New D23 Expo Superthread! (6/24/2019)

... And agree re the shopping, i will likely only try for one on one day when I can fit a 90 minute window for it to allow for possible delays.
I think we're going to do what we end up doing every Expo (since I've never managed to snag a Store Pass yet!) -- we just wing it when the line to the stores looks doable. On the bright side, this method stops me from going overboard with the shopping... in theory anyway.
And if we can't bring in food (I really hope they aren't going to be unreasonable about that this year), I'm not sure how we're going to eat -- our schedule doesn't allow for much time to stand in any lines for food, much less allow for time to actually chew and swallow anything.

And if we can't bring in food (I really hope they aren't going to be unreasonable about that this year), I'm not sure how we're going to eat -- our schedule doesn't allow for much time to stand in any lines for food, much less allow for time to actually chew and swallow anything.
I have always snacked while in line, too. Only way to maximize the time,

I'm only going to be there in Sunday and I really want the Meg doll. Do you think the dolls will be sold out by Sunday or do have so many per day?

I'm only going to be there in Sunday and I really want the Meg doll. Do you think the dolls will be sold out by Sunday or do have so many per day?

I *think* Meg will only be available as a full set preorder - that's how they've done main designer releases in the past, and that's all that was offered to sorcerers. Otherwise, she'll be released as a single one weekend in the Fall.

But they will have merch with her art on it! There's a beautiful jewelry box, and in the past they've had purses, ornaments, stationery, etc.

I'm not sure how they do it, but D23 manages to make each Expo more stressful and time consuming than the last one! For many of us, this isn't our first rodeo, but it seems to feel like it each go 'round... lol! Not getting much/any sleep tonight -- too nervous about what registration will bring.

Way to make me nervous about going! Lol. No matter what, I’m looking forward to the experience whether I get to do everything I want to or not because if all else fails, I’ve got 2 parks down the road to enjoy at the end of the night

Way to make me nervous about going! Lol. No matter what, I’m looking forward to the experience whether I get to do everything I want to or not because if all else fails, I’ve got 2 parks down the road to enjoy at the end of the night
Being nervous is part of the whole experience! Welcome to the party! We're all in this together -- sharing the ups, downs, sideways, and all the magic. :) Half the fun of Expo is not knowing what's going to happen and how things are gong to turn out -- then sharing all of it here!

Curious with another question - all the Marvel stuff says "By Reservation Only". Does that mean you are supposed to go to the Marvel booth first thing to book these events? My daughter would love the Black Window event on Sunday.

Curious with another question - all the Marvel stuff says "By Reservation Only". Does that mean you are supposed to go to the Marvel booth first thing to book these events? My daughter would love the Black Window event on Sunday.
That is how it worked last Expo - Marvel took reservations at their booth

In years past he has done this just kicking around that area, yes. No need for a TalentPass as it isn’t at Talent Central, it’s a thing you happen upon (come early for). He guarantees X many guests (60... I think??) to start with and then if there’s time, he’ll record for more people on a case-by-case basis.
Thanks so much.

I'm wondering the same thing. I really hope it's not at booth, because those are near impossible to get. At least the signings were last expo.

And with food allergies, safe snacks just make Expo life easier.

I do not have food allergies, but I have had low blood sugar issues on and off for the last 20 years and when they flare up, they last for a few months. When it hits, I barely have time to sit down instead of falling down. Of course, this nonsense started back up at the end of July and I have had 2 significant drops since. I really need to make sure I have snacks that help regulate my sugar during the expo.

I was surprised at the no water bottle rule (which I fully intend to violate). As if 20,000 people can use the water fountains to fill their water bottles all day long. Or that the food locations can handle any more people in their lines just for water. I am bringing snacks as I did before. If they take them, they take them.

Can someone post a screenshot of what the reservation page looks like? I am at work and can't access it right now. I didn't realize they showed it in the video.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter