nancy-starwood) and my dad (Mike-31buzz)

Can't wait! :)

Tara- I like the idea of the BBQ, but what if it rains? I wish I knew more restaurants in that area.

Do you think a BBQ for 200+ people would be too much work? Would it be easier to rent the park and just order trays of food from a local restaurant? Maybe they would sell it at some kind of discount because it's for charity. I know in our area there are a number of Italian restaurants that do things like large trays of chicken marsala, pasta and garlic bread. There are also places that make those huge 5 ft sandwiches that could be served easily with chips and salad. Or there are caterers who will come in and cook the BBQ for you with burgers and hot dogs and will also take care of clean up. I know this would add more of a cost for everyone but it might be worth looking into just so you and other local DISers aren't stressing about making food, setting up, etc. If I were local I would offer to help but we're going to be on our way back from vacationing in Maine and would have no way of making anything to bring. I could pick something up at a nearby grocery store if someone could point me in the right direction.

Otherwise, I think maybe the restaurant would be a good choice since no one will have to worry about set up, cooking and clean up. And we won't have to worry about what to do if it rains...

Mentioned on another thread fire stations usually have a hall available or an AMF bowling alley might have space. :idea:

I spoke with the GM at Best Buy Marlborough MA and all we need is GKTW to supply their Non-Profit Tax ID number and he will donate. Not sure exactly what product ... so I'm open to pitching ideas for BBY donations. I working on the Tax ID but if anyone knows the ID send it along. So any ideas from the group?

I have received the Tax ID from Dave P! Thank you!

I know there are several local catering services like Firefly's BBQ that offer a delivery service to just about any location, but I'm not sure how costly that can get...it also may be a problem if they require money upfront.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter