NEW (and IMPROVED, if THAT's possible!)Wilderness Lodge FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I make a note of a reservation request of a partiuclar room or area on my reservation with WDTC or should I wait and fax the room assigner?

The last time we were there in '01 - the wonderful 999ghsts got us the perfect room at VWL. She was the nicest CM. I got the impression from reading the old WL FAQ she isn't around anymore on these boards. We had a 2bedroom on the 6th floor and we could see the lake, the Electrical Water Parade every night.

Thanks, loubelou. We are excited to be staying at the WL and we won't be in the room that much anyway. Hope you have a great trip!

I fixed my signature - now everyone can see I'm a WL vet!! :Pinkbounc

Thanks for pointing out my oversight! :D

Hi

We have our first stay at wl in august. I will be with my two daughters 3 & 10, then joined by my partner and 5 mo. old. Can't wait!!! Here are my q's:

We have a courtyard view, any place/rooms you'd recommend?
Do you fax requests?
How is the pool? I know we will spend a lot to time there.
Do we need a car or is the transportation good from wl?

Thanks for having a great place to get info!

oh, this thread is just what i needed, just got back from a wonderful 13 day trip but it is always a little depressing when it's over :( dd and i are going back in dec and staying at WL for the 1st time:D i'm wondering about the transportation, is it usually faster to take a bus than wait for the boats if going to MK or resort hopping to GF and the poly? i have a woodsview booked, did anyone not like their woodsview?
katypop

Glad to see the new thread started. I am staying at the WL for the first time on Friday. I am so excited!!!! Excited, thrilled, stoked, jumping for joy, you get the point. I am faxing my request tomorrow and wishing and praying for the best. :Pinkbounc

Katypop!
Hi! My DH and I stayerd at WL last Dec. and are headed back this next DEC. to WL!! It was beautiful! I know you read about transportation problems on these boards, but we did not experience any We traveled to and from MK on boat, to Contemporary to resort hop to see other decorations(fun)! We took the bus to other parks never a long wait to go either way! We drove ourselves to DTD, that one always seems long! Don't forget to get mugs at RF, take time to sit in lobby, and just enjoy!

thanks shopgirl72. that's what i was hoping to hear:D we have never been this time of year and i can hardly wait! maybe we'll see you there:D

oh, sm4987 i only have to think back a few weeks to remember the excitement:D have a wonderful trip, and remember to share your story when you return. we'll be waiting for any tips or info on WL:D
katypop

In 2 weeks we will be back at the WL for our 3rd stay. Last time we got upgraded from Courtyard view to the Yellowstone Presidential suite! We know we were VERY lucky. I'll never forget asking the cm if we good get bunkbeds and the odd look he gave me. When one of the manangers came over she said they could probably get us a room w/ bunkbeds, but thought we should tour the room they had assigned to us before we make our decision. Boy was she right!

I'm not looking for any type of upgrade this time. Bunkbeds would be nice for the kids, but just happy to be going back.

When you walk through those big glass doors and hear that majestic music, and see the beautiful lobby, it just feels like you are on vacation.

I can't wait!

Originally posted by brutus
In 2 weeks we will be back at the WL for our 3rd stay. Last time we got upgraded from Courtyard view to the Yellowstone Presidential suite!

Wow, what an upgrade!

What did you think of the Presidential Suite?

I'd love to hear more about your stay.

We'll be there from 6/8 - 6/16. We can't wait. Have a great time on your honeymoon. Congrats!

The Yellowstone Suite was shocking to say the least. Someone asked me how we got the upgrade, and to be perfectly honest......I don't have a clue as to how we got it...just lucky I guess.

It's on the 7th floor, at the very end of the "U". There were a total of 6 different balcony's that we could watch the electric water parade from. The main bath was bigger than some homes. The bathtub was the size of a small swimming pool. The room also had a formal dinning room and a "butler" kitchen. I didn't know what a butler kitchen was, but that's what the concierge said it was. Basically a small room off the dinning room w/ a fridge, linens, china, crystal and items for a formal dinner. We had room service one night and they sent up 3 cm's to "lay-out" our spread in our formal dinning room. There was also an office, living room. I think 3 tv's, a sound system that played through-out the entire suite, including the seperate shower!

We didn't want to leave the room to go to the parks.

Probably the best part was the art around the room. The had many original works through-out the suite.

A "kinda" funny story. When we first got to the room we were all exploring (me, DW, DS & DD-then 6 & 2). My DS went off in a different direction then the rest of us and after a few minutes we heard these loud foot-steps. My wife and I were commenting on how much this room was on the "rack" rate and how lucky we were for getting it at such a great discount. About that time my "active" son comes around the corner wearing these old wooden snowshoes that he got from the wall (they were very low and not hung well) and thinking he was looking cool. He had them strapped to his feet and he told us he was going swimming! We both freaked...."take those off...this really will cost us $1000.00 per night!"

We hung them back on the wall, explained that Admirial Byrd, or whoever the explorer was who used those shoes really should be the last one to wear them, and his water shoes would probably be much better for his type of exploring.:jester:

Does anyone know of a great website to show pics at WL? Our family will be going for first time in Oct and trying to decide where to stay.

Thanks,
Leslie:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Oh yeah! I thought I'd never get through the old FAQ. I have questions about Roaring Forks. Can you give me details about the food there. How much are refillable mugs? Do they have Krispy Kreme doughnuts? Fruit, yogurt, cereals? Mainly I want to know the breakfast offerings, but I'm also curious about the grill and snacks. Thanks!
We have ressies for Sept. 7-14 with the FTP. My aunt and I are taking my 2 cousins, 3 and 6!! I can't wait and am hoping for bunkbeds. We got woodsview, so those rooms mentioned previously sound perfect. Any other suggestions for woodsview. I love the idea of being close to the pool/RF/laundry elevator as well. How far is that from the boat transportation?
I guess I'm full of questions. Thanks you guys!

BlueFairy, the refillable mugs are $10.99, I believe. No KK doughnuts that I saw. They do have fresh fruit, cereals, cooked to order egg breakfasts with side meats, muffins, danishes, bagels I think, just about anything you could want for breakfast. The grill makes very good food for breakfast or lunch/dinner. Each day there is a "special" that is usually a pretty good buy.

We were there at the end of March; looking foward to going back in August!

BlueFairy'
They certainly do have KK donuts!
The grill has a limited menu, but very good food for a quick bite.
Breakfast has eggs, pancakes or a breakfast pizza.
You need to request Bunks, otherwise you'll never get them!
Woodsview(north side) is close to boat launch and roaring forks.

We ate at Roaring Forks quite a bit during our stay. It had something to please everyone in my family and was very quick. One morning the line was out the door, but it moved very quickly. We tried a few full-service restaurants such as O'hana and Whispering Canyon and felt we paid way too much for the mediocre food that was served and it took time away from other activities. Also, my boys are at the age where none of the full service restaurants really impress them very much. They would much rather grab a quick bit and keep more time for pool, parks, and other activities. So, we stuck with Roaring Forks for most of our breakfasts and almost all of our dinners. Our average breakfast cost for a family of four was $14.00 and our average dinner was around $23.00. My son's favorite item was the breakfast pizza. I don't like to eat a heavy breakfast and there was plenty of breads and fruit offerings. We felt the food at RF was really good for counter service and saved us time and money over the disappointing sit-down places. We did have a great character breakfast at Hollywood & Vine one morning and are disappointed that the character breakfast there has been canceled. We will be trying a couple more of the buffets this time because of our great experience with H&V. We are planning on trying Whispering Canyon for breakfast this time as well. My SIL and BIL ate there for breakfast and loved it. We had dinner there and weren't impressed, but the skillet breakfast sounds great for our lazy day that we will take in the middle of our vacation for a late breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter