New CDC Outdoor Guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say let’s be happy. Orange County should be announcing that outdoor mask mandates for all are gone in his press conference tomorrow. More folks are getting vaccinated. Outdoor risk is low for ALL. Today was BIG and GOOD news!! I assume that folks who are still that worried probably aren’t planning trips to Disney then right now 🤷‍♀️

Nothing is ever just good news anymore. Everything is layered with what ifs...
No one is ever happy on any side of the argument. Sometimes justified, sometimes not.

I'm so tired of humans. Long live cats. 🤣
Disney will shut us all up with a decision soon enough.

(We can dream right?)

They also have had chances to see how different things are playing out. Other theme parks have dropped masks outdoors, some even only inside places. Plus in NE florida there was the county fair that brought in like 20K people over 11 days with very little masks and extremly crowded many times (like shoulder to shoulder). Plus jacksonville has hosted a few indoor events that were sold out full capacity with no masks either and those events were all a few weeks ago and no outbreaks being linked to them.

Hersheypark just announced that those that are fully vaccinated can go maskless in the park. People on social media are all up in arms because they don’t have to wear a mask and their kids do. Plus, they think there will be too many dishonest people.

It’s hard to please everyone, but it’s time to move on beyond the masks. If you don’t feel comfortable being around maskless people in a theme park, then stay home. I don’t mean to sound harsh, but that’s the direction things are heading and people need to be okay with it or change their plans. Their are many people that were not okay with wearing masks and they changed their plans.

I’ve been blown away a lot over the last 14 months but I’m extremely shocked how scared some folks are about returning to normal.
Most of the discussion in here is around what Disney will or won’t do because you can’t tell who is and isn’t vaccinated. Few people who can’t get themselves or loved vaccinated are concerned sure, but my takeaway is that most people are excited about the prospect of this. As a vaccinated person I’ve been waiting for this day!

Most of the discussion in here is around what Disney will or won’t do because you can’t tell who is and isn’t vaccinated. Few people who can’t get themselves or loved vaccinated are concerned sure, but my takeaway is that most people are excited about the prospect of this. As a vaccinated person I’ve been waiting for this day!

Right! Allow only vaccinated adults and kids 12 and up, and their under 12 family members and I’ll join the celebrations mask free.

Sorry to rain on the parade but Fauci saying today that kids should still wear masks. What businesses will do with that info remains to be seen. Mortality rate aside, children can still catch it and spread it. We are in a tricky gray area right now but hopefully not for long.

The anecdotes about not wearing masks don’t prove any point except making people look inconsiderate. You weren’t safe from covid because you didn’t wear a mask, but because you were lucky enough not to encounter someone with covid. We wore masks everywhere until my husband had to go to the ER and be unmasked for a few procedures. He brought home COVID to all of us including my seven year old who was sick with a fever and lost his sense of smell/taste. None of us are completely back to normal. Really don’t appreciate people downplaying it or pretending masks don’t work 14 months into this.
Did Fauci say that in todays briefing about children still needing to wear masks? I searched and couldn’t find anything in reference to today’s updates.

I say let’s be happy. Orange County should be announcing that outdoor mask mandates for all are gone in his press conference tomorrow. More folks are getting vaccinated. Outdoor risk is low for ALL. Today was BIG and GOOD news!! I assume that folks who are still that worried probably aren’t planning trips to Disney then right now 🤷‍♀️
We have been to Disney three times in the last year (20 days total) and felt very comfortable. With today's news we are watching very closely to see if they change the rules at DW. If they do, we likely will not take our nine year old on the 16 day trip we have planned in July. I understand the statistics but unless someone can tell me how this will effect her in five years, ten years, etc, it isn't worth it for her to have long lasting effects from this virus. There are people out there who are planning trips and comfortable with the current rules but would not be comfortable with new ones. DW was one of the only places we felt safe to go but if they change the rules, I don't think we will feel that way anymore.

We have been to Disney three times in the last year (20 days total) and felt very comfortable. With today's news we are watching very closely to see if they change the rules at DW. If they do, we likely will not take our nine year old in July. I understand the statistics but unless someone can tell me how this will effect her in five years, ten years, etc, it isn't worth it for her to have long lasting effects from this virus. There are people out there who are planning trips and comfortable with the current rules but would not be comfortable with new ones.

That is us 100%. We have trips planned in June and September based on current Disney protocols which are meant for an unvaccinated population. We think first week of June will hold, but we will cancel September if they drop the outdoor mask mandate, which seems super likely after Bob’s comments today, before our littles can get their jabs.

Did Fauci say that in todays briefing about children still needing to wear masks? I searched and couldn’t find anything in reference to today’s updates.
I watched it and Fauci actually said kids are FINE without a mask outdoors but should still probably wear them in most indoor settings. My kids have been in school since August and have NOT been required to wear masks outdoors or when in their assigned seats— only group work and moving around inside of the school. No outbreaks this whole year 😀

If only vaccinated go maskless it explains why it the hospital I received the vaccine at told me to “guard my vaccine record” with my life. “You may need it”.

It will piss off those who didn’t get vaccinated for one reason or another and it will be another way to try and convince people to get vaccinated. I don’t care if someone chooses not to get vaccinated. I do care if they get someone sick.

I do hope the masks go away especially with hot sweltering weather.

We have been to Disney three times in the last year (20 days total) and felt very comfortable. With today's news we are watching very closely to see if they change the rules at DW. If they do, we likely will not take our nine year old on the 16 day trip we have planned in July. I understand the statistics but unless someone can tell me how this will effect her in five years, ten years, etc, it isn't worth it for her to have long lasting effects from this virus. There are people out there who are planning trips and comfortable with the current rules but would not be comfortable with new ones. DW was one of the only places we felt safe to go but if they change the rules, I don't think we will feel that way anymore.
I think a lot of parents feel that exact way about getting their children the vaccine. How will that affect them years down the road. We don’t have that answer yet.

Yes (copied and pasted below). Perhaps just indoors? Not sure I haven’t seen actual updated guidelines for kids or if they’re just lumped in with the unvaccinated group.

Children too young to be vaccinated will still have to wear masks when they are indoors and around others, even if older kids and adults are free to take off face protection once they are fully vaccinated, Dr. Anthony Fauci said Thursday.

Last edited:
Guidance is quickly changing and will change even more before vaccines are required for under 12 year olds. Schools around here will not require masks at all when school starts back this August. There aren’t going to be really many places left where masks are mandatory for all very soon, especially in outdoor settings, but I understand that you have to do what you feel is best for you and your family.

Guidance is quickly changing and will change even more before vaccines are required for under 12 year olds. Schools around here will not require masks at all when school starts back this August. There aren’t going to be really many places left where masks are mandatory for all very soon, especially in outdoor settings, but I understand that you have to do what you feel is best for you and your family.
^I meant before vaccines are available for under 12

At some point Disney is going to change their rules, it’s just a matter of when. It could be tomorrow, next week, next month, next year. Who knows? Regardless, when they change their rules, someone will not feel safe and/or necessarily agree with them. For everyone that cancels because of the new rules, you’ll have someone else book a trip because of the new rules. It will be interesting to see how things shake out.

At some point Disney is going to change their rules, it’s just a matter of when. It could be tomorrow, next week, next month, next year. Who knows? Regardless, when they change their rules, someone will not feel safe and/or necessarily agree with them. For everyone that cancels because of the new rules, you’ll have someone else book a trip because of the new rules. It will be interesting to see how things shake out.

Yes with 50% of the population unvaccinated and unconcerned there are plenty of folks to pick up any openings left from cancellations. Disney knows this and needs to get their numbers up. They may be done playing it safe after today.

I said this elsewhere, but if someone doesn't feel safe anymore when Disney says no masks outdoors, no one should be questioning/judging anyone if they decide not to go. Or if they go and choose to still wear a mask.

Right especially with hotel availability and some of the park reservation availability so low. DVC is booked pretty solid through the summer.

Yes with 50% of the population unvaccinated and unconcerned there are plenty of folks to pick up any openings left from cancellations. Disney knows this and needs to get their numbers up. They may be done playing it safe after today.

Disney already reported today their bookings going forward are strong, so don't think that's the reason if they change the rules.

I also think it will only be outdoors mask wearing for now that changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter