New CDC Outdoor Guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it doesn't. If it did you couldn't breathe with it on. What it does is block particles above a certain size. Aerosols are largest when they are first breathed out and get smaller as they get further from the person they came from, so particles too big to get past the mask of the person they came from are small enough to get through the mask of another person who breathes them in.

Of course, my comment was intended to be in jest, but the remote nature of the risk you describe illustrates the problem. We are never going to be 100% safe.

As I understand the concern now, some are worried that....

1 - Somebody has Covid on a day they plan to visit Disney
2 - They are a asymptomatic (or decide to ignore their symptoms), so go to the park anyway
3 - They are in your proximity
4 - They are not wearing a mask (here is the change)
5 - They cough or sneeze so as to create droplets that aerosolize with the you being far enough away for the particles to get so small that they will penetrate a mask, but not so close that your mask will stop them
6 - Your mask does not stop the particles (even the small particles can be stopped, but may have a better chance of getting through)
7 - Your vaccine is ineffective
8 - You receive a sufficient viral load to catch Covid (not all exposures lead to Illness)
9 - You are in the small minority of people who experience significant effects of Covid

Sorry, but the risk here seems extremely remote. How much more remote would you want it to be before the masks can start to come off of those who don’t want to wear them? 100% vaccination is not practical. I hope that more people will feel comfortable coming out to places like Disney, but at the end of the day, everybody should do what they feel is best for their family, and if that means staying home, that is your prerogative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter