New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

I'm wondering if Disney is going to delay taking possession of the Wish. Similar to Iona. Which would explain a lot. Maybe say Feb of 23? Especially at the rate cruising isn't going now. Rather then do a reduced maiden capacity or potentially no stops.
They already delayed the Wish by ~5 months to summer 2022.
And if they were going to delay further to spring of 2023, then why did they include a note about the Wish having some FCC blackout dates in the extension of FCCs to Sept 30, 2022?

They already delayed the Wish by ~5 months to summer 2022.
And if they were going to delay further to spring of 2023, then why did they include a note about the Wish having some FCC blackout dates in the extension of FCCs to Sept 30, 2022?
Don't know. Just a thought. I know from asking Disney before the Wish was started about using obc, they said a decision hasn't been made yet. But most likely not, from what they recalled. Flash forward to the pandemic, with 1 delay, and we should have seen some mention of her bookings, as using the Fantasy as an example, was a Septish announcement for a April Maiden. Roughly 19 months. Were at 16 using July as a neutral example. Add in what ports are actually accepting ships in the near future, and DCL might have a quandry on their hands. A comparable average cruise is roughly 18 months from announcement to 1st sailing. One cruiseline told mw we don't need your ships, we have capacity were not using prior to the Wish keel laying. Im wondering if that was Disney trying to leverage the situation. Which if it was, could mean a potential longer wait on the Wish.

Last edited:

Don't know. Just a thought. I know from asking Disney before the Wish was started about using obc, they said a decision hasn't been made yet. But most likely not, from what they recalled. Flash forward to the pandemic, with 1 delay, and we should have seen some mention of her bookings, as using the Fantasy as an example, was a Septish announcement for a April Maiden. Roughly 19 months. Were at 16 using July as a neutral example. Add in what ports are actually accepting ships in the near future, and DCL might have a quandry on their hands. A comparable average cruise is roughly 18 months from announcement to 1st sailing. One cruiseline told mw we don't need your ships, we have capacity were not using prior to the Wish keel laying. Im wondering if that was Disney trying to leverage the situation. Which if it was, could mean a potential longer wait on the Wish.
I don't think the Fantasy is a great comparison because she wasn't the first in her class. The Dream was, and was only 15 months from bookings to maiden.

Disney may have been the cruise line that said in April that they didn't need new ships, but that's basically irrelevant now. They've agreed to a new delivery schedule which is 2022, 2024, and 2025. And the ship is getting built now, so it's a little late to force a long delay.

There is a thread on here on the FCC extension and what it said about the FCC blackouts for the Wish in summer 2022.

Is that the Wish in the foreground of the AIDAcosma shots?

If you are referring to the smaller blocks under the green gantry cranes alongside the AIDAcosma, then yes those are probably for the Wish although we can't say for sure. They are also assembling a larger section of the Wish out of frame to the rear of the Cosma, however.

My family wanted to try for Disney Wish in 2023... Then I made the mistake of showing them Oasis of the Seas, which I am supposed to sail on with friends in November... Now they want to do an Oasis Class instead and push back Disney Wish to 2024.

*Whyyyyyyyyyy!?!?*

My family wanted to try for Disney Wish in 2023... Then I made the mistake of showing them Oasis of the Seas, which I am supposed to sail on with friends in November... Now they want to do an Oasis Class instead and push back Disney Wish to 2024.

*Whyyyyyyyyyy!?!?*

we did the Allure in 19 and won’t ever do an Oasis class again. Just way too big with way too many people. It depends on what you like to do. We were annoyed with having to make reservations for the shows every night and the lack of pool space. Crazy that a ship that big barely has any pool space

next time we sail with Royal it’ll be on an independence class ship most likely

we did the Allure in 19 and won’t ever do an Oasis class again. Just way too big with way too many people. It depends on what you like to do. We were annoyed with having to make reservations for the shows every night and the lack of pool space. Crazy that a ship that big barely has any pool space

next time we sail with Royal it’ll be on an independence class ship most likely

I usually like bigger ships (the bigger, the better) Regarding the pool, we'll see. The solarium pool seems great (TBD). I don't mind the booking of the shows. I told the family I'll experience it and let them know how it was before we book.

Daylight Video. Looking at the ship. the end closest to the buildings, where the white tent is on the top deck would be aft where Palo would be, Where the scaffolding is, is built around the aft funnel.

Under normal circumstances, how far along the construction timeline would she be?

Under normal circumstances, how far along the construction timeline would she be?
Relative to the pre-Covid timeline of delivery in Dec 2021, she's about 3-4 months behind. But now that delivery has been delayed by ~5 months to May 2022, she is about 2 months ahead of the normal build timeline for a spring 2022 delivery.

Relative to the pre-Covid timeline of delivery in Dec 2021, she's about 3-4 months behind. But now that delivery has been delayed by ~5 months to May 2022, she is about 2 months ahead of the normal build timeline for a spring 2022 delivery.

Using March of 20 as a start date, in theory, with an 18 month build time, she should be done Sept of this year. So, in theory, her Maiden should have been early Jan 22, similar to the Dream. MW had builds down to abut 14-16 months, so this would be the latest ball park. (Fantasy Floated out the beginning of Jan 2012 and did her maiden March 31 Dream floated out Oct of 2010, Maiden was Jan 2011)That would be under normal conditions. So, using July 22 as a neutral example, That would put her about 7 months behind. Give or take.

Using her original November 2019 Steel cutting that was mysteriously delayed, would put her at a May 2021 float out, and an August 2021 maiden. That would be a delay of 11 months, using July 2022 as the example (figuring June July August as summer months)

Without knowing what the new build time is, she looks farther along, for a Summer 22 maiden. All things considered, without covid and its associated issues, looking at whats built, and the amount of blocks waiting, I would guess at a early 22 Maiden. That would be with out knowing DCLs delayed maiden. I think shes closer to 4 or 5 months ahead. Which makes me wonder if DCL and MW agreed to a delayed hand over, similar to the Iona, when they pushed her sisters back to 24 and 25. This would keep MW busy while the waters settled a little bit from going from 3 ships to 2 per year with a reduced workforce, while Ionas sister takes shape as the first inline for the slower build times. Something I just thought of, is that a lot of the long lead items, are already in the pipeline getting ready to be installed, or are installed, and with Ionas sister also set for a 22 maiden, could mean storage space is at a minimum at the yard.

Are they absolutely certain that it’s going to be ready in a year from now?

I think that the last year has taught us that nothing is absolutely certain at the moment. This part of Germany, and Germany as a whole, is currently having a big increase in Covid cases. As well as the lockdown restrictions Emsland even has an overnight curfew in place now. Sea trials for Odyssey of the Seas were delayed for a short while due to cases on board and I'm sure that sections of the shipyard also get delays when some of the workers are quarantined. While everyone of course hopes that everything here gets back to normal soon it may not happen for some time yet. I guess that Disney may wait until the recent increase in cases starts to stabilise and start to decrease before making any big announcements or updates on the schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter