• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

And, just like that, Meyer Werft (Papenburg) today deleted the third frame of its Hall 6 webcam -- the Disney Wish. Guess the Mouse doesn't want incremental build images shown for its DCL faithful to talk about and grow anticipation organically but a reveal upon float out. Was there a webcam for the entirety of the Fantasy build?

I was thinking about this. What may have happened, and well know for sure in a few weeks is MW moved to 2 ship per year delivery. Which for 21 would be Oddesey and AidaCosma. When Oddesey moves down the Eems and the AidaCosma floats out, Wish may reappear on the cameras.

I was thinking about this. What may have happened, and well know for sure in a few weeks is MW moved to 2 ship per year delivery. Which for 21 would be Oddesey and AidaCosma. When Oddesey moves down the Eems and the AidaCosma floats out, Wish may reappear on the cameras.
It may appear when they float out the Cosma, as the Wish in it's current location behind the Aida ship will require it to be floated out to allow it to be moved out for finishing pier side. But they still may not allow static webcam images to be uploaded once it takes it's place in the 1st position in the dock. We'll see. Hopefully some of the YouTube videographers will catch it for upload then.

I had to call DCL today to get my Castaway Club membership updated, and while I was playing with their site,looking for the CC login page or link, found a link to the Wish. Touch the 3 bars, and first drop down is Cruise With Disney.Click that, The last link says .Disney Wish. You'll get a pop up that asks for more info, type in your email address for updates.

So I’m going to offer speculation.
The turning off of the Meryer Weft cameras is to keep secret the ships build details. Not because they have a work stop/shutdown. Although they might have greatly reduced the workforce, they plan to add things not on the current ships and want the excitement to come when sailing continues again. Then when those whom are willing to sail, a buzz will be positive and not about....but Covid.., reasons to not like the new “thing” they are building. I’m thinking a larger screen to watch Disney shows but inside like a lounge where you can drink and snack but have a Hot tub nearby and a pool table or foos ball and shuffle board in the back. And a balcony only for adults. And another gimmick similar to the waterslides that will use physical strength

So I’m going to offer speculation.
The turning off of the Meryer Weft cameras is to keep secret the ships build details. Not because they have a work stop/shutdown. Although they might have greatly reduced the workforce, they plan to add things not on the current ships and want the excitement to come when sailing continues again. Then when those whom are willing to sail, a buzz will be positive and not about....but Covid.., reasons to not like the new “thing” they are building. I’m thinking a larger screen to watch Disney shows but inside like a lounge where you can drink and snack but have a Hot tub nearby and a pool table or foos ball and shuffle board in the back. And a balcony only for adults. And another gimmick similar to the waterslides that will use physical strength

I have a feeling that there will be a lot of new features that they want to hide for a grand reveal. Otherwise why would they be so quiet?

Maybe the cameras are turned off because they're no longer working on the Wish. Did MW end up cutting a bunch of jobs?

Last edited:
I have a feeling that there will be a lot of new features that they want to hide for a grand reveal. Otherwise why would they be so quiet?
One reason i can think of is that the pr department is still on layoff status. Starting last Jan, (2020 and actually before that ) Ive been calling the passholder it department since I dont get any emails or passholder invites from WDW or DCL or any of the subsidiaries, even though I have them checked in the mde app. And the app would randomly recheck all of the boxes or wouldnt allow me to the screen to check the boxes. At somepoint, in this debacle, one of the supervisors told me that the behind the scenes it department was still furloughed. Beginning of last week I get an email from some super secret behind the mouse it person stating that they saw my trouble ticket from last summer and were requesting info to trouble shoot it.

Maybe the camera's are turned off because they're no longer working on the Wish. What ever happened to MW cutting jobs?
There still working on it. Any blocks you see in the hall are the Wishs'. They have no choice, since shes blocking AidaCosma from leaving the build hall. I think the most likely scenario is that with MW only building 2 ships per year, and 3 in the hall or docks, they are focusing publicity wise on the next 2 ships to be delivered. Oddessey of the Seas ( I know Ive spelt the name wrong probably every time I type it) which should transit within the next month or so for a May inaugural, (at least in theory) then AidaCosma. Originally the Wish was on camera III, which is the deleted camera, and also, camera 1 changed position just a little bit to focus on the near complete AidaCosma. I think they did something similar with the Dream class as they were built. Once the Odessey departs the yard, we should know for sure with in a few days to a week or so.

As far as MW cutting jobs, from the little I saw, they were basically trying to hire temp workers, to replace some of the remaining full time employees, as a cost saving measure. Not sure how far that got.

Maybe the cameras are turned off because they're no longer working on the Wish. Did MW end up cutting a bunch of jobs?
But wouldn’t you keep the ships in the factory per se, moving along? They had both announced delays in production and some ships are no longer planned(canceled) for construction. And I think for those reasons they had to cut jobs. I’m thinking the speed at which they would normally build a ship will be reduced with a smaller workforce. But I know Diddly squat really.
But in Truck1 I trust. \/ \/ \/ <3
As far as MW cutting jobs, from the little I saw, they were basically trying to hire temp workers, to replace some of the remaining full time employees, as a cost saving measure.
.....Great.... that’s what I wanted to hear.... temps will be installing the many options that I will be using on the ship.
I’m going on the Odyssey in Jan of 2022, currently for seven days provide they don’t shorten all cruises as a Covid protection measure.

But wouldn’t you keep the ships in the factory per se, moving along? They had both announced delays in production and some ships are no longer planned(canceled) for construction. And I think for those reasons they had to cut jobs. I’m thinking the speed at which they would normally build a ship will be reduced with a smaller workforce. But I know Diddly squat really.
But in Truck1 I trust. \/ \/ \/ <3

.....Great.... that’s what I wanted to hear.... temps will be installing the many options that I will be using on the ship.
I’m going on the Odyssey in Jan of 2022, currently for seven days provide they don’t shorten all cruises as a Covid protection measure.
Don't quote me on it. I honestly don't know hownit worked out. Im fairly certain they laid off some employees but don't know the details. Im on the wrong side of the pond to follow.
With that said, there's checks and balances so even if they did hire temp workers theres certain things that are in place to make sure the workmanship is up to spec. Like x-rays of certain critical welds, inspectors from the yard. Etc. So its not really as bad as it sounds. Plus they have to have certain qualifications in there class to work there. Same as the regular employees. So you won't see sparky the electrician trying to weld a thru hull.

With that said, there's checks and balances so even if they did hire temp workers theres certain things that are in place to make sure the workmanship is up to spec. Like x-rays of certain critical welds, inspectors from the yard. Etc. So its not really as bad as it sounds. Plus they have to have certain qualifications in there class to work there. Same as the regular employees. So you won't see sparky the electrician trying to weld a thru hull.
I guess my fears come from wet floors in the stateroom and Laboratory problems early on with some of the ships. I mean it’s all corrected now, at least I don’t hear people complaining about it as much. I mean I’ll never really have an answer to this. But was the initial problem poor design or poor workmanship for those issues. I was thinking that wasn’t the first ship they ever made, so it had to be workmanship?
But at least with the back up measures you offered, we shouldn’t sink! :rotfl2:
The Wish
I wish I could see it being built.
I wish I could be sailing.
I wish I knew about the new bells and whistle‘s.
I wish I could be on the inaugural.
I wish I could afford the inaugural.

Apparently Oddeseys days are numbered in MW. They are making preps to move her down the Eems for her seas trials. So we should have an answer in the next 2 weeks or so on the webcams. They are shooting for a Feb 27th move. Weather dependent.

I guess my fears come from wet floors in the stateroom and Laboratory problems early on with some of the ships. I mean it’s all corrected now, at least I don’t hear people complaining about it as much. I mean I’ll never really have an answer to this. But was the initial problem poor design or poor workmanship for those issues. I was thinking that wasn’t the first ship they ever made, so it had to be workmanship?
But at least with the back up measures you offered, we shouldn’t sink! :rotfl2:
The Wish
I wish I could see it being built.
I wish I could be sailing.
I wish I knew about the new bells and whistle‘s.
I wish I could be on the inaugural.
I wish I could afford the inaugural.
What wet floors and laboratory issues? If your referring to the smells, that usuly is the ptrap in the floors drying out. 2 cups of water in each drain fixes that real quick.

Apparently Oddeseys days are numbered in MW. They are making preps to move her down the Eems for her seas trials. So we should have an answer in the next 2 weeks or so on the webcams. They are shooting for a Feb 27th move. Weather dependent.
I doubt anything changes with the Wish's webcam situation. I really believe it disappeared only because Disney wanted it to. And the AIDAcosma doesn't look ready to float out of the hall yet either, so the Wish will be staying in its current location for now.

I am curious to know what Disney's PR plan is though, because there are lots of interesting factors to consider:
  • They'll want to do some big PR announcements before putting the Wish cruises on sale
  • The Wish's maiden voyage might be <16 months away, so they can't wait super long to start selling
  • COVID makes any in-person PR announcement events challenging in the short term
  • They need to get the other ships' summer 2022 voyages on sale relatively soon
  • It might be undesirable to not have summer 2022 3/4 day cruises from Port Canaveral available if the Wish is taking that role but not being sold yet
  • The first Wish mega-block will get floated out within a few months if they want to announce while they still have complete secrecy

What wet floors and laboratory issues? If your referring to the smells, that usuly is the ptrap in the floors drying out. 2 cups of water in each drain fixes that real quick.
It was stuff that people complained about early in the Dream classes sailings. I never witnessed it myself, but knew if I was going on one of the dream classes I was going to look back and see which rooms I needed to avoid. But as it turns out they must have solved the problem, like you said, with a couple cups of water or some thing else. I never did understand why some of the carpets were wet. For the wet carpets and bathroom issues people were getting different cabins at the time. Seems like a entire deck section was having an issue once with wet carpet. But it was a LONG time ago, and those early records are hard to find now that they switched over to a new method on the board here.

But eventually those complaints stopped. The old room reviews my still have those problems documented????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter