New 8/25 Direct Price Incentives?

It’s hard to know how many points to add on with that new poly tower hanging over my head…. Some new information on that would make these decisions so much easier!
Same for us. We're holding out for that one, too.... but I'm guessing they won't release any info on it until the last minute. They like to keep us guessing... and hope we'll get impatient.

In the words of Mr. Darcy, "She is tolerable; but not handsome enough to tempt me."

Well at least they are "admitting" that they have to sell those SSR points. Hopefully they will go lower if they don't sell as much as they would like to.

Love the reference BTW. As a bit of fun before the birth of our first kid my wife and I had convinced our families that we were going to name our boy Fitzwilliam after that character. In truth we just hadn't decided on the name yet :)

DVC News has done their update with all the tables and such -

https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program/fin...dvc-reveals-its-fall-2022-purchase-incentives

Before we stayed at VGC last April I would have been jumping on the RIV incentives since they are close to what we bought back in 2019, and then we could stay in in a GV there. Now I am torn.

Before we stayed at VGC last April I would have been jumping on the RIV incentives since they are close to what we bought back in 2019, and then we could stay in in a GV there. Now I am torn.
I feel very strongly that Grand Cal hotel side is better than VGC if you do studios, and at VGC pricing, you might as well just pay cash.

Suppose we can expect Aug direct sales numbers to favor VGF over RIV? That's a pretty big difference in incentive pricing for the two resorts. Although, perhaps it has more to do with number of points to sell at each?

It will be interesting to see. Direct sales for July were worse for VGF but incentives expired as well.

There is a huge difference in number of points so I wonder if the lower price is to speed up RIV so you have similar times when they become sold out with VDH and Poly tower coming online in the next two years?

It will be interesting to see. Direct sales for July were worse for VGF but incentives expired as well.

There is a huge difference in number of points so I wonder if the lower price is to speed up RIV so you have similar times when they become sold out with VDH and Poly tower coming online in the next two years?
That would seemingly make sense. Speed up RIV sales with great incentives and keep VGF sales moving, but not at a lightning pace until Poly Tower and VDH go into active sales.

I was thinking this too. The RIV incentives are actually pretty good - good enough that I am considering a direct add on. But I still think resale will drop below 100. I am torn - but I also don't like the idea of restricted points. with the exception of my BCV points, all my other points I usually use across all resorts.

Just got off the phone with DVC Guide Mark B and he stated that the members Add-on starts at 150 points to get a discount.
Example: OKW 150 points @$200, now $196.
Not buying g again, but I hope this helps .

I was thinking this too. The RIV incentives are actually pretty good - good enough that I am considering a direct add on. But I still think resale will drop below 100. I am torn - but I also don't like the idea of restricted points. with the exception of my BCV points, all my other points I usually use across all resorts.
You think the price for riviera resale will drop below $100/point?

And then he promptly proceeds to fall in love with her, anyway.
Caroline.gif

I do not think you will ever see RIV below $100 unless you see the same thing for BLT, CCV and PVB.

People love the resort enough that they are buying it inspite if them. Just like you self impose restrictions for your BCV points, those of us who feel the same way about RIV don’t care about the restrictions because we are doing the same thing.

And when VDH comes out with them..and I think Poly tower will too..the resale price will stabilize.

Deals for direct are decent and the one thing you know is you can use them anywhere.

Last edited:
$4 off OKW, SSR and Poly won't do it for us. Well, I'll keep hoping my 50 point OKWE passes for $127 but it is looking grim vs $196...

My guide did indicate late 2023 or early 2024 for any news on new Poly. Yay! 16+ month wait!

:bored:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter